Billy Hargrove X Reader - Brown Eyed Girl

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison. Please know, this chapter is not about the brown eyes in particular but the other lyrics of the song, so all-eyed people are included here! I hope you all enjoy it. 

"Baby," Billy grumbled, following close on your heel as you pressed through the wood, grinning as you went. "Sweetheart," he pressed on, reaching out to catch your arm and slow you to a stop. You'd let out a soft chuckle when you'd turned around to look at him. He was soaked through, his hair all flat and his white t-shirt almost completely see-through from the rain. "It's not letting up," he pointed out. 

"It's just a little rain-"

"It's a lot of rain," he corrected. "Come on, let's just go home and we can get dry and do something fun."

You hesitated for a moment, biting down on your bottom lip. Billy wasn't exactly an outdoorsy kind of guy. I mean, he loved being outside in the summer, when the sun was beaming down and he could wander around the pool with his shirt off. But summer had ended a good few weeks back now, and the rain wasn't exactly warm. 

A soft sigh slipped out of you. "We're almost there," you told him. "It'll be another 10 minutes or so and then we can head back."

Billy hesitated for a moment, brow furrowing as he watched you. God, he wasn't exactly sure how you'd managed to talk him into coming out here in the first place. You'd made some comment about a surprise that you wanted to show him and then, suddenly, you'd both been out in the rain, hiking through crowded woodlands in search of something

"10 minutes," he confirmed quietly, letting his hand shift away from your wrist, resting on the small of your back as he waited for you to start walking. And then, there it was again, that beaming smile that would've convinced him to do anything for you. "You gonna tell me where we're actually heading?"

You shook your head as you skipped the next few steps, a soft chuckle falling from your lips. "It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, would it?"

"I'm not that fond of surprises anyway-"

"You're going to love it," you interjected, linking your fingers through his as you pulled him along behind you, swinging your arms between you. 

It was so sweet, the way you could find joy in such little things. Of course, Billy had always known that you'd loved going on adventures like these. You loved driving aimlessly around Hawkins in the Camaro. You'd loved the road trip you'd taken over the summer to the coast, desperate to set eyes on the ocean for yourself. And, more than anything, you loved exploring like this. 

"I promise," you pressed on, squeezing his fingers tightly between yours. 

Yeah, this was definitely your favourite thing to do, especially when you got to drag Billy along with you. He would grumble and complain, but deep down, he loved any excuse to spend time with you. And out here, it was just you and him, and maybe a couple of random birds floating around in the canopy above you. It was private. It was peaceful. It was everything that being at home wasn't. 

When you'd finally reached your destination, you'd turned to Billy with a grin, seeing his eyes widen. He'd not realised how much of your hike had been uphill. Hadn't realised how much further above the town you'd ended up. But right now, he was looking down on Hawkins like it was a model town at one of those family holiday attractions. He could make out the school from here, looking far less intimidating from this distance. 

"Shit," he breathed out, his smile faltering when you pulled your hand out of his, scrambling awkwardly up onto a ledge and slumping down onto the wet stone, your legs crossed under you. 

"Isn't it great?" you called out, patting the spot beside you for him to climb up. 

He followed a little less eagerly, sitting spread out, his eyes wandering over the sight in front of him. "How'd you find out about this place?"

You shrugged, leaning into his side. The rain had slowed somewhat now, the misty haze lifting slightly. "Managed to talk Nance into walking with me over the summer and we stumbled across this place. Wanted to see what it would look like now that the leaves were changing colour," you told him. 

Billy let out a soft sigh, letting his arm lift to wrap around your shoulders. "Well, I liked the surprise."

You twisted, grinning up at him. "I knew it."

When he turned to look down at you, you looked so excited that it made his heart flutter. Shit, he'd never really thought that he'd fall in love with anyone, especially not when he'd moved to the middle of nowhere, Indiana. But then, he'd met you, and something had just clicked. He didn't want to be an asshole. He didn't want to treat you like every other girl he'd met. He wanted to see that smile over and over again until the day he died. It hadn't taken him long to realise that he had fallen in love. 

"You can see your house from here," you added, turning your attention back to the town. "Right there," you added, pointing towards the spot you'd automatically looked for the second you'd found this place for the first time. 

"Oh yeah," he hummed.

"And mine," you pressed on, turning your arm to the left slightly, towards your neighbourhood. 

Billy nodded, leaning in to press a kiss to the side of your head. "Thank you for bringing me here, Baby," he uttered softly, smiling when you reached for his free hand, tangling your fingers with his. "It's nice."

"I like showing you my favourite places," you hummed, grinning when he pressed another kiss to your temple. 

"You wanna know where my favourite place is?"

Your interest had clearly been peaked by the question, your head twisting to look up at him as you nodded eagerly. 

"I love anywhere where I get to be with you, Pretty Girl," he told you, untangling his fingers from yours to touch your chin gently, drawing you into a quick kiss. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x