Billy Hargrove X Reader - Good Luck, Babe!

A/N - Hi all, it's just little old me dropping in with another  teeny-tiny chapter for you all; this one was inspired by the song Good Luck, Babe! by Chappell Roan. I hope you all enjoy it!

You hadn't wanted to cause an argument. Hell, you hated rocking the boat, especially when it came to Billy. He could be stubborn at the best of times, but when you backed him into a corner he had a tendency of shutting down completely, avoiding any form of conversation for the next 3-5 business days and leaving you even more lost than you had been to start with. So, no, you hadn't meant to get so frustrated and you definitely hadn't meant to be so damn snappy with him. 

"I just don't understand," you pressed on, frowning deeply at him across your living room, offering him plenty of room to make a hasty escape through your front door, the same one that you'd been expecting him to take for the last hour or so, whilst you'd been sitting all grouchy beside him. I mean, you hadn't even been the one to start the conversation either. He'd pried. He'd asked what he'd done to get you so wound up. And now, you were pretty sure he was regretting ever opening his mouth. "You come over all the time and you tell me you miss me when you're away with work and you introduced me to your Dad, but you won't call me your girlfriend and you don't tell me you love me and-"

"Slow down," he interjected, still sitting in his spot on the couch, not making the quick dash for the door just yet. "You need to slow down or I'm not going to be able to take in what you're saying," he added, his voice softer than you had ever heard it before. 

"I just don't understand what more I can do to make you love me," you breathed, looking so damn heartbroken that it left Billy's stomach churning. "I tried to be the laidback, chilled-out girl that you want but it just isn't me, alright? I don't like being casual. I want a relationship. I want you. And it isn't fair that you don't want me too." Billy was quick to get to his feet at your words, causing a broken laugh to slip out of you as he pushed up off of the couch. "God, you can't even have one serious conversation about relationships without running away. You're such a coward."

"Y/N-"

"No, it's fine," you bit back at him, silencing him before he could start coming up with excuses. "It's cool. You can say that we're nothing and that this isn't a relationship, but you know that isn't true Billy," you pressed on. "I don't want to call it off, but you're not giving me what I need."

There was a moment of silence as you swallowed down the lump in your throat, seeing pure pain flash across Billy's face as he tried to make sense of your rambling. 

"You can go and do what you need to do, alright. You can go to a different bar every night and kiss some random girl. You can take shot after shot and try to numb whatever you're feeling-"

Before you could even finish berating him, Billy was on you, his lips pressed to yours as he backed you against the wall, his hand cupping the back of your head to stop you from knocking it against the drywall. 

"I swear, you never let me talk," he chastised against your lips. "You just keep going and going having this argument with yourself that doesn't even need to happen," he pressed, finally pulling back enough that you could see his eyes, his forearms still caging you against the wall. "You gunna listen now?"

You hesitated for a moment before nodding, swallowing down the lump that had formed in your throat. 

"Good," he murmured, pulling back slightly to cup your cheeks, wiping away a few stray tears that you hadn't even noticed falling. "Sweetheart, you are the biggest pain in my ass, you know that?" he hummed, smiling softly down at you. "And yet, you are still my favourite person in the whole damn world, alright? And I know I'm an idiot for not asking you to be my girl yet,  okay, I know I am," he paused, letting out a heavy breath. "But I was just worried that maybe you'd realise that you deserved better than a boyfriend like me and kick me to the curb. But I'm asking now, okay, Baby? I want you to be my girlfriend." 

When you didn't immediately answer, Billy straightened slightly, licking his lips. "I'm sorry that I'm no good at saying it, Sweetheart, but I love you. I want you. I don't want random girls in random bars, Baby; I want you."

"And you actually mean that? You're not just saying it to keep me around?" 

"You're my girl. Have been since day one, Sweetheart, even if I was too stupid to tie you down," he confessed quietly, watching carefully as a small smile pulled at the corners of your lips. 

"I don't like you calling my boyfriend an idiot," you breathed softly. "Only I get to call him that," you pressed on, drawing a snort of laughter out of him as he leaned down to press a gentle kiss to your lips. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x