Steve Harrington X Wheeler!Reader - Perfect For You

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Perfect For You by Peach PRC. The reader is Nancy and Mike's sister. This one is set during Season 4. This is probably going to be a two-parter because I got distracted with making them just have fun and now I don't know where to go from here. I hope you all enjoy it. 

A soft sigh slipped out of you as you watched Nancy and Steve talking quietly beside her car, clearly bickering over something. It wasn't fair really. Nancy had dumped him for Jonathan two whole years ago, and still, there were obviously feelings lingering between them. And God, it killed you. You'd had a crush on Steve since before he'd even met Nancy. You'd wanted him before they ever got together. But still, she was the one with the claim on him. 

You tried to busy yourself, pulling open Steve's car door and ushering the kids into the back seat. Dustin wrinkled his face up a little, resisting in the hopes of getting shotgun until you shot him a firm look, and then he was piling into the back with Max. 

"Robin is going with Nance," Steve uttered as he came jogging back over, clearly peeved by mere the idea of the two of them going off without him. "We've got babysitting duty," he pressed on, looking at you over the top of the car. "Unless you'd rather-"

"Unless I'd rather go with them? You're kidding right?" you murmured, forcing a smile. "I'd much rather hang out with you and these little losers than go studying with the girls."

He nodded, opening his car door and climbing in as you internally winced at your own awkwardness. You quickly moved to copy him, sitting comfortably in the passenger seat.

"Steve," Dustin immediately started, leaning forward so that his head was between you. "Y/N isn't following shotgun rules," he pressed on, sending you a small glare before turning his attention back to Steve, who was staring at him with a raised eyebrow. 

"So?"

"So, if we just start forgetting the rules then where does it stop?" Dustin uttered. "Is crime okay now? Can I commit tax fraud?"

"You don't even pay tax, Dustin. You don't work-" you murmured, head falling back against the headrest.

"That isn't the point-"

"Y/N gets shotgun because she's an adult," Steve interjected, shoving Dustin back into the backseat with a hand on his forehead. "And because she's like a foot taller than you. She'd be all cramped up in the back," he added, rolling his eyes in your direction as if you were sharing some inside joke about how frustrating the kid could be. 

You knocked down the sun visor, making eye contact with Dustin in the little mirror and sending him a cocky smile as Steve pulled out onto the road. "Yeah, short stack," you called back to him, chuckling when you heard him release a disgruntled grumble. 

"You're laughing now, but I'm due a growth spurt any day now and when I'm taller than you, I'm taking that seat back."

Steve snorted beside you, shaking his head slightly at the interaction. 

"If you're ever taller than me," you corrected, turning around in your seat. "You could end up being this height forever, kiddo-"

"Quit being a bitch-"

"Hey," Steve interrupted, risking a glance back at him before turning his attention back to the road. "Don't call her that."

"But she's being one-"

"I don't care," Steve pressed on. "You're in my car; you follow my rules." He paused for a moment. "Apologise."

Dustin gritted his teeth, his arms folding over his chest as he silently seethed. "Sorry."

Stranger Things - Imagines (Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara