Billy Hargrove X Reader - Say What You Want

A/N - This chapter was sort of inspired by the song Say What You Want by Texas. I hope you all enjoy it.

Billy had been a little quiet this morning, which was a totally new experience for both of you. Usually, he couldn't go more than a couple of minutes without chattering about something, anything to break the silence and draw you into conversation. But the moment he'd walked into your bedroom and seen the suitcase spread out on the floor, the desire to talk had faded from him. 

Eventually, he'd slumped down on your bed, staring up at the ceiling as you got on with your packing, risking the odd glance in his direction, waiting for him to finally break and say something. The longer he iced you out, the more anxious you were getting, until eventually, you'd thrown down the bundle of clothes you were holding, letting out a disgruntled sigh as he lifted his head to look in your direction.

"What the fuck is your problem?" you bit out, glaring at him as his brow furrowed slightly. 

"Huh?"

"You've been sitting there moping since you got here," you pressed on. "Billy, I'm going away for a month and you aren't even talking to me-" your words trailed off, your shoulders slumping slightly. "Are you mad at me?"

Billy's expression softened as he quickly sat up, looking heartbroken at the pained look painting your features. "Baby," he murmured softly. "I'm not mad," he pressed on, hurrying to his feet and across the room to pull you into a gentle embrace, his hand pressing your face into his collarbone. "I'm not mad," he repeated softly.

"Then what the fuck is going on?"

He let out a soft sigh. "I was just thinking, Sweetheart," he breathed out, twisting his head to press a kiss to the side of your head. 

You stayed quiet for a moment, swallowing down the lump in your throat. "Thinking about what?"

"About how much fun you're going to have at your Nanna's place," he murmured. "And how you're going to probably make a ton of new friends when you walk into that town." He paused for a moment. "And how all the guys are going to be head over heels in love the second they see you."

A soft snort of laughter slipped out of you at his comment and you shook your head. "I'm visiting my Nanna," you reminded him. "I'm hardly going to be running around making friends."

"You always make friends," he corrected. "People just love you," he added softly, leaning back to smile down at you. "I love you," he pressed on. "And I'm going to miss the shit out of you, Baby."

You took a deep, steadying breath. "It's only a month," you reminded him. "And Nanna has a phone; I'm gonna call every day."

He shrugged slightly. "Still gonna miss you," he told you, pressing a quick kiss to your forehead, making a smile grow on your lips. 

"But think how happy you'll be when I get back, huh?" you murmured. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

He wrinkled up his nose at the quote, shifting backwards until he was sitting on the edge of your bed, holding you in place in front of him, his head moving to rest against your stomach. 

"Don't think my heart can get any fonder of you," he grumbled. "It's pretty damn fond already," he added, drawing a snort of laughter out of you. 

"You're an idiot," you told him, grinning down at him as you pushed his hair back out of his face. "My beautiful idiot boyfriend," you teased, watching his smile grow at your comment. 

"You gonna tell all the guys in Huntington about your idiot boyfriend?" he hummed, watching your expression soften slightly. Sure, it was a joke, but deep down Billy could be pretty damn insecure, and as much as he trusted you, he was still a little anxious that maybe someday you'd realise you deserved better than he could give you. 

"You're kidding, right?" you murmured. "I'm never going to stop talking about you. They'll know everything about you by the time I come home."

He was grinning as he pressed a kiss to your hip, letting out a soft, contented sigh. "I love you, Baby," he told you. 

You quickly pulled out of his grip, moving to crouch in front of him, forcing him to look you in the eye. "I love you," you repeated back to him. "And It's only a month," you reminded him. "I'll be back before you know it, alright?"

He nodded, accepting the kiss you pressed to his lips before slumping back onto your bed, letting you go back to packing your suitcase for your trip. 

The silence ebbed for a moment, just for a couple of seconds as you gathered up your discarded clothes from where you'd left them. 

"So, what's your Nanna's house like?" he hummed, and when you glanced over at him, he was watching you with a small smile, looking more comfortable than he had all day. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x