Take me for a flight

"Alright, we can go" Tommy said, walking down the stairs after five minutes wearing a T-shirt with two holes on the back.

Originally the shirt was without any holes but as expected, it was uncomfortable to wear with wings tucked in without any space to move them. It made him feel trapped, like back in exile when Dream would get mad at him whenever his wings were out. 
It always left him suffocating, feathers twitching whenever he moved. It was a nightmare for someone like him. Knowing you have wings and the ability to fly but can't even unfold them to feel the wind against them for one more time.

"Alright! Let's go outside" Hawks said, dashing towards the doors in excitement like a little kid.

"He's acting more like a kid than you" Aizawa grumbled, following the man while wrapping his scarf around his neck.

Tommy chuckled, thinking to himself.

"Maybe if I wasn't cheated out of my childhood then I would act like a kid"

He quickly followed after Aizawa, closing the front doors behind him. The cool air hit him in the face, waking him fully up and refreshing. Oh right, he totally forgot to take a shower.
They excited Aizawa's property, walking down the street towards a small park that Tommy noticed when they were driving back from the mall with Aizawa.
When they finally seemed to make it to the park, Hawks found a great open area where they could settle down and get ready to take off. Aizawa decided to settle down on the single bench that was under a tree, almost imidiatelly falling asleep. He had to force himself to stay awake, since he wasn't so sure if Hawks could keep Tommy safe and away from any harm. What of he got tired mid flight? What if Hawks was too late to catch him? He wasn't going to ket that happen, Tommy was under his care now and slowly he could feel that the kid was putting his trust in him. Can't ruin it now, can he?

"Just be careful" Aizawa mumbled, watching as the two made their way a little further away from him.

Tommy looked a little skeptic at first, standing good four feet away from Hawks. The older only offered him a proud smile, before outstretching his wings and glancing at Tommy.

"You know what to do, just relax and flow me" He said, before bending his knees a little.

With a strong blow of wind, he took off and second later was hovering above the ground a good two feet. Tommy glanced at him, before turning his head to look at Aizawa with a hesitant look. Seeing his troubled look, Aizawa nodded and leaned forward, watching them ever closer.
Having no other choice, Tommy focused on his breathing and calmed down his racing heart. He felt how his wings opened widely, feathers shivering at the cold air. Slowly but surely, he flapped them once with a little bit hesitation. It was a long time since he last used to fly. The last time was when they locked Dream in the prison, he did it as a celebration of freedom. Good times.  When Tommy flapped them for the second time, more eagerly, he shot up in the air. He flew past Hawks, flying higher and higher until he felt satisfied enough and confident that he wouldn't fall. He heard Hawks laugh, before catching up to him and stopping in the mid air.

"Hey! Good job kid!" Hawks said, smiling brightly at Tommy and patting his shoulder.

Tommy felt a part of him growing proud of himself, before dodging Hawks and flying forward. The winged hero chuckled before following the teen, quickly flying past him and forward. Tommy took it as a challenge, speeding up and taking a sharp turn right when he swooped next to him.
Meanwhile Aizawa observes the two from the ground, capturing every move and the way they moved so smoothly across the sky. His eyes stay with the kid, the beating wings capturing his mind in the most calming of ways. It was mesmerizing to just watch how gracefully he flew, taking sharp turns and dodging whenever Hawks tried to cut him off. They were moving in fusion, blue and red colours mixing together and creating a beautiful image. Their moves were like a dance, professional and passionate like nothing else. They reminded him of birds in the sky that danced for one another while he watched. Pure happiness grew inside his body, small smile making it's way onto his face.

He noticed that Hawks stopped and turned around, flying toward shim before finally landing on his two feet. He flopped down besides Aizawa, wings folding on his back.

"What? Got tired?" Aizawa asked, tone teasing.

Hawks scoffed, offended look in his eye.

"Nope, just decided to give kid some time to himself. You know, appreciate the moment of freedom" He said, watching the blue of blue colour.

Tommy was cutting through the air, not caring if someone was watching him or not. He was in his element, in his own special place where he could feel like at home. In air where nothing and no one was stopping him anytime soon.
After a moment or so, he decided to have some fun. Looking back over his shoulder, he noticed Hawks sitting next to Aizawa while waving at him happily. Ignoring both of them, Tommy looked up and smirked. Without any second thoughts, he used all of his power and created a huge air puff while flying higher than before. His wings were whirring at a furious rate, hairs blowing all over his face with a satisfied and determinated smile.
His blue and soft feathers were harshly fluttering in the cool air as he slowly approached the maximum height that he could reach. He felt the heavy air, pressing on his chest and forcing him to close his eyes a little.

And when he finally reached the highest point, his wings folded on his back and he felt himself falling. Falling down towards the hard ground with wind blasting against his body and pulling at his clothes. He kept falling, everything around him becoming one and whistling sound reaching his ears. He loved this feeling in more ways that one.
And suddenly, a image of exile flashed in front of his eyes.

The holes from TNT in the ground, lava spilling around and water filling some of the holes. There was a ruined portal not too far away and ruins of tent where he used to live for the past few months.
He stood on a tall tower, wings tucked in under his shirt as he shivered at the cold air meeting with his skin. He was hundreds of feet in the air with nothing under his feet but a tower made of wood, dirt and cobble.
He leaned forward and started falling. And falling and falling and falling and-

He opened his eyes harshly before forcing him body to turn around and face the ground. Panic flew through his body when he realized how close he was coming to the hard ground. Not waisting any time, he pushed the fear deep down in his stomach and forced his wings to open.
Despite the pain he felt in his bones, he fought the urge to just fold his wings and greet the hard ground.
He stopped barely one feet above the ground, gliding closer the ground as he breathed in and out. He noticed Hawks running towards him along with Aizawa who walked behind him with his hands in his pockets.

"That was incredible kid!" Hawks yelled, putting his arms around Tommy's shoulders when he stood up on his legs.

"Thanks" Tommy said, nodding his head slightly.

Aizawa caught up to them, mumbling something to himself under his nose.

"Yeah yeah, that was nice and all. But don't do that again, I thought you wre going to crush" Aizawa said, glaring at the kid.

Tommy rolled his eyes, joining the two man moment later when they decided it was time to go back home and eat dinner.

"It's not like it would be the first time when I would crash.." Tommy whispered to himself.

"What was that?" Hawks asked, sending Tommy a look.

Tommy forced a fale smile, before shaking his head.

"Nothing big man, don't worry"

"Alright!" Hawks chirped happy, continuing his conversation with Aizawa.

Tommy had to be more careful with his words around them.