24. Not a date!!

It's around 7 in the evening and our Shriya is getting ready for a dinner date with her new best friend Sharad... Uff her husband... Sharad... But these two are behaving only as friends...

(Author: Need to bring a hurricane in their life to make them realise😒)

Humming her favourite song, she glimpses at herself in the mirror again... She is wearing a maroon gown-type dress and has applied only eyeliner and lip gloss…

Her thoughts get diverted by her cell phone... Seeing the caller's name she grins as she has saved his number as Sharad with a 🦍 emoji... Picking up the call she hears Sharad's voice asking her if she is ready and then to come towards the parking area... Responding yes, she disconnects the call... She changed that emoji which she saved into a smiley one😊...

She grabs her handbag and after locking her room's door... She goes towards the parking area and notices Sharad leaning on the car speaking to someone on the call...
Seeing Shriya coming towards him, Sharad cuts the call... He grins at her when she stands near him... He compliments her look and she blushes hearing him...

Shriya: "There was no need to cut the call... I could have waited na"...

Sharad: "That call is not important now... You are important now my new friend... Let's go"...

Shriya chuckles and sits inside the car... While Sharad drives off towards their destination...

Shriya: "Sharad... Where are we going? At least disclose the place"...

Sharad: "It's a surprise Shriya... and surprises are not meant to be revealed... Just sit relaxed for some time and you will come to know soon"...

Shriya: "Fine... Don't say... I should have not agreed that day for the date... Remember, how you called me and messaged me continuously"
...
Sharad: "You are very adamant... Yes... I called you when you were busy and I am sorry for that... But what you did, you shouted at me when I said sorry"...

Shriya: "That was your fault na... You shouldn't have called at that time... If I call you when you are in the middle of the conference... How would you react?"

Sharad: "I would have excused myself for a few seconds and would have picked up your calls"...

Shriya: "Good... I have to try calling you... I didn't pick up the call at that time because I was conversing with a patient"...

Sharad: "Leave that topic now... We almost reached"...

Shriya turns her face to another side and looks outside the window... Seeing the place she frowns...

Sharad parks his car in the parking area and then after getting down he goes towards Shriya and forwards his hand to her... She holds his hand with a small frown...

Sharad: "What happened? Why did you suddenly become dull?"

Shriya: "Nothing... Let's go"...

Shriya was going ahead when Sharad pulled her hand towards him... Her back is facing his chest... Sharad makes Shriya turn while clasping her waist...

Sharad: "Now tell me what happened?"

Shriya: "Nothing Sharad... I am fine... Let's go inside the restaurant"...

Sharad: "Wait... We are not going inside the restaurant... If I wanted to take you to a restaurant then I would have called you to my place only na... Here, I brought you so that you can meet two special people"...

Shriya: "Oh... Who are those special people?"

Sharad with his finger points out at a house nearby... He clasps her hand and then they both go towards that house.  
Sharad rings the doorbell while still clasping Shriya's hand... An elderly woman opens the door and smiles looking towards Sharad...

Lady: "Sharad... You are here... What a pleasant surprise!... Shekar, see who came to visit us"...

An old man sitting in a wheelchair comes towards them while smiling at Sharad...

Sharad: "How are you both? I am sorry for not coming to meet you both... I went to Manali and returned a week before... Uncle, the Aunty, meet my wife Shriya"...

Shriya greets them and smiles at them...
That lady touches Shriya's face and puts a black dot behind her ear... Lady invites them inside and they both sit on the couch...

Lady: "Sharad... I am happy that you moved on from her and got married... Is it an arranged or love marriage?"

Sharad and Shriya both look towards each other... Shriya guesses who this girl lady is also referring to...

Sharad: "It's an arranged marriage... Our parents arranged for us as our fathers are friends... We approved"
...
Lady: "Good to know about that... Shriya, what happened?"

Shriya: "Nothing Aunty... I am fine"
...
Lady tells them to sit and till then she will arrange dinner for them... Lady serves dinner for them... She tells Shriya about Sharad and how they met and that Sharad is son-like to them...

After having dinner there... Sharad and Shriya take their leave... They reach towards Sharad's car...

Shriya: "Sharad... Can we go for a walk here"...

Sharad: "Ya sure... Come"...

They both start walking side by side... Gazing at each other and thinking whether they should hold each other's hand...

Shriya: "Sharad... Can I ask you something personal?"

Sharad: "Hmm what?"

Shriya: "Today Aunty said that you moved on from that girl... And even your Mom also mentioned a girl the day before I came here... When I questioned they changed the topic... I asked Varad... He told me that it's your secret to reveal"...

Sharad fumes in anger and looks at her... He holds her arms angrily while piercing his nails...

..............................................................

You all thought the date would be romantic... But I spoiled it...😁😁
Next part you guess...

Stay tuned❤️

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊