Billy Hargrove X Reader - Lil Boo Thang

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Lil Boo Thang by Paul Russell. It was just sort of a cute idea that I felt the need to put into words, even though it's a little short. I hope you all enjoy it. 

"You have got to be the prettiest girl I have ever seen," a voice hummed, soft and lyrical as he leaned up on the bar beside you, grinning to himself when you tipped your head to the side to look at him. "Damn," he added softly, shaking his head slightly as he bit down on his bottom lip. "Even better up close," he confirmed, his tongue darting out to wet his lip as he watched you carefully, waiting patiently for you to respond. 

"Yeah?" you answered, turning your attention back to the straw poking out of the top of your glass, using it to move the liquid around. "My husband tells me that all the time," you pressed on, listening to the soft chuckle he released at your comment. 

"Lucky guy," he told you, patting the bar lightly to get the attention of the bartender, who was quick to come over to take his order. "I'll take a bottle of bud and another of whatever this pretty lady was drinking," he started, glancing down at your glass and then back to you. "Rum and Coke?"

"Please," you confirmed quietly, fighting the smile still playing on your lips. 

The two of you were quiet as he paid, accepting the drinks from the bartender, his arm slowly moving to sit around your waist. "So, this husband of yours," he started again, his hand shifting to rest on your hip. "Bet he's a real pretty boy, huh?"

"Yeah, he likes to think so," you chuckled softly. "To be honest, I think he's a bit of a knucklehead, but he takes good care of me," you pressed on, turning to gaze up at him, a playful smirk pulling on your lips when he pulled you a little closer with the hand on your hip. 

"Well, a pretty girl like you, he's got to keep you happy to stop you from straying away from home, right?"

"Billy," you chastised lightly, your smile dropping from your features. "You make it sound like I don't love you when you say it like that."

He let out a soft chuckle, drawing you closer to press a kiss to your temple. "Sorry, Princess; got a little carried away with the story," he hummed. "I know you wouldn't ever go with another guy, Baby," he pressed on, letting you tuck yourself into his side properly, into your regular position, as close as you could get without it being deemed inappropriate in public.

"Wouldn't even think about it," you murmured, your fingers tightening their hold on his shirt, clinging to him in your attempt to comfort yourself. "I don't want to pretend I don't know you anymore," you pressed on. "Just want to go back to being your wife."

"Okay, Princess," he hummed softly, pressing another kiss to the top of your head. "We won't pretend anymore," he added. "In fact, I'll make it super clear that you're my girl, alright? You want me to get up on the bar and tell everyone?"

When he glanced back down at you, you had your brow raised, as if you were challenging him to test you. Billy knew better than anyone that you loved how vocal he could get about his adoration for you. Hell, he'd been showing you off since the two of you had been in high school and you always got all giddy whenever he made a point of telling everyone that you were his girl. 

"I'll do it," he pressed on. "I'll get right on up there and tell them that my wife is the most stunning woman in Hawkins; Hell, the most beautiful woman in the whole of Indiana-"

"I think you'd get kicked out," you interjected. "No matter how sweet you are in your little speech," you pressed on, wrinkling up your nose when he leaned down to kiss you. 

"Got to make it clear some other way then, huh?" he murmured against your lips. "Show 'em all that I'm so fucking in love with you that it turns me into the leading man from one of those cheesy Rom Com movies you like watching so much." He was grinning when he pulled back. "Makes me want to yell Nobody puts Baby in a corner and then make you get up and dance with me in front of everyone."

You snorted with laughter at his comment. "Knucklehead," you chuckled, leaning forward to press your forehead into his chest. 

"Yeah, but you like it, don't you Princess?"

You released a soft hum in agreement. "I love it."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x