Billy Hargrove X Reader - Lay All Your Love

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Lay All Your Love On Me by Abba. I hope you all enjoy it.

"You know," Robin had started, leaning in just close enough that her voice entering your consciousness had made you jump out of your skin, sending her a sharp glare in the process. "If you keep staring at him, people are going to think there's something wrong with you," she pressed on, trying to fight back her grin at your response. 

"I'm not staring at him-"

She snorted with laughter, interrupting your sentence before you could even finish defending yourself. "'Course you aren't," she uttered, shaking her head as another bubble of laughter slipped out of her. "You're definitely not keeping a close eye on that girl talking to him either, are you?"

You didn't answer, slumping back onto the bleachers in a huff, arms crossing over your chest. "I'm not staring," you muttered, clearly frustrated with the situation. "He's allowed to talk to other girls," you added, swallowing down the lump forming in your throat. "Hell, he can talk to whoever he wants to," you pressed on as Robin finally sat down beside you, knocking her shoulder lightly into yours. 

"You were the one who didn't want to tell people," she reminded you softly, offering you a small smile. "He wanted to scream about you from the rooftops if memory serves. Other girls wouldn't dare hang around him if they knew."

A soft sigh slipped out of you. "My mom would lose her mind," you uttered. "You know what she's like. No dating until college. If we started telling people, I'd be grounded within the week."

"It'd be worth it though, right?" she hummed, shrugging when your brow furrowed in confusion. "You'd get to be his girlfriend in public once you were out of house arrest. You could be all possessive in front of that bimbo-"

"Helen isn't a bimbo," you interrupted. "She's nice."

"She's flirting with your boyfriend," Robin corrected, her head lifting to look over at the two of them on the other side of the field. "Although, he seems to be doing a pretty good job of passing her off to other guys whenever he gets the chance." 

A small smile pulled at the corners of your lips, your eyes following her gaze to find Billy already looking in your direction, standing as far from Helen as he could get without leaving the field entirely. 

"Yeah, he doesn't like it when other girls flirt with him," you breathed. "He gets all stressed out," you added. "Thinks even humouring it is cheating," you chuckled. 

"You guys are so perfect for each other," Robin snorted, shaking her head. "I swear, I never would've thought so when you first told me, but-" her words trailed off as she shrugged. "God, he is smitten, isn't he?"

You bit down on your bottom lip, trying to fight back the grin pulling at your features. "Yeah, he is," you hummed, letting out a soft, content sigh as you leaned into her side. "You think I should just bite the bullet? Tell people?"

Robin hesitated for a moment. "I think you need to make that decision for yourself."

*Time Skip*

You pulled out of Billy's embrace rather suddenly, leaving him frowning after you as you shuffled towards the door of the Camaro. You spent most of your evenings together like this, huddled up on his back seat listening to music, sometimes with take-out or snacks. It was nice. It was familiar. But right now, it was making it all too clear that you were hiding. 

Normal couples went to the movies and to restaurants and the arcade. They didn't just hide away on random back streets in their cars for date night. 

"Everything alright, Baby?" he hummed softly, watching you so carefully that it made your heart flutter. 

You swallowed down the lump in your throat. "I think we should stop hiding," you uttered, eyes fixed on your own lap, your fingers fiddling with a loose thread at the hem of your skirt. 

"Yeah?" he answered softly, his tongue darting out to wet his bottom lip. "What about your mom?"

God, he'd always been so respectful of the boundaries you had set for him, so careful about toeing the line where he had to, and even now, he was reminding you of the rules you had put in place.

You risked a glance up at him. "I don't care about what my mom thinks," you confessed. "We've been together for 8 months. I think we deserve to be open about that."

A small smile pulled at the corner of his lips as he watched you, reaching his hand out in your direction for you to take, only to pull you back to him as soon as he had a good grip on you. "I love you, Baby," he murmured, pressing a kiss to your forehead. 

"Is that you agreeing?"

He snorted. "Baby, I would take out a billboard to tell people about us if you'd let me," he hummed, pressing another kiss to the tip of your nose. "I'd hire one of them skywriters to tell 'em." He pressed another kiss to your chin. "I'd've told them all the first time I kissed you." he pressed on, landing a final kiss right on your lips, and pulling back to find you grinning at him. 

"Yeah?"

He nodded. "Yeah, Baby. I want everyone to know that I'm yours," he breathed out, nudging your nose with his. 

"Mine," you hummed, smiling softly at him. "I like that."

He chuckled, his hand dragging up and down your spine lightly, soothing away the stress of the day. "I thought you would," he started. "I saw you watching me this morning," he added. "Saw you and Robin keeping tabs on me," he teased, his lips twitching up into a small smirk.

"I wasn't-"

"It's alright, Baby. I keep an eye out for you too," he hummed. "Always watching to make sure Harrington doesn't get too ballsy and make a move."

You released a shocked snort of laughter. "Steve?" You shook your head in disbelief, pulling back to grin down at him. "You think Steve's a threat? You've got to be kidding."

"He's a good-looking guy-"

"He's totally in love with Nancy Wheeler," you interrupted. "She's basically all he ever talks about," you pressed on. "He comes to me and Robin for girl advice."

"Oh-"

"But I kind of like that it makes you jealous," you teased, biting down on your bottom lip. "So possessive."

His smile slowly returned, his hands shifting to grip your hips. "Well, that makes two of us, doesn't it, Baby?"

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x