Prologue

{ PROLOGUE }

01. MARRIAGE...

SHRIYA GOENKA AND SHARAD GOENKA...WILL BE HITCHED WITH EACH OTHER TOMORROW IN THE PRESENCE OF JUST THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND CLOSE FRIENDS IN THE TEMPLE...

This was the breaking news of all the TV channels and newspapers... For the past 2 days...

.........................

Shriya, our female lead looks at the newspaper and reads the news...

Shriya: "Don't they have any other work or other breaking news... Everywhere my marriage news... I so wish I could run away from all this... This marriage and all... But it's impossible... I can't hurt my family... Hemant uncle did wrong with me by fixing this marriage"...

She gets frustrated thinking about all this and lays down on her bed... Crying... Tomorrow is the big day for her as her marriage will take place...

But Shriya is completely broken and is crying for her life... She lost her love... The boy she loved dearly... The only hope she had for living...

Her parents died in an accident and then she decided to leave on her own... She considered only Hemant's family as her dear ones... Hemant is the only father figure in her life and she till now never disobeyed Hemant's orders...

    { THE MARRIAGE DAY }

Radha (Hemant's wife) knocks on the door of Shriya's room... Hearing no response she starts panicking... She then goes and calls Hemant...

They both again knock on the door... Shriya opens the door... She is ready in her bridal attire with minimal makeup...

Shriya: "I was getting ready so".

Radha: "It's ok beta... You are looking beautiful... Like an angel... Come... Let's go...or else we will be late"...

Hemant touches Shriya's head and blesses her to stay happy... Shriya doesn't show any reaction... And then they leave for the temple where marriage is going to be held...

AT THE TEMPLE...

The groom's car arrives near the temple's premises... Sharad gets out of the car... He is wearing a white shirt and a white colour veshti(lungi)... His parents Harish Goenka and Asha Goenka also get out of the car...

Another car stops and then Sharad's brother Varad gets down with some of their friends...  Varad and Sharad are non-identical twins... Sharad is older than Varad by 10 minutes...

They all walk inside the temple removing their footwear outside... Sharad sits on the temple footsteps... His mother Asha is talking with the priest about the arrangements...

Sharad's friend sits near Sharad... and Varad with his dad is talking with the marriage registrar...

Arun (Sharad's friend) was talking to Sharad...

Arun: "Sharad... Why this sudden decision to marry her? You both were best friends and you also know she had someone else in her life... Then? You have also loved someone else and then made a promise that you will not be marrying anyone... Then what happened?"

Sharad: "Sometimes, life makes sure that some promises are broken... I don't know but I agreed to this marriage for Hemant Uncle... Now, I don't know what's in store for my future... I don't know if Shriya and I will be together forever or if it's just some month's marriage"...

Arun also nods listening to him and then they both talk generally... Asha comes near them and tells Sharad to stand and go towards the deity as Shriya arrives...

Asha goes towards Shriya and does her aarti... She applies a black dot behind Shriya's ear... And then Radha and Asha take Shriya near Sharad and make them stand together...

The bride and groom don't even look at each other for once... They were friends before marriage and now are behaving like strangers.

The priest chants the mantra and then they both are handed garlands... Shriya puts garland first and then Sharad...

From Shriya's family... Only her uncle Hemant, his wife Radha and second son Deepak had arrived... Their first son Dishan didn't attend the marriage...  Shriya is the elder to both of them and they address her as di...

Shriya, Dishan and Deepak shared the perfect brother-sister bond... (A/N: The reason why Dishan didn't attend marriage is written in another story 'Sirf tum')...

The priest tells them to sit and lights the fire... He starts chanting the mantra...

Then the priest gives the nuptial chain to Sharad... And then he ties the nuptial chain around to  Shriya's neck... And then he fills her hairline with vermillion...

Then the priest tells them to take seven rounds around the fire... Sharad held Shriya's pinky finger and moved around the holy fire while repeating the promises... After 3 and a half rounds, Shriya moves ahead holding Sharad's pinky fingers... While both repeating the promises to each other in front of the holy fire...

The priest announces that the marriage ceremony is over and from today they are husband and wife... And then tells them to take all elder's blessings...

Shriya stands still there while Sharad moves towards his parent's side... He reaches near his parents and looks behind... Shriya is still standing there...

Radha goes near her and nudges Shriya's elbow... Shriya understands and goes towards Sharad...

They both touch Harish's feet first and then Asha's feet... The couple blesses the new couple to always be together and happy...

Then they go towards Hemant and Radha... They touch their feet and receive blessings from them to stay happy...

Sharad's friends congratulate him and Shriya... Sharad responds with a thank you but Shriya doesn't show any expression...

Varad embraces his brother and then forwards his hand for a handshake near Shriya... She doesn't react at first but then greets him...

Asha: "Harish let's go home... I have to welcome the new bride... Radha ji we will take your leave... And from now on Shriya is our daughter"...

Hemant: "Harish ji and Radha ji please forgive our daughter if she makes a mistake"...

Sharad: "Uncle... Don't worry... She is my responsibility... I will take care of her"...

.............................................................

THEIR FATE HAD NOW INTERLINKED WITH EACH OTHER...

How is the chapter? Are you excited to read more? Suggest a hashtag for them... #...

Let's dive into their journey together...

Till then keep reading.

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊