58. Distance!!

Smitha: "Mom… Tell me what did I do wrong? Why had fate played such a cruel game with me? I was happy… I was happy about my engagement… But then fate snatched my happiness and everything from me… It snatched my love… It snatched 2 years of my life… It snatched my happiness… It would be good if fate had snatched my life from me. At Least I would be happy there"…

Shree embraces her daughter in a hug and tells her to not speak like that as her parents are still there for her… Telling Smrithi to take care of herself, Shree leaves with Smitha to their home…

After they leave, Asha tells all of them that it's already late and tells them to rest…

*********

Sitting on the bed, Sharad waits for Shriya as she is freshening up… After a few minutes, Shriya comes out and sees Sharad still hasn't slept yet… Sighing, she sits on her side of the bed…

Sharad: "Shriya"…

Shriya: "Sharad… please not again… I am feeling sleepy… You should also sleep"…

Without waiting for his response, Shriya, covering herself with the duvet, lies on the bed with her face facing the opposite side… Seeing Shriya sleeping facing the other side, Sharad also lies down facing the other side…

He wanted to talk to her and clear things up… But fate has other plans it seems…

On the other side, Shriya wipes her tears… and makes a mental note to distance herself from Sharad… As it will save her from getting hurt…  She overthinks whether she did anything wrong by stopping the divorce procedure… Her heart disagrees but her mind warns her that divorce will be the best solution for all…

***********

Rubbing her eyes, Shriya sees Sharad is fast asleep… She smiles looking at his sleeping figure… Remembering her decision to distance herself from Sharad, she wakes up and tiptoes towards the washroom to finish her morning duties…

Shared opened his eyes and smiled sadly as Shriya went… He didn't even sleep an ounce yesterday… His mind was racing with unnecessary thoughts…   When he saw Shriya opening her eyes, he quickly pretended to sleep…

Determined to talk to Shriya today itself, he gets up and makes his bed…

*******

After freshening up, Sharad searches for Shriya on the terrace… On not finding her there, he goes downstairs…

Understanding her strategy of avoiding him, he moves towards the kitchen… Knowing very well, his wife will be in the kitchen helping his Mom…

Seeing her in the kitchen alone, he moves towards her… Her back is facing him as she is busy boiling the water for the tea in the vessel…

Standing behind her, he calls her name and she startles… Turning around and seeing Sharad she relaxes…

Sharad: "Shriya… why are you avoiding me?"

Shriya: "I am not avoiding you"…

Turning again, she pours milk on the vessel and lowers the flame off the gas…

Sharad: "Then why are you not talking with me?"

Shriya: "I am tired Sharad… I don't have the energy to talk… leave me alone for some time"…

Sharad was going to say something but decided against it and went outside to calm his mind…

***********

Everyone sits for breakfast except Sharad… Serving tea for herself, Shriya sits at her place… Varad and Smrithi who are sitting opposite Shriya, look at her worriedly…

Asha: "Shriya beta… where's Sharad?"

Shriya looks at Asha and thinks about what to answer… As she doesn't know where her husband went after she talked rudely with him…

Shriya: "Mom… Sharad… I"…

Sharad: "Morning everyone…Sorry for being late…  I went for a morning walk today… What's there for breakfast today?"

Saying this he takes his seat beside Shriya… Shriya looks at him momentarily and again focuses her gaze on her tea…

“I arrived at the correct time, it seems”... Hearing the unknown voice, they all turn their heads towards the source of the voice and are stunned at finding Smitha there…

Smitha: "Am I welcome?"

Smrithi: "Of course di… Please join us for breakfast"…

Asha smiles at her and tells her to join them… Smrithi takes Smitha and makes her sit beside her… Sharad looks at Smitha and then looks at Shriya who is holding the cup with force as if her life is dependent on it… Smitha looks at Shriya sitting beside Sharad and gets confused…

Shriya: "Mom, I am done with my breakfast… I will take your leave and I will come late as I have extra duties today"…

Sharad sees Shriya didn't have anything except the tea…

Sharad: "Shriya… Please have something… don't go on an empty stomach"…

Shriya: " I am not famished... I will have something later on"

Sharad: "Hmm… I am also done… I will leave with Shriya and will drop her"…

Smitha: "Aunty… Who is she?"

Sharad: "She is my wife Dr. Shriya Goenka… Please excuse us… Shriya, wait for me out… I will bring the car keys"…

Without saying anything, Shriya picked up her bag from the couch and went outside… 

********

Shriya sits in the front seat and looks outside as Sharad drives the car… looking at Shriya lost in her thoughts, he sighs…

Sharad stops the car in front of the cafe and gets out of the car… Shriya looks at Sharad confused as he opens the car door for her…

Shriya: "Sharad… why are we here? I am getting late"…

Sharad: "Get down Shriya"…

Seeing no use in arguing as she very well knows his stubborn nature, she gets out of the car…

Sharad clasps Shriya's hand and takes her inside the cafe…  spotting the empty seats at the corner, they both sit there…

Knowing Shriya’s choice, he orders coffee and some snacks for both of them…

Shriya: "Sharad… I am leaving"…

Sharad: "Shriya… Let's not create a scene… I have already placed the order"…

Shriya: "I said na I am not famished, then why?"

Sharad: "Because I can't let my wife work while starving"…

Their orders arrive and Sharad requests Shriya again to have something… seeing Shriya taking the first bite, he smiles and takes the first bite…

Sharad: "Shriya… What happened? Why are you not talking to me and avoiding me? Did I do anything wrong?"

Shriya: "Sharad… I think we should get a divorce"…

..............................................................

What will be Sharad' s response?
Will fate separate them?

Stay tuned❤️

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊