29. Fast!!

Sharad brings his face near her face.. and kisses her forehead while whispering 'Good night wifey'...

Varad: "Oh.. I am sorry... I think I came at the wrong time... You both should have locked the door"...

Shriya: "Nothing like that... Varad... You here?"

Varad: 'Di... I want your help and I want to tell you something really important... That's why I came here"...

Sharad: "And what is that? You know I am your brother... You should share it with me"...

Varad: "I know you are my brother... But I want to talk to your wife... And that is Shriya di... Come di... We will talk over on the balcony"...

Sharad: "I will also come with you both... I also want to know what is that important thing"...

Shriya: "No... You should sleep... It's between brother and sister... Let's go, Varad"...

...........

Shriya and Varad reach the terrace and Shriya tells him to speak...

Varad: "Di... About our conversation before your flight to Mumbai... Now, you both have returned... I want your help"...

Shriya: "Oh yes... What's the need for my help... Bring her home and introduce her to your parents... That's all they will agree"...

Varad: "Di... How could you say that easily? What if they don't"......

Shriya: "Shut up bro... Think good first... Bring her home on the first day of puja... Rest we are there to handle... I and your brother... I will tell this to your brother and make him approve"...

Varad: "Di... You are the best dii... Thank you... Thank you so much... I will call and inform her"...

Shriya: "OK... Good night... Everything will be fine"...

Varad smiles and nods his head... Shriya leaves towards her room and unlocks the door... She notices Sharad sleeping on the couch...

She goes near him to wake him up... But seeing him sleeping peacefully she doesn't disturb his sleep and moves towards the bed...

She lies down on the bed while covering herself with a duvet... Sharad opens his eyes, peeks at her sleeping on the bed and smiles...

.............

   (Next morning)

Sharad's sleep gets disturbed by alarm sounds... He checks the time, it's 6 in the morning... Shriya wakes up rubbing her eyes... He wonders why she got up early today... Is she going somewhere?

Sharad: "Shriya... Why did you wake up so early? Sleep for some more time"...

Shriya: "You forgot... It's Janmashtami today... And I am keeping fast today"...

Sharad: "Oh sorry... I forgot... But fast? You recently recovered from a fever"...

Shriya: "I used to keep the fast before also... Nothing to worry about... I will be fine"...

Shriya goes towards the closet and rummages through her sarees to find a simple saree to wear... She selects a white saree with a golden border on it...

Shriya goes to the washroom to freshen up first... Sharad also folds his duvet and keeps it in the closet... He then goes towards the terrace attached to the bedroom taking his phone...

He makes a call and tells his assistant to clear his morning schedule and to keep the meetings after the afternoon...

He was lost in his thoughts looking outside at the street... Some people are jogging with their pets and some are accomplishing their morning exercise... Some are merely strolling...

His thoughts are halted by the knob opening sound... He glances inside the room and sees Shriya... He chuckles looking at her... She is wearing a bathrobe... Shriya looks at him looking at her...

Shriya: "What are you doing here?"

Sharad: "Excuse me... It's my room also... You still didn't learn saree draping... That's why this bathrobe"...

He laughs saying that... Shriya gets angry and goes near bed and throws a cushion towards him... It slams straight into his face...

Sharad: "Calm down angry lioness... I am sorry... I will call Mom to assist you"...

Saying that he runs from there and Shriya smiles and picks up the cushion which is now on the floor...

Asha comes and she also laughs seeing Shriya attempting to hold the saree... Sharad quickly takes his clothes and leaves towards Varad's room before another cushion attack...

...........

Sharad gets ready and goes downstairs towards the living hall... Greeting his dad good morning, he sits taking a newspaper in his hand... Varad also joins them after a few minutes... They all discuss their business when Asha clears her throat standing at the stairs...

Asha and Shriya get down the stairs together... Sharad glances at Shriya and his breath stops seeing her looking like a divine Goddess...

Varad jabs Sharad's arms and tells him to take a breath... Sharad immediately turns his gaze away... Shriya and Asha walk towards them...

Asha tells Shriya to perform puja first and then consume some fruits... Shriya nods and they all go towards their home temple...

First, Asha and Harish perform the aarti followed by Sharad and Shriya... Sharad looks at Shriya lovingly while she gives prasad to all family members...

.............

10 minutes remaining for midnight... Shriya is anxiously waiting for the clock to strike 12... So that she may do the puja and break her fast... She is striding around the living room...

Asha is waiting with Shriya... Harish and Varad already slept... As soon as the clock struck 12... Shriya and Asha leave towards their home temple...

Shriya already adorned the swing for 'Krishna'... She makes the 'Deity' sit on the swing... She begins swaying the swing slowly...

She feels someone holding her hand and the string... She sees Sharad and he smiles at her... Shriya also reciprocates his smile... Asha looks at the couple adoringly and clicks their pic silently...

..............................................................

Destiny: Cute and happy chapters ahead😁😁🤪
Readers: 🥳🥳🥳

Stay tuned❤️.

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊