Endless pit

Technoblade knew that damn smile. He knew nothing good would happen if that smile was plastered on Quackity's face.
Both him and Quackity sat on one end of the table, where Wilbur occupied the other end. It was some time after his revival and Wilbur had a lot of time to catch up with any news and things that have happened while he was dead. The butcher army left them alone after some time too, staying for a day to observe the man before taking the risk and leaving.
Wilbur was mostly confused, his body was weak and mind all over the place. He couldn't stand for more than a few minutes, focusing on something was proved to be hard as his attention was caught by aby small noise or move.
It annoyed Qauckity greatly, but he was able to keep his emotions in check and only smile at whatever Wilbur was saying. Even if he wished to silence him for the rest of their little meeting.

Maybe he would miss Wilbur. They were brothers after all, he should have felt somewhat relieved when the book worked and he could see his older brother once again. But he couldn't bring himself, he couldn't even look at him without the urge to leave that room once and for all. The voices were yelling at him to put Wilbur out of his misery and bring an end to his struggle. He couldn't and he knew that.
And perhaps Wilbur knew that too. Because the way he would look at Technoblade every few minutes and smile. God, he would give him that familiar sickening smirk. He was testing him, pushing him to his limits. And they all knew that.

"So, tell me Wilbur, how did you enjoy your stay in the afterlife?" Qauckity asked innocently, hands resting on the wooden table in front of him.

Wilbur's eyes flickered to him for a moment before escaping to look at the wall.

"Nothing like I expected, it could be worse. It was boring and it could use some entertainment but I cannot complain too much" Wilbur said, growing at the thought.

"And what did it look like?" Quackity pushed, longing to get the answered he needed.

They were in that room for a completely different reason, Wilbur didn't know that.

"At first? It was a dark place with no light, color or noise. It was an empty space with nothing but darkness. No matter in which direction you went, there was nothing. It was boring but at least nothing was there to annoy me" Wilbur said na did there was something he wished to add, he didn't.

"And later on?"

"It was like a metro, trams coming and going. They never stopped, always passing by and heading for their assigned stations." Wilbur explained. "It was somewhat comforting to see them travel, to go and collect or leave souls that they were assigned to. The station itself was kind of strange, the lights flickering and weird noises filling the place. I waited for some time to see my own tram that would stop by and pick me up."

Qauckity nodded, titling his head to the side in boredom. He needed to know more specific things, not how Wilbur felt. He simply did not care about that.

"I must ask, why now?" Wilbur asked, raising his eyebrows at the men in front of him.

This time, it was Techno who spoke, catching Wilbur off guard before he tried to mask it with a smirk.

"It wasn't our original plan but if you must know, we simply wished to see if the book really worked. Believing Dream's words would be a mistake we couldn't afford" the pinknette said, locking his eyes with Wilbur's one.

Ones that he would usually love to look at. This time, he wanted to pull them out of his eye sockets.

"Oh? And who do you wish to revive next?" Wilbur asked in a funny voice. It was obvious he found the situation hilarious.

The reason for that was unknown and they didn't care about that, too.
Quackity sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Maybe we will try with Schlatt, NJ one really knows" he said, fighting the urge to rip his tongue out for even mentioning that name.