59. Insecurity!!

….. In the dining hall….

After Sharad and Shriya left without having breakfast, Asha understood the reason why Shriya left like that… She hopes and prays that the couple doesn't misunderstand each other and ruin what's between them…

Her thoughts halt when Smitha asks her when and how Sharad got married…

Asha: "4 months… They got married 4 months ago"…

Smitha: "Oh… nice to hear… You all seem to have moved on… I am the only one who was unconscious and hoping that… that accident was merely a dream and not reality… I lost everything with that"…

Asha: "Yes… we had to move on… How long a mother can see her son mourning… So I had to take that huge step… And it turned out to be the best decision for Sharad"…

Smitha: "Glad to hear… it's not your fault also… You all have believed that I was dead… If known, then the situation would have changed"…

Smrithi: "Di… You also should move on… Give life a second chance"…

Smitha: "It's not easy as you say Smrithi… It's tough… To give life another chance when you can't forget and move on from the past… It's ok… leave it… I just came here to meet you properly… I will take your leave then"…

Smrithi: "Di… Please stay for some time… I want to talk to you and spend some time with you"…

Smrithi looks at Varad for assurance… asking if he is okay with… Varad smiles at her… Smitha also agrees…

********

In the cafe…

Sharad: "Shriya… What happened? Why are you not talking to me and dodging me? Did I do anything wrong?"

Shriya: "Sharad… I think we should get a divorce"…

Stunned Sharad looks at Shriya thinking if what he heard was true…

Sharad: "Shriya… What are you saying? And why are you saying that?"

Shriya: "I am serious Sharad… We should get a divorce"…

Sharad: "Hmm… Okay… If that's what you want… then divorce is it… Let's go to the lawyer's office from here and apply for it again"…

Shriya: "Are you ok? You are not mad? With me?"

Sharad: "Yes… I am damn furious with you… why is it always you Shriya? Can't I decide once? We gave our marriage an opportunity and I fell for you… Now that I have confided my feelings… You are speaking about getting a divorce… Tell me Shriya… What did I do wrong? Am I not worthy enough for you and for your love?"

Shriya: "You didn't do anything wrong Sharad… You are taking me wrong"…

Sharad: "Then why dammit? I have genuine feelings for you… I do… I love you, Shriya… I know somewhere in the corner of your heart, you have that feeling for me… What's stopping you Shriya? Why this sudden divorce and all? Wait… Is it because of Smitha"…

Deciding to stay silent, Shriya focuses her gaze on the food… confirming Sharad’s doubt…

Sharad: "So Smitha is the reason, isn't it? Will you look at me Shriya?"

Hearing him, Shriya looks at Sharad and he moves his chair beside her…

Sharad: "Did you ever feel uncomfortable with me?"

Shriya responds with no and Sharad asks if she feels that he is lying about his feelings to her.

Shriya: "I didn't say that"…

Sharad: "But your response said that now… You didn't say no either... as you said to my earlier question… I know you must be feeling that I still have feelings for Smitha and I didn't move on completely… But that's not true Shriya…  I know I have treated and hurt you badly before… But after knowing you… I am falling in love with you every day"…

Shriya: "Those feelings will fade Sharad'…

Sharad: "I have the answer to your question… But, I want you to answer me first… Do you have feelings for me? Just answer yes or no"…

Shriya: "Yes… I do… That's why I am asking for divorce, Sharad… These feelings will only hurt at the end"… 

Sharad: "Are you afraid that Smitha will come and take your place in my life?"

Shriya nods her head in yes… Sharad understands that she is insecure about their relationship…

Sharad: "I will not assure you or say some cheesy words to make you feel secure… I will prove it with my actions… Will you give me another chance to prove that, Shriya?"

Shriya: "Yes… But first, do what you said… Drop me in the hospital"…

Shared chuckles and thanked her by kissing her knuckles while staring at her...  Clasping her hand with his, they both leave the cafe…

Sharad drops her off at the hospital and then drives towards his work…

******

In the evening…

Standing in front of his car, Sharad waits for Shriya impatiently…  As soon as he sees her coming he smiles at her…Seeing him smiling, Shriya also reciprocates his smile… She sits on the seat and Sharad drives the car…

Sharad: "How was your day today? You had lunch on time na?"

Shriya: "The Day was good and ya I had lunch… Just feeling a little exhausted…what about yours?"

Sharad: "It was good… After reaching home, you should rest for some time"…

Shriya nods positively and then she leans on the seat to rest for some time…

*****

Sharad wakes Shriya up and tells her that they have reached… Helping her get out of the car, they both go inside hand in hand…

Asha smiles looking at them…  Shriya loosens her hold on Sharad when she sees Smitha there sitting on the couch and looking intently at them…

Confused by the sudden change in her demeanour, Sharad follows Shriya’s gaze and sees Smitha… Understanding her inner dilemma, Sharad informs about Shriya’s tiredness… Asha tells them to rest…

*****

After freshening up, Shriya sits on the couch… Sharad asks her if she is feeling relaxed now… She responds yes…  A Door knock stops their talks as they both focus their gaze towards the person…

Seeing Smitha standing there holding the tea tray, both get stunned…

..............................................................

Stay tuned❤️

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊