08. Reception

{ MORNING: At Sharad's room}

Sharad had picked up Shriya into his arms and made her sleep on the bed as she was having nightmares at night... Shriya warned him to not touch her again and they started arguing…

Both stop their argument hearing the door knock... Sharad unlocks the door and sees Asha standing... Shriya is still sitting on the bed...

Asha: "Good morning... I hope you both had adequate sleep... Here, it's Shriya's bag... I bought it from the guest room"...

Shriya moves toward Asha and takes the suitcase from her...

Shriya: "No need to do Aunty, I would have gone there myself... But Thank you"...

Asha: "Oh...ok... Get freshened up and then come down for breakfast... Shriya... You are on leave today? And Sharad... You will also take leave today as it's your reception."

Shriya: "Yes... Tomorrow I will join the hospital"...

Sharad: " I will be back early Mom."

Asha nods and leaves from there... Shriya goes to freshen up... Meanwhile, Sharad creates some space to keep Shriya's clothes in the wardrobe...

Shriya comes out from the washroom and stands near the mirror while drying her hair... She leaves her hair loose and heads downstairs...

They all have their breakfast together while discussing the reception... After that Sharad departs towards his office...

{ EVENING at around 5 pm}

Sharad comes back from his office... Asha hands him the tea... And tells him to get ready in Varad's room as Shriya is getting ready in his room...

He nods and after freshening up gets ready in an hour... In Sharad's room, Shriya is almost ready and she comes out of the room... Sharad also comes out at the same time...

They both look at each other at the same time... Varad glances at them and clears his throat... They both look away from each other... And walk at the same time towards the stairs...

Varad moves toward them and makes them hold hands... Both Sharad and Shriya look at their hands and descend the stairs together... Asha notices them together and smiles... She goes near them and puts a black dot behind their ears...

They all leave for the venue... After an hour, they reach the venue... Paparazzi surround their car...

Sharad gets down first and forwards his hand to Shriya... Shriya looks at him with an amused expression... He again gestures for her to hold his hand...She comes out clasping his hand... Rest members also get down...

Sharad gently holds Shriya's waist... Shriya looks at him for an explanation...Sharad whispers in her ears to put on an act in front of the public... They should behave as if they are in love... Shriya nods and smiles at him...

She greets Hemant and Radha there and hugs Deepak... She inquires about Dishan to Deepak and he shakes his head negatively...

They both enter the hall together hand in hand, with both families following them from behind... Petals are showered on them and firecrackers are lit in the sky...

The hall is open, the ground is decorated beautifully and the stage is a sight to see... With live food counters for the guests...

Sharad and Shriya reach the stage and they both fold their hands in front of guests... The function starts after they light the lamp there with their family members...

The media is covering all this live... Particularly the stage region... Shriya maintains a small smile on her face and Sharad clasps her waist from behind gently as they pose for a couple of pics together... Then with their families and companions... Relatives from both sides, well-known businessmen and all also greet the couple on the stage...

To not keep the function boring, numerous games are held for kids, a live food court is opened serving freshly made food items…Music has been played by some artists and some guests grab their spouses and dance...

Varad brings a water bottle and hands it over to the new couple... Shriya gulps down the water quickly...

Deepak has never left Shriya's side by standing a little farther... He knew his sister didn't like anyone touching her other than close ones... Here, she is letting Sharad touch her waist... And how she is faking the smile...

Varad announces dance... And tells Sharad and Shriya to join... Sharad calls Varad near him...

Sharad: "Cancel our dance... We both are not comfortable dancing with each other… Shriya is exhausted... Say like that."

Shriya: "Varad, Can furthermore say that you are also exhausted"...

Sharad: "They all know me very well... So Varad should say that you are tired"
...
They again begin their argument... Seeing this Deepak reaches out and asks them what happened... Varad informs him about the dance...

Varad: "Sharad... Shriya di... Media is concentrating their cameras on you... So, please don't argue... it's just a concern of dance"...

Deepak: "Yes di… I agree with Varad... It's just a dance"...

Both Sharad and Shriya nod... Lights are turned off from the stage and only the spotlight is on the couples... Sharad forwards his hand and Shriya clasps her hand in his… They both move towards the centre of the stage...