28. A Chance!!

(After 2 days)

Shriya bid bye to her fellow doctors there in the camp and then her cab arrived... She was lost in her thoughts that now she would have to share the room with Sharad till the divorce...

Her thoughts were busted by her phone ringing... She picks up the call on seeing Sharad's name...

Sharad: "Shriya... Come down... I am waiting for you outside your camp"...

Shriya: "What? Sharad... I am in the cab now going towards the airport"...

Sharad: "You knew na I would have come to pick you up"...

Shriya: "I know... And I intentionally left early"...

Sharad: "Okay... I will meet you at the airport then"
...
Saying this, he disconnected the call while driving towards the airport.

............

They board the flight together and their seats are adjacent... Sharad smiles at her and Shriya ignores him like she doesn't know him...
Shriya plugs her earphones in and rests her head on the seat while closing her eyes...

Sharad just stares at her sleeping peacefully... He wants this moment to remain eternally and he desires to see this scene every dawn with Shriya...

Flight's landing announcement is made and Shriya opens her eyes and sees that she has rested her head on Sharad's shoulder and he is also sleeping resting his head on the seat... Their hands are intertwined...

She tries removing her hand from his tight grip... Sharad opens his eyes and sees her toiling to remove her hand... He gets up and leaves her hand...

Shriya sees Sharad and then averts her gaze from him and looks outside... Sharad sighs glimpsing at her...

..................

After an hour's drive from the airport, both reach their home... Varad carried their bags inside and Sharad and Shriya were made to stand at the entrance of the door by Asha...

She does their aarti and welcomes them inside... They all are sitting in the living room... Asha asks them about their trip and about which places they visited...

Sharad and Shriya look at each other with hurt and then both speak simultaneously that they enjoyed the place... Shriya then says that they only visited two places as she was busy in the camp...

Asha then tells them to freshen up... Both Shriya and Sharad go towards his home...

Varad has kept their bags on the bed... Shriya takes her clothes and walks inside the washroom straightaway...

Sharad also removes his clothes from the bag and goes towards Varad's room to freshen up...

...........

After dinner, Asha tells them that she wants to talk to all of them about something important... Sharad, Varad and Harish sit in the living room... Shriya and Asha are in the kitchen...

Asha: "Shriya beta... Did something happen between you and Sharad... I mean did you both fight?"

Shriya: "No Aunty... We are fine"

Asha: "It's ok beta... I am your Mom... And I know you both... I am not taking his side and neither is yours... But as Sharad''s mom... I will only say that he had suffered the worst pain in his life by losing someone... That's not my part to tell... I hope Sharad will reveal that to you... I just want to say that, please try to understand him"...

Shriya doesn't say anything and just nods her head... Asha blesses her by keeping her hand on her head... And leaves from the kitchen...

Shriya is now sure about his past and she thinks of asking him... But then decides against it... That if he wants he will... She decides to not hurt him more... So that they can stay peaceful for the remaining four months...

Asha calls her to come towards the hall and Shriya goes towards them... Asha makes her sit near her...

Asha: "I am thinking of bringing 'Bappa' to our home on this 'Ganesh Chaturthi'..."

They all discuss and then agree... Shriya whispers something in Asha's ear... Asha then assures her that it's fine and she will manage...

Asha stops Sharad and tells him that she wants to talk to him alone and asks him to come to her room... Shriya and Varad leave for their rooms...

Harish, Asha and Sharad enter the room and Sharad asks what's the matter... Asha makes him sit and tells him to lie on her lap...

She caresses Sharad's hair and asks him the same question... Is there any problem between Shriya and him... Sharad looks shocked at first and then nods...

Sharad reveals to them what he did on that day... He also reveals that he is feeling guilty and Shriya has not forgiven him yet...

Harish: "Son... We can't do anything... You both should solve your differences... We only can give you both advice and nothing else...Shriya is broken beta... She also has been forced by Hemant for this marriage... She also has a past which is her part to tell... I just want you to understand her and respect her... Rest, you both will complete each other... That I know"...
...... .......

Sharad after talking to his parents, reaches his room upstairs... He sees Shriya going towards the couch... He calls her name and stands near her...

Sharad: "Shriya... You should sleep on the bed... I will take the couch"...

Shriya: "I am having a fever... Not you... You forgot you only told me that it's your bed on the first day itself. You enjoy your bed... I am habituated to the couch"...

Sharad: "Shriya... I know we can't be friends anymore... I don't want to be your friend... I am willing to give this marriage a chance and I will be your husband... I will earn your forgiveness like a husband does"...

Shriya: "I will think about it... About giving it a chance and will tell you my decision soon... But"...

Sharad: "I know what are you going to say... I will not ask for any rights from you till you willingly consider me as your husband"...

Shriya nods and Sharad brings his face near her face.. and kisses her forehead while whispering 'Good night wifey'...

Varad: "Oh.. I am sorry... I think I came at the wrong time... You both should have locked the door"...

..............................................................

Destiny: Let's make the characters happy...
#Shrishad: 🥳🥳

What's going on in Destiny's mind? Give a guess...

Stay tuned❤️.

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊