56. Confession!!

................Reception…......................

After the cake-cutting, relatives swarm over on the stage to greet the new couple…

Shriya and Sharad get down and join Asha and Harish while sitting on the divan in the first row…  Sharad asks Shriya if she is comfortable and if she needs anything… Shriya smiles and replies that she is comfortable…

To not make the reception boring, the host announces the newlywed couple to dance…  Getting up, Varad nods and forwards his hand to Smrithi…

Clasping his hand, she gets up and they move towards the centre… The song is being played and the couple moves to its rhythm…

As the song ends, a huge clapping and cheering sound fills the air… Varad goes towards the host and takes his microphone, he announces Sharad and Shriya to join them for another dance on the stage…

Sharad responds negatively… But then Smrithi also requested them to join…   Reluctantly, Sharad and Shriya agree…

They move towards them hand in hand and then another song plays as both couples dance…

Hey Hey, Ey Ey Ey Ey Hey Hey Hey Hey......

Tumhe Pata Toh Hoga, Tumhi Pe Main Fida Hoon...
Tumhe Hai Jabse Chaaha, Hawaaon Mein Udata Hoon...
Tumhi Mere Har Pal Mein, Tum Aaj Mein, Tum Kal Mein...

Hey Shona, Hey Shona, Hey Shona, Hey Shona…

Tumhe Pata Toh Hoga Ke Mere Dil Mein Kya Hai...
Chalo Kahe Deti Hoon, Kabhi Nahi Jo Kahaan Hai...
Tumhi Mere Har Pal Mein, Tum Aaj Mein, Tum Kal Mein...

Hey Shona, Hey Shona, Hey Shona, Hey Shona….

The song ends and again the hall gets filled with clapping and cheering sounds for both the couples…

********* 

The dinner buffet is kept open for the guests and relatives as they move towards it…   The dinner was quite an extravagant affair…

Only family members and close members stay back while the guests have started leaving… Varad and Smrithi sit for some time as they are tired of posing for pictures…

The light gets dimmed all of a sudden…  And the flashlight falls on the centre of the stage where Sharad is standing…

Shriya gets baffled seeing Sharad standing at the centre holding the microphone in his hands…

Sharad: "Must be confused on seeing me on the stage and that too after guests left and with lights dim… So my close family members, I am here to make a special confession to my special one"…

Asha, Harish, and Varad smile realising what Sharad is saying… Vaani stands there fuming and Smrithi has a neutral expression on her face…

Shriya stands puzzled as everyone is looking at her… Sharad gets down from the stage and moves towards Shriya…

Flashlight falls on both of them, making them the centre of the attraction… Sharad kneels in front of Shriya, holding the microphone near his lips and speaks again…

Sharad: "Shriya… I don't know what to say when I am truly standing in front of you…  The speech I practised mentally and in front of the mirror, I forgot that…  Never mind, I will let my heart take the reins and speak what it says"… 

Shriya just stares at him and doesn't say anything… After a long pause, Sharad continues…

Sharad:  "I remember the circumstances in which we got betrothed, I was emotionally blackmailed by my Mom at that time…  I didn't want to get involved with anyone. I didn't have the time or energy, and I wasn't sure that I was ready for it. But you were so good to me, and I got swept up in that. And little by little, I found myself falling for you… The way we fought at the beginning for every small thing, the way we… mostly you pranked me… That key hiding one…  The way we became friends and I messed up that badly and then I convinced you… You agreed… the way you accepted my parents as your own and called them Mom and Dad… Even though you never called anyone that… The way you accepted my brother as your own and made me accept his relationship… The way you wanted ‘us’ to give a chance to our relationship… And in all this, Mrs Shriya Sharad Goenka… I fell in love with you… I love you Shriya…
So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be hard; we're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, every day. You and me... every day…  Will you accept my love? Will you reciprocate my feelings in the future? Will you marry me again Shriya?"

Shriya stands stunned… her face is devoid of any emotions… Varad whistles loudly… Smrithi claps seeing them…

Varad: "Shriya di… Please answer quickly… we all are waiting to hear… And even Sharad's knees must be hurting"…

Shriya was going to speak when someone called ‘ Sharad’s name loudly…

Turning around, they all look at that person and stand stunned except Shriya…

..............................................................

Destiny: You all must have already guessed that person😅😁🤪...

Your guess is correct👍😆

How was the confession? It's destiny's pure feelings☺️🤭🙈...

Do review and let me know...

Stay tuned❤️.

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY☺️