50. Haldi!!

Guests have already arrived and are seated on the divan which is kept on the lawn… Asha and Harish do the work of welcoming relatives… Varad is seated on the specially decorated seat… A few youths who are the same age as Varad come and greet him… Varad smiles and greets his cousins… Sharad also joins them soon after… 

Arjun also arrives there and he congratulates Varad…  Varad thanks him… Arjun then asks Sharad about Shriya…

Sharad's gaze looks for Shriya and he spots her near Asha… He excuses himself and leaves towards Shriya…

Shriya was discussing something with Asha when Sharad came and clasped his hand with hers…

Sharad: "Mom, will you mind if I take my wife with me?"

Asha chuckles looking at him and then tells him that she will not mind and goes from there…leaving the couple to themselves…

Shriya: "What was that Sharad?"

Sharad: "What Angel… My friends and cousins wanted to meet you so I came to call you"…

Shriya: "But you would have waited for a few minutes na"…

Sharad: "OK then… you talk to Mom… I will leave"…

Sharad turns behind and is going to go when Shriya holds his hand and stops him…

Shriya: "I was just kidding…Now, let's meet your cousins and friends"…

Sharad nods while still holding their hand, and goes towards where Varad is standing with his cousins…

Sharad: "Here, meet my wife Dr. Shriya Goenka"…

Shriya greets them with a smile… The cousins introduce themselves to Shriya… A girl named Vaani also joins them right away and hugs Sharad….

Sharad seems startled at first… He sees Shriya darting at him with gritted teeth… Sharad gulps down the lump in his throat and breaks the hug…

Vaani: "I missed you, Sharad… How are you?"

Sharad: "I am fine Vaani… How have you been?"

Vaani: "I am now fine after meeting you"… 

Shriya looks at Vaani glaring… She asks Varad who she is.

Varad: "Di…  She is Vaani… She was Sharad's classmate… and a good friend"…

Sharad sees Shriya glaring and he apologetically smiles at her… Shriya leaves from there…

Sharad excuses Vaani and goes behind Shriya to pursue her… Here, Varad and Arjun break into laughter looking at Sharad following Shriya…

……..

'Haldi' functions start and Asha first applies haldi to her son… Harish also follows her and applies haldi on his face, arms and legs…

Sharad and Shriya also take their turn applying the paste… As soon as all the relatives are done…  Sharad looks at Shriya but she averts her gaze…

Sharad motions to Arjun and he smirks while going… He comes and hands over the bucket to Sharad….

On the count of three, Sharad and Arjun pour the entire bucket's content into Varad's head…  Varad looked no less than a joker as he got completely coloured and drenched by water…

The guests start giggling among themselves looking at Varad… Asha and Harish get stunned at first but then end up breaking into a heartfelt laugh…

Rubbing his face with his handkerchief, Varad glares at Sharad and Arjun as they both are laughing like maniacs…

Varad: "I will see you both"…