Eddie Munson X Reader - Bette Davis Eyes

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes. It also references What's Love Got To Do With It? by Tina Turner. I hope you all enjoy it. 

Eddie had been telling himself, ever since he'd agreed to go to prom, that the only reason he would attend was to make some money off of his classmates before they headed out to their after-parties. He could make a killing off of some of the stoners rattling around the school hall, all decked out in colourful streamers. 

He definitely wasn't only here to see you. He definitely hadn't only agreed to come because you had mentioned it during one of your tutoring sessions. He definitely hadn't only attended to see how pretty you would look in the dress you'd described in heavy detail. He definitely wasn't lying to himself to save his ego when you would avoid him. But deep down, he knew all too well that he wouldn't have come if it wasn't for how disappointed you had looked when he had said he wasn't planning on attending. 

But now, here he was, standing off to the side of the hall, watching a bunch of idiot teenagers, who he usually avoided if he wasn't making money off of them, slow dancing to a bunch of songs he had never even heard before. 

He was just about to take another sip of the over-sweet punch when his view of the dance floor had been blocked, and his vision had cleared to find you grinning at him. And God, you looked so pretty that it killed him a little bit, his stomach erupting with butterflies at the mere sight of you standing in front of him.

"I thought you weren't coming," you teased, looking so damn pleased with yourself that he couldn't help the half-smile pulling at the corners of his lips. 

He shrugged slightly. "I thought I ought to give it a try," he hummed, finally lifting his cup the rest of the distance to his lips, wincing when he tasted the sugar overdose waiting to happen. 

A moment later, you were holding up a small hip flask. "Want something better?"

"God, you're a lifesaver," he uttered, taking the outheld drink and taking a quick swig, letting the burn taint his throat. "I was starting to worry that I'd have to be sober all through this thing," he added, listening to the lighthearted chuckle slip out of you. He hesitated for a moment, smiling down at you before he shook himself out of the moment, clearing his throat. "Shouldn't you be out there dancing with your date?"

Your brow furrowed. "What date?" you uttered. "I came on my own," you pressed on, watching as he bit back a smile as that little bit of information registered. "But, I would like to dance," you added softly, tilting your head to the side. "Would you join me?"

The smile was gone from his features in an instant. "I don't dance."

"Oh-" you murmured, looking so damn disappointed that Eddie felt a wave of guilt rush over him. He hated the idea of ever doing anything to upset you. 

"I don't really know what to do," he pressed on, trying his hardest to correct his own faux pas and bring your smile back. "I've never been to a dance before and the music I listen to isn't exactly slow-dance material," he added, swallowing down the lump in his throat. "It's more jumping around and knocking into people a lot."

Another soft chuckle slipped out of you. "Yeah, I don't think anyone would appreciate that when we're listening to Tina Turner," you teased, drawing a snort out of him. "Come on, I can teach you," you added, taking his hand in yours. "It's not that hard. It's basically just a lot of swaying."

Eddie hesitated for a moment, glancing down at your hand holding his for a second before relenting, placing his cup down on the bleachers behind him and letting you move him towards the dance floor.

He swallowed as you took his hands and placed them on your hips, smiling sweetly up at him as you lifted your arms to his shoulders. "Like this," you hummed out, moving him to the music, a soft giggle slipping out of you when you glanced up to find pure concentration painting his features, his eyes focused on his feet. "You don't have to think so hard," you chuckled. "Just let the music move you," you added softly. 

When he glanced up from his feet, he could've sworn he forgot how to think. You looked so beautiful like this, so comfortable, and he would've given anything to get to see you like this whenever he got the chance. 

"You're doing great," you reminded him, taking his hand in yours and spinning yourself under his arm. "See, isn't this fun?"

He hummed out a non-commital answer, still pretty focused on not stepping on your toes. 

"I think you're a pretty great dancer, Ed," you pressed, moving your body a little closer to his.

"I've got a good teacher," he answered softly, his body freezing when made eye contact with you, realising just how close your face was to his. "Fuck-"

A sheepish smile pulled at the corner of your lips, your hand resting lightly on his chest. "Are you going to kiss me, Eddie?"

He swallowed, his mouth opening and closing as he searched for something to say that wouldn't make him sound completely lame. "Yep," he finally breathed out, his cheeks tinting red as he watched your smile only grow. And then, he was leaning down and connecting his lips to yours, his hand leaving your hip to cup your cheek. 

Your soft giggle was enough to break the kiss, his lips pulling back just enough that they still brushed yours. "Took you long enough," you teased softly, lifting your hand from his chest to pull him back down to kiss you again. 

When you broke apart again, you tucked yourself against him, the two of you swaying to the music as he wrapped his arms around you. "This dancing thing isn't so hard," he hummed out, feeling rather than hearing your muffled laughter against his chest.  

You pulled back slightly, grinning up at him. "You had a good teacher, remember?"

"Like I'd ever forget."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x