43. Engagement!!

Sharad introduces those ladies as his relatives to Shriya. Shriya smiles and greets them...  All the elder ladies praise Shriya except one...

Lady:  "Ohh... So she is your wife? Hn... My daughter was best for you... But what to say, your fate is bad...  You shouldn't have rejected my daughter"... 

Sharad: "No Aunty... No doubt, your daughter is the best… But for me... My wife is the best... It's my good fortune or I say good luck or some miracle as I got Shriya as my wife... Your daughter and I were never meant to be... I was meant to be for Shriya and she is meant for me... We both are very happy and content with each other... We want your blessings only... Now, please excuse us"...

Sharad smiles and clasps Shriya's hand with his and leaves with her... Shriya stares at Sharad and he takes her near the table... He smiles looking at her...

Shriya: "What was that?"

Sharad: "You also know what it was... No one... I repeat no one should disrespect my wife... Not even me"... 

Asha: "Did something happen? You both are so tense"...

Shriya: "Nothing Maa... No one said anything... It's just we were checking if all the gifts are here"...

Asha nods and then tells them that Smrithi's family will arrive anytime and tells them to join her in welcoming them...

             ( Smrithi's dress)

Smrithi with Shree and her husband arrive first with their relatives following them behind... Asha along with Harish, Sharad and Shriya stands to welcome them...

Asha and Shree embrace each other and their respective husbands greet each other... Varad and Smrithi look at each other and smile...

Varad gestures to Smrithi that she is looking beautiful... Smrithi blushes under his gaze... Shree just smiles at Shriya and ignores Sharad...

Asha makes Smrithi and Varad stand next to each other and then she performs some rituals.... Shree also does the same... Both Sharad and Shriya look at the couple adoringly standing next to each other...

Sharad and Shriya look at each other and they think about their temple marriage which happened without any ceremonies...

Asha gestures to Shriya to bring the ring boxes... Shriya handed over the box to Varad...  Varad and Smrithi exchange rings with a huge smile on their faces...

All family members congratulate Varad and Smrithi... Sharad embraces Varad and Shriya embraces Smrithi and welcomes her to the family...

Sharad: "What do you say? The new couple should have a dance na"...

Everyone nods and cheers for Varad and Smrithi... Varad forwards his hand for Smrithi...

Varad: "May I have the opportunity to dance with you, my lady?"

Smrithi's blushes and nods her head yes.  Music is played and the couple moves towards the centre...  Varad and Smrithi dance gracefully without breaking eye contact...

Everyone hoots and claps for them when the song ends... Varad and Smrithi move towards Sharad and Shriya...

Varad announces another performance of Sharad and Shriya... Sharad and Shriya look towards each other and nod their heads yes...

Sharad goes near her and whispers in her ears," May I dance with my angel?" Shriya also whispers back in his ears "Yes"... Sharad and Shriya intertwine their hands and they both move towards the centre of the stage not before announcing Varad - Smrithi and Asha - Harish also to join...

Asha and Harish first disagree and after their sons and daughters persuasion... They agree...   Song plays...

Chukaar gayi
Teri chuhaaan...
Beheke hu mein aur
Meheka hai maan...

Maare khushi kee
Maar jaun naa...
Pagal banayee
Yeh ishqpun...
.
Puree badaan pe tera naam chal raha hai
Dekho na pyaar pyaar pyaar likh rahaaa
.
Yeh woh khushi hai jo
ye dil hi jaanta haiii

Sassoon se in dhadkano tak
Palko ki jhapki tale
Yaha waha
Hai tu
Mujhme rawa
Hai tu
Yaha wah
Hai tu
Mujheme rawa
Hai tu
Yaha wah...

..........................

The song stops but Sharad and Shriya are busy staring at each other's eyes... Varad clears his throat looking at them... Both realise their closeness and Shriya steps back... 

After having dinner, the guests i.e. close relatives all left... Only Smrithi, Shree and her husband are remaining... They all are sitting in the living hall...

Asha: "Shree... I think we all should visit our village's temple together and pray for our children's happiness... Varad and Smrithi should perform the puja together there"...

Shree: "You are right Asha... Smrithi will join you all... You know na... I can't leave my house and come... So you all take Smrithi along with you all"...

Asha understands what Shree meant and they all agree... Asha tells Sharad and Shriya to join and they decide that they will be going on the coming Sunday which is exactly a week later...

..........................

Shriya is trying to untangle the strings of her blouse while standing in front of the mirror... Sharad comes from the washroom and sees Shriya...

Shriya on being Sharad asks him to help her... Sharad smiles and stands behind her... Shriya shivers on feeling Sharad's fingers on her back... While Sharad's gaze is focused on her through the mirror...

Shriya: "Sharad... You remember... Earlier when I asked you for help and what you said"...

Sharad: "I remember... I helped you na after having silly arguments... But you started it... You should have simply called me by my name, not 'Oyee'...

Shriya: "No... We hated each other at that time... That's why we both behaved rudely with each other"...

Sharad:  "Ya... We hated each other... But now what do you feel for me? Is it still hate or turned into something more?"

Shriya: "I... I"...

..............................................................

Stay tuned❤️.

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊