Steve Harrington x Reader - Everything

A/N - Sorry that I've been missing lately (there's been a lot going on behind the scenes on my side recently) but your girl is back and better than ever, even if this particular chapter is another shorter one. 

This chapter was inspired by Give Me Everything by Pitbull ft Ne-Yo, Nayer, and Afrojack. This one is set right after the bit in season 4 where the earth splits open, but Reader thinks it was an earthquake, like everyone else in Hawkins. I hope you all enjoy it.

When Steve first started working with you at Family Video, you had assumed that you would hate him. After all, you'd been in the same grade since you were in Kindergarten and he'd never even acknowledged your existence whilst he flitted around the school like a total asshole. Hell, he and his friends had been adamant that you weren't worth knowing, so they'd avoided you and your friends at all costs. 

But then, you'd actually been forced to work together, and you realised that perhaps you had been a little too eager to judge him. I mean, he was a total idiot, but he didn't have a malicious bone in his body. He would check in with you when customers got a bit too friendly. He'd go out for his lunch break and return with something for you too without ever expecting repayment. He asked about your days off and how your evening had been and he actually wanted to hear your answer. 

After about a month of working together, you were pretty certain that Steve was possibly the sweetest guy you had ever met, and you were kicking yourself for the crush that you were starting to form for him. 

In fact, your crush was probably actually a bit more than that at this point, not that you would ever admit it. And when Hawkins had been hit with an earthquake in the middle of the night, he had been the first person you had thought about, as pathetic as that might be. 

You had been pacing your living room, trying to figure out whether you should get in the car and head out of town like everyone else seemed to be doing, so stick around when there was a knock on your door. Sure, maybe under any other circumstances, you wouldn't be shocked by that, but something about tonight definitely hadn't felt normal. And with your best friend away at college and your parents vacationing down in Florida, there wasn't a soul left in Hawkins who you would expect to just show up to your apartment unannounced following a natural disaster.

You took a deep breath to steady yourself, silently cursing your landlord for never fitting a peephole on your front door, and pulled the door open, freezing when you found Steve staring back at you on the other side. 

"Steve?" you murmured softly, brow furrowing in confusion as he seemed to relax when he set eyes on you. "Did you join the army, or something?" you pressed on.

"What?" he uttered, looking so damn lost that it was almost comical.

You gestured at his clothes quickly. "It's an interesting style choice," you hummed, your tongue darting out to wet your bottom lip. "But it sort of suits you-"

"Oh fuck it," he breathed, moving forwards quickly and pressing his lips to yours, his hands moving to cup your cheeks as he kissed you. When he moved to pull back, you were quick to catch his wrist, keeping his palm pressed firmly to your skin. "I'm sorry-"

"Why?"

He looked confused for a moment, and then he'd spotted the smile pulling at your lips and realisation had hit him like a freight train. You were happy that he'd kissed you. And he was pretty sure that you wanted him to kiss you again. 

He let his thumb brush gently over your temple. "I'm so happy you're okay," he hummed, leaning down to capture your lips with his again, grinning when he felt you kissing him back. When he released your lips again, he pressed his forehead against yours. "I think you're so pretty," he confessed quietly. "And funny, and sweet, and-"

"Yeah?" you interrupted gently, nudging at his nose with yours. "You aren't too bad yourself," you hummed out, chuckling when he grumbled lightly at the half-assed compliment. "Even if you showed up at my door dressed like an off-brand G.I. Joe doll," you teased, grinning until he pressed his lips to yours again, attempting to stop you from talking. 

"You're not as sweet as I thought," he mumbled against your lips, drawing another snort of laughter out of you. "You're really mean," he pressed on. 

"Yeah, but It's only because I like you-"

"Yeah?" he hummed out. 

You nodded slightly. "I think you're pretty great, Steve."

"Well, that's a relief, huh?" he chuckled. "Because I think you're incredible."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x