Eddie Munson X Reader - We Close Our Eyes (Part 2)

A/N -  This is a follow-on chapter from another in this book. It was semi-inspired by the song Nonsense by Sabrina Carpenter. I hope you all enjoy it. 

By the time your date with Eddie had rolled around, you were so nervous that you could almost feel your stomach turning over. After all, it had seemed like a good idea at the time, but now you were wondering if either of you would be able to keep your end of the deal. There was a good chance that tonight could ruin your friendship for life, and then, you were not only completely single but friendless too.

When he'd knocked on your apartment door, far more prompt than you had been expecting from him, you had been about ready to turn him away. But then, you'd pulled the door open and found him on the other side, in a crisp white button-up shirt with his hair pulled back into a relatively neat ponytail, and your curiosity had been peaked.

His eyes lit up as they landed on you, roaming over the dress you were wearing with a small smile pulling at the corner of his lips. "You look amazing," he breathed, his eyes finally finding their way back to yours. 

"Thanks," you murmured, swallowing down the nerves to send him a smile of your own. "This is nice," you pressed on, reaching out to brush a little bit of lint from the front of his shirt. "I didn't know you owned stuff like this," you added, drawing a snort of laughter from him. 

"I didn't until yesterday. Thought I should pick up something nice for the occasion." He hesitated for a moment, swallowing around the lump in his throat. "I wanted to do this right, you know? Treat you right."

Your head tipped to the side, a playful smile pulling at your lips as the anxiety faded from the pit of your stomach. "And you thought you needed a shirt to be able to do that?" you teased, watching as he shook his head, grinning down at you. "You couldn't treat me right in a ratty, old Hellfire tee and your denim jacket?" 

"I can go change, Pretty Girl," he hummed, doubling down on the playful tone you were using. "Didn't realise you were so attached to my normal look-"

"But then we'd miss our reservation, wouldn't we?" 

He nodded slightly. "I think we would."

"And where is the reservation for, again?"

He chuckled slightly, his tongue poking out from between his teeth. "Enzo's."

You hummed softly as if you were considering your options. "You know, we could just get changed out of these uncomfortable clothes and into something cosy and head over to the Diner on 3rd?" you offered up. "Unless you've set your heart on Enzo's that is-"

"We can do whatever you want, Pretty Girl," he told you, grinning when he realised just how close you were standing to him now, craning his neck to look down at you. "You want the diner, huh?"

You bit down on your bottom lip, nodding slightly. 

"Well then, Diner it is," he hummed.

"I'll be 5 minutes," you told him, letting him follow you into your apartment before hurrying off to change out of your uncomfortable dress and into your jeans and a t-shirt that you'd borrowed from Eddie for a concert a few months back and never returned. 

When you'd come back out, looking far more yourself, Eddie had smiled softly at you from the couch. "That looks real good on you, you know that?"

You nodded slightly. "Why'd you think I kept it?"

"Is it a little sad that I was hoping you kept it made you think of me?" he asked softly, drawing a snort of laughter out of you as you moved to kneel on the couch beside him, grinning down at him as his hand lifted to take yours. "So much prettier on you, though," he hummed, and before you could really think about what you were doing, you were leaning down to kiss him, your fingers capturing his face, as he surged up into you, deepening the kiss. 

When you finally released each other, you were stretched across him, struggling to stay upright as Eddie continued to watch you with so much adoration that it was a little shocking that you had never noticed it before. 

"You good, Princess?" he hummed, steadying your arms and helping you to brace yourself against his shoulders. "Pretty Girl?"

"I'm sorry it took me so long," you murmured, the small smile still playing on your lips. "I wasted a lot of time on a lot of idiots when I had the perfect idiot right here waiting for me, didn't I?"

Eddie let out a soft sigh, letting his fingers trail up your arm lightly before he shrugged. "I don't think it was wasted," he confessed quietly. "Think we just needed the extra time to grow up a little. I mean, if we'd got together when we were 16, it might have gone differently, right? You went to college and I had to retake senior year; you think we could've made that work?"

"Ed," you hummed softly. "We weren't even dating and you drove 4 hours up to Chicago every other week because you claimed that you missed me whilst I was away," you pointed out. "We would've made it work," you pressed on, watching as he wrinkled his nose up at the comment. 

"I did miss you," he hummed, reaching up to draw you into another gentle kiss. "I always miss you when you aren't around, Pretty Girl," he breathed against your lips. "You're my favourite person," he added softly.

You nodded as you sat back a little bit, smiling down at him. "You're my favourite person too, Ed."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x