Surprise surprise

".. I'm a father" was the first thing Present Mic heard when he picked up his phone.

He blinked confused, no words leaving his slightly parted lips as he tried to recall what happened.

"A what?" He asked, his voice filled with disbelief and confusion as he waited for an answer.

"A father.. You know, I feel like it" Aizawa answered through the phone, his voice echoing through Mic's empty apartment.

"Wait, you slept with someone?!" He yelled, eyes widened in shock while Aizawa took the phone away from his ear so he wouldn't go deaf.

"I didn't sleep with anyone! Firstly of all and second of all, it's Tommy" Aizawa said casually, like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Oh" was the only replay he heard.

It took a good moment for Mic to understand the situation, before his eyes lighten up in excitement and happiness for his friend. His energetic persona was visible even through the phone, despite being far away from each other. While his voice was basically dripping with eagerness and utterly congratulating Aizawa, who felt at that moment like he achieved something huge, could only stare at the wall in front of him.

"Congratulations man! Damn, never knew you were the one to take care of a kid" Mic said, laughing mockingly to himself.

Aizawa scoffed at that, he was great at taking care of children! It wasn't his fault that they usually didn't approach him because he was busy. And he simply didn't care if he scared them. He still had his 20 problem children and now also Tommy, so it was win win.

"I didn't make anything official yet, but I think he finally accepted hero's help and feels more comfortable with me" Aizawa said, catching Mic's attention again, before continuing. "He let me preen his wings, which means he trust me and sees me as a part of his nest."

Mic nodded, knowing that his fellow friend wouldn't see it anyway, before shifting on his couch and putting his free arm behind his head.

"Do you plan on adopting him? Like, being his official guardian, I mean" He asked curious to know the answer.

"..."

Aizawa himself wondered about the answer, weighting his options at the moment. Sure, he would appreciate some company in his lonely house but it would be a lot of work to take care a child. He could watch over Tommy while he was at school and if he wouldn't be able to, maybe send some other pro's to see what he is up to. It sounded like good idea.
He also knew that Tommy had some family back in L'manburg that still were his biological relatives. But I'd he said that they Abonded him, it meant they weren't the best and he could take the full custody of Tommy. It wouldn't be too hard anyway, since they wouldn't know.

"If only he wants to be adopted by me, then I see no problem" Aizawa said.

"HAHA! FINALLY!"

Aizawa once again had to pry off his phone away from his ear,.cursing out the other male. They stayed on the phone for some more time, discussing some other things and topics before finally hanging up.
Aizawa took it upon himself to cook diner that day, forcing himself to enter the kitchen and prepare something.

Meanwhile Tommy was sitting at his desk, papers laying in front of him and his pen slowly moving against the white and smooth paper. His mind was occupied to the point that he didn't even hear Mic's screaming in the background.

"So, how many potions can you make at once?" Kaminari's voice brought him back to reality as his head shot up.

He was on a call with him, Kirishima and Jirou, together solving the problems and comparing their answers. He still had some small problems with figuring everything out, so he was given some extra work and something easier so he could train and catch up with the rest of the class. Somehow, he wasn't so bad at some subjects, but he still took the opportunity to be better. Which Aizawa said will be good for him in the future.

" I never really checked it. I need to focus on both colour and the effects so it takes a little concentration. I'm not sure if I would be able to make more than two at once" Tommy answered, bitting down at the tip of his pen. "What did you get in 4th question?"

"8x" Kaminari said somehow confidently

"How?!" Jirou asked, disbelief filling her own voice.

"Bro, there was no 'x' in the beginning" Kirishima said, muffling the laugh that bubbled in his chest.

"Really? Are we talking about the same question?"

"Yes" Tommy said, laughing himself.

"Oi! I may not be the brightest but at least I'm hot" Kaminari said, suddenly sounding more than serious.

...

"Guys?" He asked when silence filled the call.

"I don't want to break it to you, but Even Jack was more hot. And he was bald"

"Hey! I don't know any Jack but I feel like it wasn't a compliment!"

Multiple laughs filled the voice call along with Kaminari who only whined and joined them a moment later.
It was definitely nice to have a break from everything that was happening. And Tommy wasn't going to say no to some fun. Even if he was till wary of his classmates, he definitely grow close with some of them. Not as close as he was with Tubbo, but maybe closer than he was with Ranboo. And Ranboo wasn't that bad.
Maybe it was hard to admit it, buy he was actually enjoying his time with them.

・.。.:* *.:。.・

It was late when they heard a knock on their doors, the sun already settling down after the whole day of shining for them. Slowly, the beautiful moon creeped onto the sky and replaced the warm day with chilly night.
Not expecting anyone at this hour, they were on high alert when approaching the doors. The taller one of them took a sword on his way towards the doors, gripping it tightly in his hands as he narrowed his eyebrows. They weren't going to get abducted or anything tonight.

"Who's there?" Asked the shorter hybrid, pressing his ear to the cold doors.

"It's me! Fundy" The voice said, slight trembling present as he spoke to fight the loud wind.

They waisted no time in opening the doors widely and letting the fox hybrid in.
While the taller one took him to the living room and gave him some towel to dry off, his companion went to get some hot chocolate from the kitchen.
Fundy thanked them as he hold the cup with shaking paws, ears laying flat on his head.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" One of them asked, worried look in their eyes.

Fundy took his sweet time to drink a little from his cup before looking up at the two and opening his mouth.

"I guess no one told you yet.." Fundy mumbled to himself, which caused the other two to glance at each other confused.

"What happened? Is it about Dream?"

"When was the last time you saw Tommy?" He asked straight forward.

It took them a second to think before answering.

"Couple of days ago, maybe weeks. Why?" One of them asked, staring at Fundy who shook from the coldness.

"He's gone. Dream, he.. he killed him. In the prison" He said.

Silence filled the room as they tried to take in what he said. And when they did, Fundy already knew that he regretted being the one to tell them.

"..what?"