Eddie Munson X Hopper!Reader - Kirsty

A/N -  This chapter was inspired by the song Kirsty, Are You Doing Okay? by The Offspring, which has themes of sexual assault and trauma. In this chapter, the reader is Hopper's daughter. I hope you all enjoy it. 

You really hadn't expected to get a call from your dad late one evening when he was in the middle of his shift. Usually, he was pretty happy to leave you to your own devices, only calling in an emergency. But when you'd answered the phone with a soft hello, he'd simply sighed in defeat. 

"Sweetheart, you need to come down the station," he finally uttered, causing your brow to furrow. 

"Did you forget something-?"

"No," he interrupted, letting out another sigh. "Eddie got arrested and he's refusing to talk to anyone; think it's best you come down here and talk some sense into him."

You hesitated for a moment, still floundering right on the edge of confusion. "What was he arrested for?"

"I think it's best if you just come down, Sweetheart. We'll talk when you get here, alright?"

"Alright," you murmured, nodding even though you knew he wouldn't be able to see the movement. 

*Time Skip*

God, you probably looked a complete state, walking into the station in Eddie's old sweatpants, a baggy t-shirt, and one of your dad's old hoodies that you were pretty sure was older than you were. You were practically shaking too, the anxiety building up as you began to assume the worst.

"Y/N," Hopper called out, nodding for you to follow him further into the building, all the way back to his office. 

"Where is he?" you started, hovering awkwardly when he shut the door behind the two of you. 

"In a cell; giving me the silent treatment," he uttered, shaking his head in disbelief. "You wouldn't know that the kid basically lives with me, the way he's acting."

You swallowed down the lump in your throat. "Can I see him?"

"Soon," he confirmed. "Sit down for a second; we need to talk." You nodded, following his instructions and perching awkwardly on the corner of the chair that you had spent most of your childhood year occupying; back when you had been too young to be left at home when your dad was working a night shift. "How does Eddie know Jason Carver?"

You froze, the memories of a few weeks ago seeping into the forefront of your mind. Eddie picking you up from a party to find you bawling at the curb. Eddie holding you whilst you slurred through the confession that you were the most stupid person alive. Eddie coaxing the truth out of you through your sobs. Eddie wanting to beat the shit out of whoever had dared to touch you, even though you refused to tell him who had actually committed the assault. 

"School," you finally uttered. "Jason's a couple of grades below us. He's on the basketball team; everyone knows him," you pressed, trying your hardest to hide the way that even his name made you feel sick. 

"And he and Eddie, they ever get into any fights?"

"Fights?" you murmured, feigning ignorance. I mean, Eddie and Jason detested each other. They always had. Everyone who had ever set foot in the same room as them knew it. 

Hopper shrugged slightly, sitting forward in his seat a little. "You know, they ever argue?" 

You hesitated for a moment. "I mean, they've had a couple of run-ins," you confessed, swallowing around the lump forming in your throat. "It was never that big of a deal. Jason would act like an asshole and Eddie would get a bit mouthy back. It was never serious."