Billy Hargrove X Reader - Boots

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra. It's also full of a hell of a lot of Shorsey quotes because I can just imagine Billy pulling those Himbo-esque moves. I hope you all enjoy it. 

"You know," you hummed quietly, your pencil still tapping lightly on the paper in front of you, your eyes not lifting from the math problem you'd been trying to work through for the last five minutes. "Lingering around here distracting me isn't going to make me go on a date with you, Billy," you pressed on, a small smile pulling at your lips when you heard him shuffle on the spot, clearly a little flustered by your immediate rejection.  

"So, I'm distracting you just by standing here, Sweetheart? I'm flattered-"

"Your jacket's too loud," you agreed quietly. "I can hear every move you make and you never stand still," you uttered, finally looking up from your work to set your focus on him, raising an eyebrow as you waited for him to make some smart comment like he always did. 

Billy's tongue darted out to wet his bottom lip, biding his time. "I can take it off for you, Babe. All you have to do is ask."

"I'm busy-"

"Don't let me keep you, Sweetheart. You looked like you were really enjoying your homework," he teased, pulling out the seat opposite you and slumping into it. "There's no place I'd rather be than right here with you right now."

You let out a disgruntled sigh, attempting to ignore him as you set your eyes back on the paper, trying to make sense of the numbers and letters in front of you. Soon enough, Billy was completely out of your mind as you chewed on the end of your pencil, almost reaching a breakthrough on your work before you heard him snort with laughter on the other side of the table. 

"What?" you bit out, glare focused on him. 

Another chuckle slipped out of him as he nodded to the pencil still perched precariously between your lips. "I've never wanted to be a piece of stationary before, but you're on the road to convincing me." You rolled your eyes, dropping the pencil to the desk in frustration. "Come on, Sweetheart. It's just one date, right? What could be so bad about that?"

"I'm not going out with you, Billy," you muttered. 

"Why not?"

Your brow furrowed slightly. "Because I'm not that sort of girl," you answered quietly. 

"You don't date?" he murmured. "But you went out with Harrington for like 3 months-"

"I date; It's you that doesn't," you uttered, shrugging slightly. "You'd get bored of me the second I didn't put out on the first date."

Billy looked genuinely offended at your comment, nose all wrinkled up in frustration. "That's not true-"

"Look at your track record and tell me why I could have some trouble believing that," you interrupted, offering up a small smile. "You're a total slut, Billy. And there really is nothing wrong with that, it's just not my thing."

He hesitated for a moment. "I'm not a total slut," he murmured, frowning to himself, his nails picking at the surface of the table sitting between you. "I could be pretty good at commitment if I had the chance," he pressed on. 

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," he agreed, glancing up at you to find a small smile pulling at the corners of your lips. 

You sat forward slightly. "I bet you don't know the first thing about being someone's boyfriend," you told him. "I bet you wouldn't know how to treat a girl if you were handed one on a platter."

"I'd spoil the shit outta you, Baby," he hummed, sitting up a little straighter to match your pose, leaning in so that he was slowly encroaching on your personal space. "Take you out for a real good meal. Treat you like a damn princess."

"You think so?"

He nodded, a playful smile pulling at the corner of his lips. "I know I may come off as a real devil-may-care kinda guy, but we both know that you'd run my show."

"Yeah? How so?" you hummed, unable to fight back the small smile creeping onto your features at the way he was flirting with you. 

"I'd take a header off the tallest bridge in Hawkins just to brush arms with you," he started, watching you snort with laughter. "I'd hike all the way out to Skull Rock just to hold your purse." 

A soft chuckle slipped out of you. "Yeah?"

"I'd streak through the cafeteria during the busiest part of lunch period just to have you flick some debris off my shirt. I swear to God, I'd be so good to you," he pressed on, full-on grinning when he saw your tongue dart out to wet your bottom lip. "Hey, have you ever just been sitting across from someone just trying to have a normal conversation, fighting every urge inside yourself to just scream out Yeah?"

A snort of laughter broke free as you shook your head, sitting back a little bit. "Shut the fuck up, Billy," you chuckled.

"I've never let myself be so vulnerable with someone before. It feels amazing."

"You are a lot, Dude," you teased, watching as his grin only grew. 

"God would I be good to you," he reminded you quietly.

You hesitated for a moment, your smile faltering for just a second. "Yeah?" you questioned quietly, head tipping to the side. 

"I'd be good to you like crazy."

"How good?"

"Like you wake up in the morning; I'm right there being good to you."

Another bubble of laughter slipped out of you. "That's actually unsettling."

"How do you feel about a couple of steaks and-"

"Billy," you interrupted. "I don't know," you pressed on, your voice softer than it had been. 

His smile faded, his expression softening. "I'll be whatever you need me to be," he promised. "Just give me a chance to prove that I can do it."

You swallowed down the lump in your throat, your tongue darting out to wet your bottom lip. And then you were nodding. "Good luck," you hummed. "I'm not easy to impress."

Billy was grinning again in an instant, sending you a quick wink. "It's going to be me, you, and a table full of whatever food your heart desires, Babe. I'll make it worth your while, I promise."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x