Eddie Munson X Reader - 7 Years

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song 7 Years by Lukas Graham. I hope you all enjoy it. 

Seven

"Eddie," you squealed, running at full speed towards the trailer as you called out for your best friend's attention. You'd gone bounding through the front door without hesitation, already so used to letting yourself into Wayne's home that it was natural. You and Eddie had been friends from day one. When your mom had needed to take on a second job to make ends meet, Wayne had offered to have you over at his place, you would be a much-needed playmate for his nephew who'd just moved in with him. After all, you were the same age. You were both loud and rambunctious. And both your mom and Wayne needed the childcare.

 After just one day of playing, you'd been inseparable. The best of friends. At that point, you'd been 3. And now, at 7, you were still just as loud as ever, bounding down the hallway to Eddie's bedroom. 

"Guess what," you cried out, throwing his bedroom door open, causing it to clatter into the wall as you pressed forward, diving onto the bed at full speed, causing a snort of laughter to slip out of Eddie. 

"What?"

You let out a loud sigh. "Guess," you pressed on. 

Eddie sat up, scrunching up his face as he searched for something to say. "You're growing a tail?"

"Ew," you cried out. "No," you added, eyes wide and horrified at the mere suggestion. 

Eddie shrugged. "It'd be cool. Like a half-girl half-monkey hybrid," he murmured. 

"I got the new Sabbath album-"

Suddenly, Eddie seemed a lot more interested in your news, straightening up a little more. "No fucking way," he uttered, mouth hanging open as he stared at you in disbelief. "Where'd you get it?"

"I begged my Mom. She said it counts as my birthday present this year," you told him.

"But your birthday isn't for another 2 months-"

"I don't care. I got the album," you interrupted. "It's at mine now. Didn't want to listen to it without you," you told him, grinning from ear to ear as he launched himself off of the bed, dragging you with him back to your trailer. 

Sixteen

"Oh my god," you murmured, the words all drawn out as they followed the smoke pouring from between your lips. "You have no idea how much I needed this today," you whined, falling back onto Eddie's bed as he took the joint from between your fingers, placing it back between his lips. 

"Long day?"

You hummed out your agreement, eyes dropping closed as you rolled over onto your front, burrowing further into Eddie's pillows. 

"Anything I should know about?" he asked softly, shuffling up the bed until he was lounging beside you, watching you peek out from your hiding spot. 

"Tommy was just giving me a hard time-"

"He's bothering you again?" Eddie uttered, brow furrowed with concern. "That asshole needs to-"

"He's just pissed off that I don't want to sleep with him," you muttered. "Give it a couple of weeks and he'll get bored and move on to the next poor soul." 

Eddie's jaw was still locked tight, a deep grumble slipping out of him. "He's still an asshole," he grunted, drawing a snort of laughter out of you. 

"No one is trying to deny that, Ed," you teased, turning onto your side to look at him. "He practically destroyed my songbook," you uttered, watching as Eddie's frown deepened.