Eddie Munson X Reader - Rebel Child

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Rebel Child by Dylan. I hope you all enjoy it.

Eddie had never been very good at being inconspicuous. I mean, he definitely stood out in a crowd, and that had never bothered him before, but now, it just made his new fixation with you a little bit difficult. He couldn't just watch you without someone watching him back; God, he was pretty sure you'd caught him staring a good handful of times now. And yet, he still couldn't seem to stop staring anyway. 

I mean, you were one of the most stunning people that had ever graced the halls of Hawkins High, and you knew it too. You walked with a confidence that Eddie could only dream of, and it was drawing him in repeatedly. But who could blame him? Almost every straight guy at school had a thing for you. You were hypnotizing; free and a little bit wild. You were Hawkin's very own rebel child and it was infectious. 

Eddie had been totally in his own world, staring out of the window of his third-period Calc class and wishing he was literally anywhere else when he'd noticed you sauntering away across the football field. Clearly, you'd had enough of your own classes, and now you were headed out into the woods to cut class for the rest of the day. You were well known for ditching school when you weren't feeling it, and somehow still coming away with above-average grades, too. In fact, it made Eddie pretty jealous to see how easy exams were for you when he had to basically army crawl his way through the work. 

He was on his feet before he'd actually thought about what he was doing, causing Ms. Delaney to stop mid-sentence, raising an eyebrow at him. 

"Did you have something to add, Eddie?" she hummed, waiting patiently for him to sit back down. 

"Restroom," he finally uttered, making a beeline for the door before she could say anything else, and practically jogging down the hallway to the exit. 

He only hesitated when he was half-way across the field. Maybe this was a little weird, following you out into the woods. Maybe you were meeting up to hook up with some guy and he was going to rudely interrupt whatever was going on. Maybe you would think he was a total creep for even coming out here. 

He only paused on the treeline for a moment, and then, with a soft sigh, he continued on his way. Everyone knew that he dealt out here. People should know to expect him to show up at his spot. No one could get shitty at him for being out here.

"Hey," your voice hummed, making him almost jump out of his skin as he spun to find you leaning against a tree, smiling softly to yourself. 

"Hi," he finally mumbled, swallowing down the lump in his throat as he cleared the space between him and the bench, dropping his lunch pale onto the surface. 

"You got bored of class too?" 

Eddie hesitated for a moment, his tongue darting out to wet his bottom lip. "I, uh-" he paused again, finally looking up at you properly as you moved to sit opposite him. "I saw you come out here; thought maybe you wanted to buy-"

"Oh," you murmured, letting out a soft chuckle. "I've actually already got a supplier," you confessed. "Think he'd be a little hurt if I stray," you added. 

"Yeah, I get that; wouldn't want anyone poaching my clients either," he uttered. He cleared his throat as he got to his feet, watching as your smile dropped from your features. "I should probably get back to class, then-"

"You don't want to hang out for a bit?" you interrupted. "Keep me company?"

Eddie could swear his heart leapt out of his throat at that moment. You didn't think he was creepy at all, in fact, you were asking for him to stick around. This had to be a dream; a fantasy; a hallucination. In five seconds, he would wake up in the middle of Ms Delaney's classroom feeling totally stupid for ever thinking this could be real.

"You don't have to if you don't want to," you pressed, brow still furrowed. 

"I do want to," he finally answered, watching as your expression softened, looking almost recognisable from the girl he knew from the hallways. "It's kinda cold out here," he pressed on, watching as a small smile pulled at the corners of your lips. 

"Thought you were a super tough guy," you teased. "Didn't think a little bit of cold would bother you," you added.

Eddie snorted. "Doesn't make me less tough because I don't like being cold-"

"Is this why you always wear all those layers?" you interrupted, practically grinning now. "You're scared of getting a little chilly?"

"God," he uttered, false offence playing on the lilt of his voice. "You're a little bully, you know that?" 

A soft chuckle slipped out of you at his comment. "I know," you agreed. "I'm a heinous bitch."

Eddie winced. "I wouldn't go that far-"

"Why not?" You shrugged slightly when he looked a little sheepish. "Come on, it's just words."

"Yeah, but they aren't true."

You snorted. "Clearly, you don't know me very well-"

"I know you aren't a bitch," he interrupted. "You've got a couple of rough edges here and there, but you aren't a bad person." 

You hesitated for a moment, shifting on the bench. "Oh," you finally murmured. "Well, that's good to know, I guess," you added with a soft chuckle. 

"You like that people think you're a little dangerous, don't you?" Eddie finally uttered, watching as your eyes immediately settled on his, your head tilting to the side slightly. 

"I am a little dangerous-"

"I don't think you are," Eddie interrupted. "I think you're kind of sweet, under all the dark clothes and the hair and the rule-breaking," he added softly. "And I think the fact that I just called you sweet made you want to swing at me," he pressed on, his lips tipping up as you bit down on the inside of your cheek. 

"You want to know what I think?" you hummed. "I think you're a lot smarter than people give you credit for," you told him. 

Eddie let out a proper snort at that, shaking his head. "That's the first time anyone's ever called me smart," he confessed. 

"Well, it's the first time anyone's ever called me sweet, so the feeling is mutual."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x