Confrontation

The house was dark, no light slipping inside or outside. The only sound were wild animals, who searched for food or choose the familiar area as for their playground. Tommy watched for a moment, finding himself amused at how caring the mother raccoon was. She picked up her child by it's neck, the baby swinging from side to side as it was carried into the depth's of darkness, where Tommy suspected was their home. He himself didn't wait long before going for the doors and with as little sound as possible, slipped inside. The creek of the floor was the only sound that filled the hallway, sounding extremely loud and annoying. Almost instinctively, his arms wrapped around his middle area, protecting it from any possible harm that could be send his way. And as he slowly turned around the corner, he felt the hair on his neck stand straight. A shadow, tall and wide was present in the room right by the window. It wasn't obvious who the person was with the shadows shielding their face and no movements done. Tommy would believe it was just a shadow or creation that his tired mind came up with, if it only wasn't for the way its head twitched.

"You're home late" The shadow said, causing Tommy to flinch a little but he quickly pulled up his facade.

"I was out, hung out with Hawks and ate dinner" Tommy replied, his voice a little off and he almost scolded himself for it. "Sorry if I worried you or something"

The shadow turned around, arms crossed over their chest and one leg bouncing a little. A small habit Tommy noticed whenever the hero was nervous. Or worried, if possible.

"You live here and as long as I'm your guardian, I want to know where you are of what you do" Was the thing Tommy heard and it did now sit well with him for some reason.

Maybe because the last argument they had told the complete otherwise.

"Well, the last time we spoke I remember feeling the other way.  I mean, it wasn't really nice. Or necessary, of all things" Tommy scoffed, arms tightening around his own body.

Aizawa, slowly but surely took a step forward and his face came in the view. Tommy wasn't sure if he wanted to see him at that moment, especially with all the bandages still left and fresh.

"Tommy, I know what I said wasn't smart but you have to understand it's not my fault-" Tommy cut his off, demeanor  calm but heart beating with anger.

"Yeah, because it was my fault, It is always my fault, no matter what I do. When others do something wrong, it's fine. Because they can make mistakes and no one will get mad at them for it, no one will blame them. But me? Every damn time I do something wrong or even make a small mistake, I get blamed. Even if it's not my fault. I was the youngest so it was the easiest to just go and blame me, because my words never mattered. They didn't care what I said, wanted or thought.  When you're the youngest, no one takes you serious and they always say it's because you don't know what it's like or didn't live long enough to understand it yet." Tommy said, giving Aizawa a pained look.

"Tommy, that's not what I meant. IT wasn't your fault, I got carried away okay? I was just worried and I never wanted to make you feel this way" Aizawa said, reaching his hand out for Tommy to take.

Yet, he only took  a step back and turned to Aizawa with his side, This way, he wouldn't have to look at him but would be able to dodge any incoming attack. It was a move he learned from Technoblade years ago in pogtopia.

"Listen Aizawa, I don't blame. That's the last thing I would do. And maybe, just maybe if you said all that to the old and naive Tommy who didn't understand how cruel the world is in reality, maybe I would believe you. But now, I know life works.  I might be young Aizawa, but I seen things you didn't even think were possible. I went through hell, trained every days for hours without a break and believed that what they were doing to me was to protect me. It took me years to actually find out, that they weren't training me for my own protection, but for their fantasies.  Remember what I told you?" He asked, his voice lacking any emotions as he dug his fingers in his sides.

 "Yes.." Aizawa whispered, Tommy barely hearing it.

"They made me a weapon, something to kill. I wasn't meant to survive the first war, but I did. And then another one and another one. And so on and so on. I am the bad guy, I know it. Everyone does and yet here I am, training to become a hero." Tommy chuckled to himself, the dry laugh making Aizawa tense. "I will never be good enough, I will never be a hero."

Aizawa took a sharp breath in, eyes scanning Tommy's face to find anything that said he was lying. That all he said wasn't truth. Aizawa wanted to believe that Tommy was just a lost kid who was proved wrong by the world. Not a kid who was forced to fight with enemies, murdering at such young age with no normal life. But he knew there was a deeper truth behind it all. That all he's seen so far was only on the outside. The real damage was deep inside, living in his heart and taking what little happiness was left. Crushing it in between it's merciless fingers and turning into dust. It was too late to repair the boy's past and make his think different, because that's what he was taught. But there was still future and the chance of making it as happy and safe as possible. The memories and trauma would come back at random times, sometimes stronger than other times. And till this day, Tommy had to deal with by himself. But now we had friends, him and Hawks. And Aizawa never wanted anything more than for him to feel safe and loved. Even if he messed up and knew Tommy wouldn't be so keen on forgiving him, he wanted to make sure he could live happily.

"You don;t have to forgive me or anything. I just want to apologize, because I know what I did was wrong. I might be a Pro Hero and a teacher, but emotions can get the best of me. I don't know what happened in the past except for what you told me. You don't have to, but bearing all this pain by yourself will only weigh you down. Don't let some bad memories ruin your life and possible future. And if someone comes for you, be it that Dream guy or anyone else, I will be there. By your side, if you wish for me too" Aizawa said and Tommy could almost laugh.

Because as much as he wanted to hate that man and what he said before, he knew he couldn't.  He was the first person to know Tommy's pain and he knew when what to do once he slipped into memories. Tommy was naive, no matter how much he wanted to think otherwise. Because there was still a part of him that believed Aizawa meant what he said and that he wanted to help him. But the thought of someone loving him was almost like a dream. For years, he tried to win Wilbur's love and attention. For years, he hoped that someone would look through his act and notice all the pain he felt. But every day, no matter how long he begged, people would believe in his lies and walk away like nothing was wrong. Even those who knew more than the others.

"Don't say you love me or want to help me. I don't deserve anything good, I don't deserve to be loved. I'm too broken for that, it's too late for the repay." Tommy said, looking in Aizawa's eyes.

"Then let me prove it to you, This time, I won't break my promise. I swear"

And Tommy nodded, accepting the man's words. But they both knew that even if they apologized and forgave, they wouldn't forget. Because once broken trust is never the same. But it can be stronger, if enough time is sacrificed. They had yet to learn to trust and love. And for each other's sake, it was the best if they did.