Billy Hargrove X Reader - Honey, I'm Home

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Honey, I'm Home by Shania Twain. This is set a little after the end of Stranger Things, and both Reader and Billy are in their early 20s. I hope you all enjoy it. 

Billy had been able to practically feel the frustration radiating off of you when you'd walked through the door, almost an hour late, that evening. Your shoes were already off, hanging loosely from your hands, your purse was flung awkwardly over your shoulder, and your face was so sad that Billy's own smile immediately dropped from his face. 

Normally, you getting home from work was the best part of the day. It was that first reunion after a long day apart. But today, it seemed that the day had been a little too long for you.

"Hey Princess," he hummed softly, sitting forward on the couch and reaching out his hands in your direction, watching as your frown only seemed to deepen as you moved straight past him and crumbled onto the couch beside him. He let out a soft sigh, dragging your legs up onto his lap and rubbing at your calves in an attempt to ease the ache that had probably already started setting in. "Long day?"

You practically deflated with the sheer amount of air that left you when you sighed, lifting your head to pout at him. "I swear, the job isn't worth the pay any more," you grumbled before letting your head fall back against the arm of the couch. "I should be getting paid double what I'm on for the shit they've got me doing," you pressed on as Billy's hands drifted lower, working over your ankles this time. 

"Sweetheart, you're worth a thousand times what they're paying you," he agreed, offering you a small smile when your head popped up to look at him again, a small snort of laughter slipping out of you. 

"You want to tell my boss that?"

Billy hummed quietly. "Want to tell your boss a lot of things, but you told me I'm not allowed to go starting trouble where you work," he confessed, drawing another chuckle out of you as his hands finally drifted down to your feet, working away at the ache in your arches. 

You were finally starting to relax, the tense line of your shoulders softening until you were practically sinking into the couch. You let your head fall sideways to look at the TV, a small smile pulling at your lips when Billy stopped working for just a second to change the channel away from whatever football game he'd been watching to some sitcom he knew you'd prefer. 

He patted your leg lightly before shuffling out from under them, leaning up to press a kiss to your lips before pulling back just enough to smile down at you. "You want a beer whilst I make dinner, Princess?"

A soft contented sigh slipped out of you at the question. When you'd first met Billy, you never would've imagined him as some domestic God in your shared home, but when he'd first confessed his love for you, it was like something had shifted. He did the laundry and the washing. He did the majority of the cooking. He loved taking care of you more than anything, and you weren't exactly falling over yourself to complain about it either. 

You nodded slightly. "I'm so lucky," you added when he gave you another kiss before straightening up and moving over to the fridge, coming back with an ice-cold beer and a glass extended in your direction. You caught his arm after taking his offering, pouting again. "Can we order takeout instead?" you hummed. 

"You don't want my cooking?" he teased softly, not making any effort to untangle himself from your grasp.

"I'd rather have you here," you hummed out, pulling him in a little closer. "We could watch a movie whilst we wait for the food," you pressed on, watching as his smile spread across his features. 

"You know, you can just tell me that you're feeling needy," he uttered, pressing his knees into the side of the couch as he grinned down at you. "You can just say you want me to cuddle with you, Princess."

You bit down on your bottom lip, staring up at him for a moment. "So, do you want to come cuddle?"

Billy chuckled. "Let me order the food and I'll come and cuddle you so good, Sweetheart," he told you, watching as your face split into a proper smile, that brightness he had always loved radiating off of you. "Chinese or Pizza?"

"You pick-"

"Nuh-uh. Tonight's dinner is your choice. What do you want?"

You tilted your head to the side as you considered your answer. "Chinese," you finally hummed, reluctantly releasing his hand as he moved over to the phone. "Don't forget the extra-"

"-the extra sweet and sour sauce. I know, Baby. Like I'd ever forget," he chuckled as he tucked the phone under his chin, his eyes roaming over to you as he made the order. Once he was finished, he came striding back over, crawling over you to lay on the couch behind you, his arm draped over your waist. "So, is this making your bad day any better?" he asked softly, pressing his lips to your shoulder when you let out a soft sigh. 

"So much better," you agreed quietly, tilting your head back against him. "I missed you today," you added softly, your tongue darting out to wet your bottom lip. "Was going to call you on break, but didn't want to interrupt your work-"

He nudged your shoulder with his nose, silencing you. "You can always call me, Princess. You're never interrupting me," he murmured, his hand searching for yours to give it a squeeze. "Makes my day better when I get to hear that pretty voice of yours," he added softly. 

You smiled softly, twisting your neck to look back over your shoulder at him. "That's cute," you hummed. 

"You're cute," he responded quickly, watching a soft snort of laughter slip out of you. "And I love you. Of course, I like it when you call me." 

"I'll be sure to call next time."

He let out a low hum, something between a content sigh and a growl that rose out of his chest. "Good," he uttered, his hold on you tightening slightly. "Can't have my princess getting herself all stressed out without me."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x