26. Doctor Visit!!

Sharad comes outside from the shower after half an hour... He changes his clothes and lies down on his bed... Tossing and turning around as sleep is far away from his eyes because of the guilt that he had hurt Shriya when she wasn't at fault... At least they both had their dinner otherwise they both would have slept on an empty stomach...

He gets up and decides to check on Shriya... Doubting whether to knock or not... What if she is sleeping? What if she is awake and doesn't want to see him and talk rudely with him...  He decides to knock once... He knocks and calls her name... But he doesn't get a response... Thinking she is sleeping, he goes inside his room...

..............

On the other hand, Shriya freshened up and sat on the bed shivering... She stood under the shower for more than an hour... She was already fully drenched and now she took a shower... Her face is void of any emotions...

She opens the side table drawer which is near the bed... Takes out sleeping pills and gobbles two pills together... She sleeps... Her whole body is shivering and aching... Due to the effect of the tablet, she didn't hear Sharad's voice...

NEXT MORNING

The morning alarm is seen ringing in Sharad's suite. His sleep gets disturbed and he gets up... He checks the time and realises he slept till 8 a.m... Thinking Shriya must have left for her camp by now... But then again he chose to check once...

He checks her suite's door... It isn't locked means Shriya is still inside... He knocks on the door and calls her name many times...

Sharad: "Shriya... Please open the door once...Shriya... Shriya... I am sorry ... Please once open the door"...

He gets panicked hearing no response... His mind is having harmful thoughts that Shriya must have done something to herself... He gets restless and shouts stop... He blinks his eyes and calms himself down...

He goes inside his suite and takes the spare key to Shriya's room... He runs from there and unlocks the door...

He sees Shriya sleeping and takes a deep breath realising she is safe... He goes towards her bed and calls her name again... Seeing her not getting up, he sits on the bed and touches her wrist... He gets shocked, feeling her pulse rate low... He touches her forehead and removes his hand quickly as her body is burning...

He shouts " Shriya, wake up... Shriya, you are having a fever... Shriya"... He takes her hand and starts rubbing it against his... Sharad sprinkles drops of water on Shriya's face to make her conscious... She opens her eyes a little and sees Sharad...

Shriya: "What the hell! What are you doing here? What! It's almost going to be 9 am... I am getting late for the camp"...

Shriya tries to get up from the bed but Sharad holds her hand...

Sharad: "Shriya. You are not going anywhere... You are taking rest after visiting the doctor... As you are having a fever"...

Shriya: "I know that... I am a doctor so I can take care of myself... I don't want to talk to strangers... Please leave"...

Shriya gets up from the bed and the moment when her feet touch the ground... She loses her balance and is going to fall when Sharad holds her by her waist... Shriya opens her eyes and sees Sharad holding her... Sharad makes her stand by clasping her hands and then picks her up in the bridal style and moves towards the elevator without speaking a word...

Shriya: "Sharad... Leave me... What do you think you are doing? Let me go... And I don't like to be touched by strangers"...

Sharad: "Shh... That we will discuss later... Now, let's visit the hospital"...

Shriya wriggles in his arms and even bites his hand... Sharad looks at her and chuckles at her antics but doesn't leave her... He brings her to the parking area and makes her sit in the passenger seat and he quickly sits inside while locking the door...

Shriya fumes in anger and looks at him... Sharad just smiles at her and focuses his gaze on the road...

Shriya: "Enough of your caring drama... I don't need your help... I can take care of myself and now stop the car... Now"...

Sharad: "You are having a fever... Let's continue that discussion afterwards"...

Sharad parks the car on the hospital premises and then unlocks the door... Shriya gets down before him and gets down... She walks ahead but her leg doesn't cooperate... She stumbled and was going to fall... But Sharad holds her hand and pulls her towards himself... She lands on his chest...

Sharad looks at her and then clasps her hand with his and they slowly walk inside...

(Inside the doctor's cabin...

The nurse took Shriya's blood sample and they are currently sitting inside the doctor's cabin...

Doctor: "The reports will come by afternoon... Till then, I am prescribing medicine for fever... Take two days rest"...

Sharad and Shriya take doctor's leave... Sharad clasps Shriya's hand and then he makes her sit on the passenger seat...

Sharad was going to sit when his gaze dropped on HER parents...

..............................................................

Stay tuned❤️.

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊