Eddie Munson X Henderson!Reader - One Day In Your Life

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song One Day In Your Life by Anastacia. Reader is Dustin's older sister and this is set after all of the Stranger Things stuff, so Reader and Eddie are both 21ish. I hope you all enjoy it. 

Eddie had just settled into his seat, minding his own business as the other passengers filed down the aisle to their assigned seats, when Jeff nudged his elbow lightly, drawing his attention away from the window beside him. 

"I really thought you were going to chicken out, you know that?" Jeff murmured as he fastened his seatbelt across his lap. "Gareth and I were sure you and Y/N were going to finally confess that you were madly in love and you were going to realise you had to stay in Hawkins with her-"

"Y/N's not in love with me," Eddie interrupted, slumping back a little further in his seat as Jeff snorted with laughter, shaking his head. "She's not-"

Jeff smacked him in the arm a little harder this time. "The girl had been fawning after you since we were in 9th grade," he corrected. "Even Dustin's noticed."

"What?" Eddie started, brow furrowed in confusion. 

"Yeah, he was talking about it when we were waiting for you to set up Hellfire the other week. Said it was annoying how much she talks about you-"

"She likes me?"

Jeff couldn't quite contain the eye roll. "Yeah, idiot. You think she hangs out with us because it's good for her street cred?"

Eddie's tongue darted out to wet his bottom lip, his head twisting to look back at the air hostesses, still welcoming passengers onto the plane by the doors. "I need to get off the plane," he started quietly, fumbling with his belt as he struggled to get up, practically climbing over Jeff into the aisle and shoving his way past the steady flow of disgruntled passengers until he reached the door.

"Sir, you need to take your seat-"

"I need to leave. Now," he interrupted, watching as the hostess looked over to her coworker, clearly a little lost. 

"If you leave the plane now, you won't be able to re-board, Sir," she started again. "You need to take your seat."

He shook his head, swallowing down the lump in his throat. "I'm getting off the plane. I'm not planning on re-boarding."

*Time Skip*

"You know, this whole mess never would've happened if you'd just told him that you liked him," Dustin uttered from the other end of the couch, receiving a gentle shove from your foot to make your dislike of the comment clear. "He never would've left if he thought you wanted him to stay," he pressed on. "Eddie would've done anything to get a chance at being with you."

"Shut up, Dusty," you grumbled, keeping your eyes fixed on the TV. 

"I'm just saying," he pressed on. "Eddie is totally in love with you and it would've saved me having to suffer through all your moping if you'd just told him before he left for California-" A knock on the door silenced him mid-sentence. "Bagsy not getting it," he cried out, causing your head to shoot to look at him with a sharp glare. "Hey, you need to be quicker," he defended, holding up his hands in surrender as you rolled off of the sofa, shaking your head in frustration. 

You tugged the door open, still practically scowling until your eyes landed on Eddie standing on your doorstep, a carry-on bag sitting at his feet, and then, your expression softened completely. 

"What are you doing here?" you started, brow furrowing slightly. "Shouldn't you be in the air already?" you pressed on, attempting to hide just how miserable you had been moments before. 

"God, please don't hate me for this," he uttered quietly, immediately moving forward to capture your face in his hands, drawing you into a deep kiss as your hands lifted to ball into his t-shirt. 

It hadn't taken long for the surprise to wear off, and then, you had been kissing him back, relief flooding through your veins. Eddie had come back. He'd missed his flight for you. Dustin had been right. 

When Eddie had finally broken the kiss, his lips still brushing over yours as he fought for breath, a soft chuckle had slipped out of you, your hand untangling from his shirt to lift to his face, your fingers running delicately over his jaw. 

"Where did that come from?" you hummed softly, chuckling again when he nudged your nose with his. 

"I didn't realise," he murmured. "If I'd known I would've been kissing you for years already," he pressed on. "But we were sitting on the plane and Jeff told me and," he paused, shaking his head slightly. "If I'd known, I never would've been on the plane in the first place," he told you. "I wouldn't have even considered leaving if I'd known you wanted me here with you."

You took in a short, shaking breath, your hand shifting backwards until your palm rested on his cheek, and then you were pulling him down into another kiss, feeling him smile against your lips.  

"I'm sorry for being so stupid," he breathed against you, pulling back just enough to stand to his full height, his arms wrapping around you and making you stumble into his chest. 

"I think we were both being pretty stupid," you hummed, lifting your head until you were smiling softly up at him. "I'm glad you got off the plane," you finally added. 

"Yeah?"

You nodded. "I was going to really miss you." The two of you stayed jumbled together for a moment, appreciating being so close after having waited for so long. "Did you want to come in? Dusty and I were just going to watch Inspector Gadget," you told him, watching as his smile grew. 

"I'd love to."

You untangled yourself from his arms, taking his hand in yours and leading him into the house. When you'd finally pulled him into the living room, Dustin had practically combusted with excitement. "I told you," he cried out, grinning when you rolled your eyes playfully at him, the two of you slumping onto the couch together. 

"He told you?" Eddie hummed, grinning as you tucked yourself into his side. 

"He's an idiot-"

"Y/N was being all grumpy because you were leaving. I told her you wouldn't have left if she'd asked because you're in love with her."

"Dustin," you chastised quietly, reaching across Eddie to smack his arm lightly. 

"I mean, he did tell you," Eddie teased quietly, chuckling when you burrowed closer to him, hiding your face in his shoulder. "I definitely wouldn't've gotten on the plane if you'd asked me to stay," he added softly, running his fingers delicately up your spine. 

"Stay," you finally murmured quietly, your voice all muffled by his t-shirt. 

"I'm not going anywhere, Sweetheart."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x