Eddie Munson X Reader - Silver Spring

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Silver Spring by Fleetwood Mac (another favourite of mine) and the iconic live performance where Stevie Nicks locked eyes with her Ex-partner (Lindsey Buckingham) whom she had written the song about, whilst she was singing and he was on the guitar. Anyone who knows me knows how much I adore Stevie (and Fleetwood Mac as a whole), and it was shit like this that solidified that love, so here we go. So, this is basically a recreation of that performance, but reader is Stevie Nicks and Eddie is Lindsey Buckingham, and even though it's probably pretty short, It will probably end up being one of my personal favourites. I hope you all enjoy it.

"You could be my Silver Spring; Blue-green colours flashing. I would be your only dream; your shinin' Autumn Ocean crashing." There were a couple of cheers as the song started, all slow and dreamy as it carried out across the crowd. When you first put pen to paper and started writing the song, you hadn't expected it to resonate so much. Hell, you hadn't thought it would even make it onto the album. But here you were, a year later, performing it live for the first time to people who had moved it up the charts. 

"Don't say that she's pretty," you started again, feeling your heart clench as you saw people singing along. "And did you say that she loved you? Baby, I don't wanna know."

You let out a soft, centring breath, pushing your hair back out of your face before leaning back towards the microphone. "So, I'll begin not to love you; Turn around, see me running. I'll say I loved you years ago. Tell myself you never loved me. No." You swallowed down the lump in your throat, shaking your head slightly. "And did you say that she's pretty? And did you say that she loves you? Baby, I don't wanna know.

"Oh No. And can you tell me, was it worth it? Really, I don't wanna know."

You glanced out of the corner of your eye, catching Eddie already looking in your direction. In all honesty, you hadn't been thinking of this moment when you'd first sung the words. You hadn't thought about having to say them in front of him. You hadn't thought about the thousands of people who would hear how he had hurt you. 

"Time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me. I know I could've loved you, but you would not let me." You took a deep breath as he played, looking away, forcing yourself to regain your composure. 

In all fairness, Eddie had listened to the lyrics time and time again. He knew that they were about him. He knew that the crowd would know you were singing about him. And he'd had a thousand chances to veto the song along the way. But instead, he'd given himself to it wholeheartedly. And right now, he was performing it like a pro. 

"Time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me. I know I could've loved you, but you would not let me.," you repeated as you returned to the mic. "I'll follow you down 'til the sound of my voice will haunt you.

Suddenly, your eyes had locked onto Eddie's, your stomach turning over as you continued to sing. "You'll never get away from the sound of the woman that loved you. I'll follow you down 'til the sound of my voice will haunt you." God, he looked so lost, watching you sing at him like this. Hell, the amount of times he'd had to hear these words in your voice, it had never seemed so pointed as it did right now. 

"Was I just a fool? You'll never get away from the sound of the woman that loved you. Was I just a fool? I'll follow you down 'til the sound of my voice will haunt you. Give me just a chance.

By now, you could hear the crowd singing with you, the sound surrounding you, the band singing your backup vocals, and you let your voice fall off completely, still staring straight at Eddie as he played. 

Finally, as the music slowed, quieting down, you tore your eyes away, letting them fall back on the crowd. "You could be my Silver Spring; Blue-green colours flashing."

The room had erupted into cheers and applause as the last notes rang out, and your hand had immediately lifted, resting over your heart as you let your eyes roam over the people in front of you, filling with grateful tears. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x