Shopping trip

"We need to buy you clothes" Aizawa said in the exact same moment when Tommy closed the doors from the spare bedroom.

He glanced at the older man, wings puffing up nervously.

"Do we have to? I mean you already did too much for me and now you want to buy my clothes" Tommy said skeptically while walking towards the table that was in the middle of the room.

Aizawa placed a small plate right in front of him that had two toasts with butter and a cup of tea. Another plate along with a cup of coffee was placed on the opposite side of the table, waiting for Aizawa.

"We don't know how much time you will stay here and besides, you heard Nezu. Joining school will mean meeting new people and you can't show up looking like a homeless boy" Aizawa said taking a sip of his dark coffee.

Hearing that Tommy shifted uncomfortably, his eyes avoiding Aizawa and looking everywhere but not at the man in front of him. Sure, he might look like a homeless person with the scars and bruises covering his body but what was he supposed to do? There was no shop back in L'manburg and if you wanted new clothes, you had to make them yourself. Maybe if he tried he would remember how to sew, cause back when he was younger Niki too her time to teach him. However after not doing it for a couple years, he barely remembered how to even hold a needle. And even if he did, his fingers were already sore and tired of holding a sword, often cutting them by accident so sewing would be rather hard to do.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way, don't get upset." Aizawa said, his blacked eyes staring right at Tommy. "But still, you have to take care of yourself and start looking like a normal 16 years old"

"Yeah cause all the scars I have will help" Tommy rolled his eyes, sarcasm dripping off his tongue. "People will definitely notice some of them and then what? Should I tell them that I was chased by a psychopath who decided it will be nice to play with a knife?"

Aizawa sighed, the cup long cold in his hands as he thought what to say.

"I know it's hard and that you went through many things that no one should ever dream about, but you have to satu strong. As a hero, it's my job to protect and help people like you"

Tommy chuckled, looking up at the man slowly.

"You know you're probably the first person that actually cares? Like genuinely cares how I feel" He said, bitting into the sweet food.

Aizawa observed him for a moment, before eating his own breakfast.

"Everyone should care.." he mumbled to himself.

・.。.:* *.:。.・

The mall was fucking huge. There were shops everywhere. There was so much things and places he never saw that made his head feel all dizzy and funny. How come he never heard about something like that? It was awesome, you could but anything you want in one place and not travel hundreds of miles just to get a single apple. He thought that Niki's bakery in L'manburg was nice and fancy, but this was just magical.
Aizawa had to drag him towards the shop with clothes cause otherwise Tommy wouldn't have moved even a step. There was so much to see! And the delicious flavours that reached his nose from every direction.
After struggling for a little bit, they were able to enter the first shop with clothes and with the help of the cashier, they successfully found some things. Aizawa wasn't used to buying clothes often, since he usually wore things he already had and rarely decided to get something new. The thing about Tommy was that he had no idea what size was perfect for him and his body. As for Aizawa, the kid looked unhealthy skinny. He looked like he was about to collapse any given moment his skin was pal. It wasn't easy to find something that wouldn't look to baggy on his figure or would be uncomfortable to walk in.

The best option were some jeans along with a shirts, two hoodies and shorts just in case it was hot outside. Tommy was lucky enough to find a hoodie that much to his surprise reminded him of Wilbur. Oddly enough, there was a small picture of a guitar in the middle. And while his brain told him not too, his heart said to take the hoodie. He probably would be able to wear it in public, since it brought a little too much memories for comfort. Probably would use it for lone nights when he would need comfort and just to break down in the darkness of his room. Yeah, totally.
After spending in the shop around two hours and trying on the outfits, Tommy said he was satisfied enough and they could end the shopping there at the moment. However before he could go towards the cashier, Aizawa forced him to try on two pairs of shoes which oddly enough fit him perfectly. That way he walked out of the shop with multiple bags in hands as well as a pair of glasses that rested a top of his head. He bought them only because they reminded him of Eret. And even if they betrayed him years ago and took one of his life, he still couldn't force himself to hate them. So he forgave them, giving them a second chance. And Eret took it, easily recovering and fixing his relationship with Tommy.

Aizawa watched quietly as the kid wandered along the stores, often stopping to look at something that caught his attention. With his wings tucked away and a hoodie that gave him another level of protection, he couldn't help but look excitedly at everything around him. There was something in his eyes that made Aizawa smile himself, even if it looked more like a mean smirk. The fact that the kid was actually feeling happy and excited made him feel at ease.

Maybe he knew him only for couple of days. Maybe he didn't fully know his past and whatever happened to him when he was in his old home. But his heart was already attached. Hard. Sure, he had his class and he treated them like kids (not that he would admit it) but even then he didn't mind looking after another one. And from what he could tell, Tommy was really missing a good childhood along with good parents.
So even if it seemed strange, Aizawa was ready to accept Tommy as a part of his class at that very moment. But he wasn't going to admit he was already growing a soft stop. Never.

No one needed to hear that from him. They could already see it.