Eddie Munson X Cunningham!Reader - Two Princes

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Two Princes by Spin Doctors. Reader is Chrissy's older sister for this one. I hope you all enjoy it.

You let out an almighty sigh as you dropped down onto Eddie's bed, feeling him watching you from the doorway. It's not like he'd never seen you upset before. I mean, 2 years into dating, he'd seen his fair share of your hormone and emotion fuelled outbursts. But something seemed different. You didn't just seem a little sad, this was something more. Something deeper. And God, just the idea of you being in this silent inner turmoil was killing him. 

"Baby," Eddie hummed softly, making your head raise from the mattress just enough to focus on him, a soft frown on your features, your eyebrows furrowed slightly. "What's going on?"

Your head immediately dropped back down, another disgruntled sigh slipping out of you. "My dad is being a total asshole-"

Eddie moved towards you slowly, crawling up the bed until he was laying beside you, his hand lifting to brush lightly over your hip, soothing you slightly. "You gonna tell me about it?" he asked softly, watching as your expression softened slightly. 

God, he was so good to you, and that was what made this so painful. If Eddie had just been a fling it would be different. If he were a shitty boyfriend, maybe your dad could talk you into ditching him. But Eddie wasn't some deadbeat boyfriend. He was gentle and kind and so sweet that it was hard to imagine ever being able to let him go. 

"You know he's friends with the Harringtons, right?" you murmured, capturing his hand and linking your fingers through his as he nodded his understanding. "Well, I knew something was up because he kept bringing them up at dinner the last couple of weeks. And he'd always mention Steve. He kept talking about basketball and school and-" you paused letting out a soft sigh. "He said that the next time the Harringtons come for dinner, Steve's coming too. He wants me to be there."

Eddie's brow furrowed slightly. "Okay," he hummed, looking so confused that in any other situation, you would have teased him for it. 

"Ed," you uttered softly, squeezing his fingers lightly. "He wants to set me and Steve up on a date," you breathed out, watching as he tensed as the words registered. 

"Oh-"

"I'm not going. I told him no already, I just-" you let out a gentle sigh. "I wish he would just listen to me for once, you know?" 

Eddie stayed quiet for a moment, nodding to himself. "It makes sense," he finally murmured, his tongue darting out to wet his bottom lip. "Steve's a catch. His dad is rolling in it-"

"Sure, and Steve's going to find a very lucky girl someday, but that girl isn't going to be me," you interjected. "I don't want him. I want you."

A small smile spread across Eddie's features at your comment, his eyes all soft as he watched your determined expression with so much love that it made your stomach tighten. Two years in, it still shocked you how much he adored you. It still gave you butterflies to know that he loved you as much as you loved him. 

"I love you," you reminded him, drawing your linked fingers up to your lips and pressing a kiss to his knuckles. "And I don't care whether my dad tries to set me up with the richest man in the world. If it isn't you, I don't want it."

"God," Eddie breathed out, leaning up on his elbow until he was hovering over you, his hair falling down to shade your face from the yellow light in his bedroom. "You are so cheesy," he teased, nudging his nose against yours lightly as a soft snort of laughter slipped out of you. "So romantic," he pressed on, leaning in just enough to brush his lips against yours until you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him down into a proper kiss.

When you finally allowed him to lift away from you again, you were smiling as though you had won the lottery, your eyes fixed on his. 

"I love you too, Baby," he hummed, brushing his fingertips over your cheek as he returned your smile. 

"I told him that he could stuff the date," you murmured, watching as Eddie's smile faltered slightly. In the 2 years that he'd known you, you'd always tried to avoid confrontation with your parents. You skirted around the rules they set without actually breaking them. He was pretty certain that you didn't know the word no when it came to them. But here you were, telling him that you'd told your dad to forget about the plans he had for you. Setting down boundaries, not just for your benefit, but for Eddie's too. "Told him that he had to learn to respect my relationship with you because It's not going away any time soon," you pressed on, reaching up to push his hair out of his face, tucking it behind his ears as your lips twitched slightly.

Eddie nodded, his smile growing slightly. "I'm really proud of you," he hummed, watching your own smile almost double at the comment. "How'd he take it?"

"He didn't say much, but I think he got the point," you uttered. "My mom told me to invite you over for dinner next week, but I think he needs a little more time before that," you added softly, drawing a snort of laughter out of him. 

"Don't think I'm ready for your dad to glare over his dinner at me just yet," Eddie agreed softly as you practically giggled beneath him. "But we could go out with your mom, right? We could take her to get a coffee or something."

You nodded slightly. "She'd like that," you murmured. "And then, she can tell Dad how great you are and do all the hard work of winning him over for us."

He was still smiling down at you when you finished the thought out loud, leaning in to press a chaste kiss to your lips. "I love you," he reminded you again, watching your face soften out of its concentrated state. 

"I love you too, Ed."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x