Eddie Munson X Reader - Fairytale of New York

A/N - Hello one and all, and welcome to the Christmas special, which this year has been inspired by the song Fairytale of New York by the Pogues. I kind of just love the combination of Metalhead!Eddie and Musical Theatre!Reader as this mismatched but totally loved-up couple. I hope you all have a peaceful and joyful holiday season. 

Christmas Eve had always been one of your favourite days of the year. Ever since you and Eddie had started dating as 15-year-old idiots, you had always spent it celebrating together. Swapping presents, watching Christmas movies and just revelling in the festive spirit. 

But this year was going to be a little different. For the first time in your 6 years together, you wouldn't be in Hawkins for Christmas at all, and you would be spending Christmas Eve serving drinks to a bunch of drunken messes in the bar you worked at.

Eddie had been super understanding when you had explained. You wouldn't be able to finish up your shift, get back to your apartment to get your stuff together and get all the way across town to JFK in time to get a late flight back to Indiana. And you'd had to leave your car back in Hawkins when you'd moved out here to start your auditions, so driving through the night wasn't exactly an option. 

And sure, it sucked to think that you wouldn't be able to go home and see Eddie until after the New Year, especially when you hadn't been able to see him in person since you were back in Hawkins for Thanksgiving. But sometimes, that was just the way the cookie crumbled, and this year, it hadn't crumbled in your favour. 

You had a smile plastered on your face as you continued serving your patrons. I mean, if you were going to have a shitty Christmas this year, the least you could do was earn a few good tips. People seemed to be pretty generous so far, too. Hell, you could probably cover your next flight home with just the money you were making tonight. 

"Excuse me, Ma'am," a familiar voice hummed as you were just handing over a couple of drinks to a pair of young women at the end of the bar, and your head had shot up, eyes widening when they landed on Eddie. 

"Oh my God," you yelped, letting out a loud snort of laughter. "What are you doing here?"

Eddie chuckled, leaning across the bar to accept a quick kiss from you. "Merry Christmas, Baby," he breathed against your lip, watching as you bit down on your bottom lip, grinning from ear to ear. "Do you get a break tonight?"

You hesitated for a moment, glancing at the customers lining the bar. "We're pretty packed. Don't know if I can just leave Kirsty on her own-"

"What time do you get off?"

"Midnight," you answered quickly. 

He glanced down at his watch, nodding slightly. "Then I'll take a beer, Sweetheart."

You quickly filled the order, leaning forward to give him another kiss. "Love you," you hummed, chuckling when he caught your hand to keep you from pulling away, pressing another kiss to your lips. 

"Love you too, Baby," he murmured into your lips, smiling when he finally released you back to work. 

You'd hurried through as much of your shift as you could, lingering near Eddie at the far end of the bar whenever you got the chance. And when it finally came time to close up, he was happy to start stacking chairs to get you home a little quicker. 

By the time you were walking back to your apartment, his arm wrapped around your shoulders, his fingers linked through yours, it was gone 1 AM, but neither of you could have cared. 

"I can't believe you planned all this without telling me," you murmured, leaning a little further into his side. "You're normally awful at keeping secrets," you teased, hearing him snort. 

"I'm not awful-"

"You've literally never been able to get me a present without telling me what it is before I can actually open it," you interrupted. "You're not a good secret keeper, Baby."

He grumbled slightly, and honestly, as much as he wanted to disagree, he knew you were right. He'd never been able to keep anything from you, not that he ever really wanted to. 

"I just can't believe you're actually here," you pressed on, grinning when he glanced down at you. 

"Well, believe it, Baby," he hummed. 

The two of you walked in comfortable silence for a moment, just happy to be so close to one another. 

"How'd the audition go yesterday?" he finally murmured, listening to the soft sigh slip out of you. 

"I don't think I'll get a callback," you confessed quietly. "Some of the other girls were really good. Like, privately trained good."

He nodded slightly. "You never know," he told you. "You're really good too," he added softly. 

You shrugged slightly. "I don't know," you murmured. "I've been to like 15 auditions in the last 12 weeks and I've only had 2 callbacks, and neither of them came to anything-"

"You know, I've got a good feeling about next year," he interrupted. "Think these Broadway bigwigs are all going to be falling over themselves to get you on their stages by next Christmas." 

You let out a soft chuckle at his comment. "It's a lovely thought-"

"I mean in, Baby. Next year is going to be our year," he pressed on. "Especially when I move up for good," he added softly, huffing when you pulled him to a sudden stop. 

"What?" 

His lips twitched into a small smile at your confused expression. "Yeah," he told you softly. 

"But, I thought-"

"I got a job," he told you, pulling you back towards him. "At this production company. Mutt Lange is going to be my boss, Baby."

You practically squealed as you launched yourself at him, wrapping your arms around his neck. "Why didn't you tell me?" you yelped, pulling back and cupping his face in your hands. "This is a huge deal, Ed. This is massive."

"Wanted to see the look on your face when you found out," he murmured, pressing past your hands to kiss you again. "Merry Christmas, Baby," he breathed, chuckling when you deepened the kiss further. 

"This is the best present you've ever given me," you told him, pulling back just enough to rest your forehead against him. "Best present I'll ever have."

"Yeah?"

You nodded, chuckling slightly. "You're moving to New York," you uttered, shaking your head in disbelief. "You're coming to live with me."

"I start the last week of January, so I'll have time to go back to Hawkins to get my stuff and move it up-"

"You're going to be here," you pressed on, still grinning wildly at him. 

"Well, I had to, didn't I?" he hummed. "Couldn't leave the Queen of New York City up here all alone, could I?"

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x