05. Ignoring!!

{ PRESENT AFTER MARRIAGE...
I am not repeating the marriage scenes here again as it's already written in the prologue(1st chapter)... And the flashback scenes will come in between}

   The priest announced that the marriage was complete and Sharad and Shriya were told to take the blessings of the elder...

Both take blessings of the elder and then Radha goes near Shriya and gives advice to her... Shriya didn't pay any heed to it as her mind was blank... Not knowing what to do...

Hemant and Radha make Shriya sit in the car with Sharad... Varad drives the car... Both are looking outside the window not wanting to look and talk with the other person...

Both are in the same situation... Shriya doesn't know that Sharad has also been forced into this marriage and likewise Sharad also doesn't know why Shriya agreed...

Varad clears his throat and looks at the couple behind... They turn their face towards Varad at the same time...

Varad: "Sharad... Bhabhi... We reached home".

Shriya: "You can call me by my name... Shriya... No need for formalities"...

Varad: Ohk... But I will add dii with it... You are my sister like"...

Shriya nods and they both are made to stand near the entrance... Asha comes near them and does their aarti... Harish and Varad stand on either side of Asha...  Shriya kicks the rice pot kept at the entrance with her right leg... Sharad was going to go inside when Asha stopped him...

(Sharad and Shriya's wedding attire)

Asha: "Sharad... There's a ritual left... You have to carry your wife in your arms till temple"...

Sharad: "What! I very well remember there was no such ritual in Bhai's marriage"...

Asha: "They must have not followed that ritual... Even your Dad carried me in my arms... Come on... Shriya must be tired standing... Pick her up"...

He sighs and picks Shriya in bridal style... Shriya holds Sharad's shoulder for support while glaring at him... Sharad doesn't even look at her... He reaches near the house's temple and puts Shriya down... Asha tells Shriya and Sharad to light the lamps and take blessings...

After taking blessings they are told to sit on the couch... Sharad straightaway goes to his room... Asha tells Shriya to come with her and takes her to the guest room to freshen up...

Shriya locks the door and stands near the mirror... Her life changed completely in one day... Now, she is married and is wearing the nuptial chain tied by Sharad... Her husband...

Her mind telling her that it's been a forced marriage so he is not her husband and she is not his wife... Her heart telling her to accept whatever happened and start a new life... Accept this marriage...

In the battle of mind and the heart... Mind won and she decided to take a decision soon... Someone knocked on the door and she opened it... Asha handed over a set of new dresses for her to wear...

Shriya changes into a comfortable dress and then she goes towards the living room... Rest members were sitting and having tea... Shriya went near them and sat on the couch there... Asha hands her the teacup...

Asha: "Shriya... You have to stay in the guest room today as before puja you cannot shift to Sharad's room... Tomorrow early morning around 6, we will leave for the temple...Shriya, you will have to wear a saree tomorrow"...

Shriya just nods not knowing what to say... She doesn't know how to wear a saree properly...

Sharad: "Mom... Am I needed in this puja?"

Asha: "Am I the newly married one?... You are the groom and you are needed and you both as a couple have to do puja"...

{ NEXT MORNING }

After lots of tossing and turning... Having the same nightmare...  Shriya slept around 3 am... Her sleep was disturbed by continuous knocks on her room door...

She opened her eyes and then realized where she was... Neither in her silent apartment nor in Hemant's house where she used to sleep till 9 am...

She checked the time it was 4:30 in the morning... She opened the door and saw Asha standing with a few sarees with her... Shriya lets Asha in the room...

Asha: "Sorry beta... I had to wake you up early... But you have to take a bath first and then wear a saree... Now, from this select a saree"...

Shriya: "No Aunty... Radha Aunty may have packed sarees for me in the bag... I will pick one from that"...

Asha: "You can call me maa beta... You are like my daughter... These sarees are for you only... So you can wear whatever you want"...

Shriya: "Sorry Aunty... I don't like to call any other person Maa since my Mom died"... 

Asha: "It's ok beta... I can understand your feelings... But consider me as your mother only... I will be there for you whenever my this daughter needs me"...

Shriya smiles and nods...Asha leaves from there and Shriya closes the door behind and then goes to the washroom...

.......

Sharad's sleep was also broken because of his mother...  She woke him up and told him to get ready fast...

It was around 5:30 when Sharad got ready and came downstairs... He went and sat on the couch in the living room... Varad, Harish and Asha also come after getting ready...

Asha: "Where is Shriya? Maybe she is getting ready... Sharad... Go and see her if she is ready"...

Sharad: "Mom... Why should I go?"

Asha: "Because she is your wife and you are her husband... Now, go"...

Sharad frowns and goes towards the guest's room... The door was open so he was going to knock before going in but stood rooted in his place...

.............,................................................

DO YOU LIKE READING THIS STORY??

Stay tuned☺️. Till then keep reading...

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY☺️