Over the universe

Quackity might have lost his sanity, but it was for the greater good.

・.。.:* *.:。.

Finding peace in the forest surrounding them was easy and painfully so. The silence was so loud Aizawa wasn't sure if he hadn't gone deaf, not a single noise reaching him even if he wasn't alone. The Pussycats were oddly quiet, sitting around him and enjoying the warm breeze and the silence. It surely won't last long, especially since Class 1a was supposed to join them any time soon. Aizawa wasn't sure if they would tho, there was a tingle of doubt growing in his stomach. They had to prove themselves and Aizawa would gladly see that.
But perhaps the trip wasn't as good for him as he thought at first. He had time, time to think. And of course, the first person he thought about was Tommy. He wasn't surprised, really. His mind was circling around the boy for the past few days and wherever he made the right decision. Leaving Tommy behind in the hospital, a day before his discharge. On one hand, Hawks would be there to pick him up and take home to look after him but on the other, Aizawa couldn't help but feel guilty. He wouldn't be there for his kid when he needed him, he knew the recovery Tommy had to go through was a hard one and despite being in the hospital for so long he wouldn't be back to his old self that quick. The poison really did a number on him..

The guilt was heavy, agonizing. If it wasn't for Nedzu he would have stayed behind to care for his son and aid him through his recovery. But his job was calling and as a homeroom teacher, there was no way for him to stay. He made sure to stay with Tommy the day previous and say goodbye but the pained look on Tommy's face made it clear he wasn't happy to see him leave. Especially a day before his discharge and Tommy knew it would be impossible for him to just pick him up. He even begged Nedzu to move the trip onto another day, preferably a week but the decision was made and it was too late for changes.

At least he had the time to blame himself.

"Eraser! Why so gloomy?" Tiger asked with a smile on his face, breaking the silence that hung in the air.

Aizawa's head moved to the side and glanced at the man who spoke, yet his attention returned to just staring at the ground.
Vlad King who was sitting on the opposite side of him looked up and a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips.

"Is it about Tommy?" He asked, leaning back.

A pair of black eyes immediately looked up at him and narrowed, which only pushed him to laugh.

"Do not worry about him! He's a tough kid, he will be just fine. And didn't you say that Hawks will be there to pick him up?" He tried to cheer up his friend who seemed unimpressed and even gloomier.

"He might be tough but it doesn't change the fact that he isn't doing well mentally" Aizawa muttered. "They aren't fine, even if they laugh and smile, Vlad"

The four members of the Pussycats casted them confused looks, feeling left out of the conversation. Vlad only rolled his eyes and folded his arms behind his head, relaxing slightly.

"And who is Tommy?" Mandalay asked, slightly intrigued to learn more about that boy. "Is he a new Pro Hero?''

Aizawa shook his head, looking up at her.

"Far from it! He has the potential and a good heart but he has a long way to go." Vlad said, interrupting whatever Aizawa wanted to say."I know he will turn out to be a great hero one day but he is just a little too ignorant''

"Tommy isn't ignorant, he just doesn't know how to control his emotions which is fine, he will learn. He is still a kid and he has a whole life in front of him but he has achieved many things and has proven to be a good hero material" Aizawa said, glaring at the man as if trying to challenge him. "Tommy might not see it but he is on top with a few other students and he will achieve a lot of things in life, I'm sure"