Coming back for you

It's gonna get a lot worse than bad before it will eventually get a little better. But what do you expect? A happy ending? Perhaps we will see.

・.。.:* *.:。.・

Tommy wasn't disappointed. With a frown on his face, eyes heavy and mind blank, he was far from it. He just felt stood up, lied to, perhaps even betrayed. He wasn't disappointed at all, it was just an illusion others saw.
It was petty and he knew it, he was acting like a child which many would say and he wouldn't have it in himself to disagree. But he was in a sour mood and the urge to smash something was too tempting to care about what others said.
Maybe he shouldn't have trusted everything people around his said, their promises were just words after all and he had no right to know whether what they said was true or not. Call him petty, childish, naive, he doesn't care.

Deep down, he was raging silently, plotting and thinking of many ways of torture. He was creative, his mind was full of such ideas. And he wasn't scared to voice them out loud.

Standing in his soon to be left hospital room, Tommy felt like laying on the ground and not getting up any time soon. He really didn't feel like walking anywhere or talking to anyone besides his crows. And yet, it seemed that this option was also stollen from him. He got the call, he heard what happened. And Tommy was anything but stupid. The second the chief of the police called him, he should have expected to hear bad news. What was he thinking, picking up the call? That they would share some good news with him? That they would explain that there's nothing wrong and that he is safe?
Naive, he really was still naive. It was like a bucket full of ice was dumped on his head and then something was smashed against his chest.
Remembering the call was fairly easy, the silence burnt in his brain and the pain after he hung up was something he felt only two times in his life. It wasn't a welcomed feeling.

"What's wrong?" Tommy asked, feeling his heart pound against his chest.

Tsuragamae didn't answer right away and perhaps that was a sign, a warning that whatever he was going to say next wouldn't be something he wanted to hear. Still, he pressed on.

"Were you aware that Detective Tsukauchi was send to search Aizawa's home and your room?" He asked instead, pushing Tommy's body further into panic.

His head was full of thought that began to freak him out a little.

"Yes, I was. Was he successful in finding something important?" Tommy asked, pushing the man to speak.

"Tommy-.." he went silent again, before a heavy sigh reached him from the other end of the call. "Tsukauchi was gravely injured."

Silence. Tommy stared at the floor in complete silence, one that he oh so loathed.

"What do you mean, injured? Wha-"

"Tsukauchi was attacked during his search in one of the rooms. Not only that, the entire house appeared to be searched by someone. From what Aizawa listed, none of the belongings disappeared. If the assaulter was looking for something specific, they did not found it." Tsuragamae explained quickly but carefully, not wanting to distress Tommy any more than he already did.

But belongings we're not something that Tommy thought about, nor worried. His mind was on something completely different. Or rather, someone.

"Chief, is Boo alright?" He asked in a quiet voice, afraid that he was going to be disappointed.

"If you are referring to the cat, then yes. Boo was a little distressed but overall appeared to contain no injuries-"