Take it back

The small voice back in his head that kept saying he messed up once again, that he was about to lose everything again. Because of his stupidity and uncontrollable habits. He wasn't taught hot to control his emotions, or how to keep his cool and not say things that circled in his head. And if he was going to lose everything because of it, then that's alright. He was used to it after all, it would just hurt a bit at first and then he will forget. Like always.
The louder voice, however kept telling him it will be alright and that he didn't do anything too bad. He wanted to believe it, to just know that Aizawa would believe him and not do anything too harsh. But he was way smarter than that to believe those sweet lies. He had learnt his lesson long time ago.
And the vision of going through it again, of believing that louder voice seemed like a nightmare. What would he do then? Alone, in a place he barely knew anything about and surrounded by other people? Each different from other, with different path in life. He didn't even know what was his path in life, nor did he ever tried to figure it out.

He joined the hero course, because that's what the heroes wanted from him. He didn't protest cause he knew that his choice didn't matter. But he did know that he wasn't going to became a villain. There was Dream, Wilbur and whoever else called themselves a villain. He promised himself to never be like any of them. Even if he had to pay the price with his life. He experienced death many times before and maybe, just maybe the final death wouldn't be so tragic. But who knows? Maybe he will die being tortured or beaten to death by his enemy. Or maybe while saving someone. Either way, he was ready to face it.

But what he wasn't ready to face was Aizawa's angry face when they entered the house, standing in the hall. Despite his head hanging low, he could feel the burning look piercing his skull. God, why couldn't he bend the time? He could make it fly faster and be done with it. And surely, the burning pain in his wing wasn't helping either.
The silence was too overwhelming for Tommy, but he didn't dare to cut it. It was always the older's thing to start the conversation, especially when it was a lecture. Tommy, unfortunately, learnt it the hard way.

"Anything to say for yourself?" Aizawa's lecturing voice reached his ears, making his head move an inch to the side.

"I didn't do anything bad" Tommy said, before pressing his lips into a thin line.

Aizawa still looked at him, eye twitching as he awaited an apology or explanation at least. But he did not hear any of that and it didn't help to ease the current atmosphere that hung in the room. He spoke again, keeping his best to keep his voice low and calm.

"Just tell me what happened. I really don't want to make it longer than it should be" He said.

Tommy couldn't care less to look the said male in the eyes. Not when he knew there was nothing good going to happen. Not when the quiet voice in the back of his head suddenly echoed through his whole body, screaming like buzzing in his ears.

"Bakugou was yelling at Midoriya and when I asked what was his problem, he decided to start yelling at me. We insulted each other a bit and then he attacked me. I tried to protect myself, before defending himself. I hit him in the arm and then he hit me in the face." Tommy explained.

"Want about the mess in class?" Was the another question.

Tommy groaned, before clearing his throat.

"I guess I knocked something over with my wings but it wasn't my fault he was aggressive!" Tommy said, a hint of desperation in his voice.

He forcrd hunself to look up and he imidiatelly regretted that decision. Aizawa's black eyes were staring right back into his, anger burning inside them as Tommy tried to keep the unfazed expression. Why did Aizawa's eyes looked so familiar? Did he ever see them before?