33. Smrithi!!

Shriya unlocks her room door and sees Sharad also arriving... She goes towards the balcony and stands there... Sharad also stood there holding the railing... They both stood for a few seconds silently...Sharad was going to break the silence but Shriya pointed her finger outside and they both peeked outside...

They smile looking at Varad and a girl hugging each other…

Shriya: "Sharad... They both are so happy together… I hope Uncle and Aunty agree"…

Sharad turns towards her and tells her to not worry... Sharad was going to leave when Shriya held his hand... Sharad looks at her...

Shriya: "Sharad, I have decided to forgive you and give this relationship a chance… but"…

Sharad: "I am so happy Shriya… but what Shriya… don't worry… I will never make you regret giving us and this relationship a  chance"…

Shriya: "But on one condition and that is I will observe your behaviour with me for 5 days…We both will spend some time each day… And on the 5th day, that is on the day of Visarjan I will tell you my last decision… Now, let's go downstairs… Everyone would be waiting for us"...

Her phone rings at that time and Shriya smiling picks up the call… Shriya puts the call on the speaker and Sharad also listens…

Varad: "Where are you Di? I am in the living hall waiting for you and bhai… Mom and Dad are here... I am waiting for you both... She is also here"...

Shriya says that they are coming and then disconnects the call, Shriya and Sharad go downstairs towards the living hall…

Shriya notices Varad and that girl sitting on the couch… She was wearing a purple dress... Asha and Harish sat opposite them and they had a puzzled face noticing that girl… Sharad sits near his parents and Shriya sits near that girl and smiles at her while she also reciprocates that smile…

Varad: "Mom, Dad… Meet Smrithi… We both love each other and want to marry each other with your blessings"...

Asha and Harish look startled hearing Varad… While Sharad and Shriya remain calm…
Varad looks at Shriya worriedly and Shriya assures him with her eyes…

Asha: "You have done wrong Varad… I am against this relationship and your Dad also agrees with me"...

Harish also nods his head… Sharad and Shriya look dumbfounded hearing them …

Harish: "Varad… I am very disappointed today with you… Like Sharad, I wanted you to have an arranged marriage… I wanted you to marry my friend's daughter"…

Asha: "Yes… Harish… when he has decided everything then let him do that… Why are his old parents needed?"

Varad: "Mom… Dad.. Why are you saying that? Di and Bhai say something… Please
convince them"…

Shriya: "Aunty… Uncle… Please agree with them… They both love each other… I am sure they will be very happy together"…

Sharad also tries to convince his parents and even Shriya and Varad join him… Seeing all of them trying to convince them… Asha starts laughing hearing them… Harish also smiles looking at them…

Asha: "You all have done a good job trying to persuade...me... But tell me one thing, when was I against love marriage? We agree to this marriage but...  Smrithi... Do your parents know about your relationship?"

Smrithi: "I am an orphan Aunty... Mom and Dad died when I was 10... I live with my uncle and aunt and consider them as my parents... And I didn't tell them about us"...

Asha: "You should soon disclose beta... Would you mind if we arrived at your house bringing Varad's marriage proposal for you"...

Smrithi: "No Aunty... This way they would have no objections... Thank you so much"...

Asha: "Okay... Then we will soon visit your house... Now, let's have lunch... Smrithi, please join us"...

Smrithi agrees and they all take their seats... Smrithi stands there wondering where to sit... Shriya calls Smrithi near her... Smrithi smiles and sits beside Shriya... They all have their lunch silently...

Asha tells Varad to drop Smrithi home... After they leave, Asha goes to the kitchen to prepare 'Prasad'... Shriya also joins her after changing into comfortable wear...

.........................

Shriya is fast asleep on the bed and Sharad is on the couch lying down and pondering if Shriya will change her decision or not...

"Please don't go... Please don't leave me"... Sharad woke up with a jolt hearing this... He recognised Shriya's voice... He goes towards the bed and switches on the table lamp which is near the bed...

Sharad sees Shriya crying and speaking those words... Sharad sits near her and holds her hand...

Sharad: "Shriya... I am here... I am not going anywhere leaving you... Shriya... See I am here beside you"...

Shriya opens her eyes and gets stunned after first looking at Sharad... She gets up and sees Sharad holding her hand...

Sharad: "It's a bad dream Shriya... Forget it... I am here with you"...

Shriya: "It's a nightmare, Sharad... I get it almost every day... You will not leave me na like everyone did?"...

Sharad: "I will never leave you, Jaan... Now, sleep I am here only"...

Shriya nods and lies down on the bed... Sharad gets up and covers her with a duvet and he is going towards the couch when Shriya stops him by holding his hand and tells him to stay near her...

Sharad: "Shriya... I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable... You sleep here... I will sleep on the couch"...

Shriya: "You didn't make me feel uncomfortable ever"...

Sharad: "Are you sure?"

Shriya nods her head... Sharad smiles and kisses her forehead... Shriya closes her eyes feeling at peace... Sharad lies down on the other side of the bed by maintaining a safe distance...

Sharad thinks about what must be her nightmare… He first thinks of asking her but then decides against it…  He sees Shriya has closed her eyes…  he turns his face towards her and then closes his eyes…

..............................................................

So here is Smrithi... Someone connected to the person who was Sharad's past...

Is she a grey character or a good character??? What do you all think?

From now on... Get ready for the past to unveil... Feelings and games... Past meets present........

Stay tuned❤️

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊