18. Dinner!!

Sharad informs Shriya about the party... Mr. Mehra had sent a special invitation to them... He invites her to accompany him to the party if it's possible...

Shriya: "Tomorrow evening I am free... I will accompany you but on one condition"...

Sharad: "What's that condition?"

Shriya: "I know you are disturbed with something else... I also know you will skip dinner like I do when I am stressed... So my condition is let's have dinner together"...

Sharad: "What? This is your condition to simply have dinner"...

Shriya nods and Sharad bursts into a chuckle... Shriya asks him what's witty while glaring at him... He controls his laugh and looks at her...

Sharad: "I thought you would ask something hefty and make me bankrupt"...

Shriya: "Look.. I am not at all interested in your money... I am independent myself and can buy whatever I require with my own money"...

Sharad; "I didn't mean that Shriya... I am sorry. .. I respect you and I am proud of you... I only said it as a joke... Please don't take it to heart"...

Shriya: "Hmm... It's ok.. Leave that topic... Is there any famous dhaba here"...

Sharad: "You want to visit the dhaba? I thought you only eat in restaurants"...

Shriya: "You... Sometimes what seems external is not the same inside... If you don't like to take me then forget it... I will book a cab and go to my camp"...

Shriya turned ahead and was going to go when Sharad held her wrist from behind...Shriya turns and looks at him...

Sharad: "You are correct... I wrongly assumed about you... It's not our fault... We don't know each other properly and didn't spend time with each other"...

Shriya: "Yes... I also judged you wrong many times... Now, leave it... Let's go"...

Sharad smiles and they both sit inside the car... Sharad drives towards the dhaba... Shriya's gaze is fixed outside... Sharad stares at her sometimes and when she peeks at him, he averts his face...

Sharad parks his car and Shriya gets down... They both go inside the dhaba... The cashier there greets Sharad and welcomes him...

Sharad: "How are you uncle? Where are Aunty and Chinki?"

Uncle: "I am fine beta... She is in the kitchen with Chinki... Wait, I will call them"...

Shriya looks at him amazed... A girl around the age of about 6 years comes running towards Sharad... Sharad sits on his knees clasps her hand and asks her how she is...

Chinki: "I am fine bhai... You know I got good marks and now I want to study... Bhai... Who is she?"

Sharad: "Very good Chinki... Study like this and make uncle and aunty proud... She is my wife...Shriya"...

Chinki goes towards Shriya and Shriya also kneels in front of her and smiles... Shriya unlocks her purse grabs the chocolate and gives it to Chinki... Chinki merrily takes it and kisses Shriya's cheeks...

Sharad: "You forgot me?"

Chinki chuckles and then kisses Sharad's cheeks... Her parents come near her... Sharad introduces Shriya as his wife to them... Shriya greets them...

Sharad and Shriya sit and fresh food is served to them... They both relish the food and eat everything that is served to them...

When they were going to leave, Shriya went towards the couple and thanked them for their hospitality and she complimented the food prepared by them... The couple blesses Shriya and Sharad to remain together always and to be happy... Shriya and Sharad look at each other with unknown emotions...

Chinki comes near her and gives Shriya a rose... Shriya happily takes it and embraces the small girl in her arms... After some talking they both leave... Sharad drives the car and Shriya is grinning thinking about her day...

Shriya: "Thank you Sharad... For taking me to such a lovely place... I loved spending time with them and had such a good feast after so long"...

Sharad nods and smiles at her... He is in a predicament whether to ask her or not... As they reach her camp, he parks the car and gets down with her...

Sharad: "Shriya... You are accompanying me tomorrow for the party? I will come to pick you up after you get free"...

Shriya: "Yes... I will join you... Don't worry about me... I will reach by at your hotel around 4 pm"...

Sharad was going to say that he would come to pick her up... But chose to not speak as he knew about her stubbornness... He smiles at her and bids her bye...

After Shriya goes inside, Sharad leaves in his car with a smile on his face...

        (NEXT EVENING)

Sharad is impatiently pacing around his cabin checking the CCTV from time to time...It's nearly 4:30 and Shriya hasn't arrived yet...

He sits on his chair frustrated... But then his lips curve to a small smile as he looks at her arriving...

...........................

Shriya was a little exhausted as she had to deal with patients till 4 pm... And then she realised she was getting late... She asked her colleague to attend to the remaining 2 patients and she went to her room... She had packed her bag which had some dresses... She decided to take Sharad's suggestion before wearing the dress...

She took her bag and her handbag and left hurriedly... She booked the cab and reached the residence in 20 minutes...

Shriya straightaway went to the receptionist... She welcomed her and told her that the same suite was made ready for her...

Shriya nods and gets on the elevator to reach the top floor... The receptionist already handed over the keys and Shriya unlocked the suite...

She goes inside and gets shocked...

..............................................................

Next part: #Shrishad take a stand for each other...

Stay tuned❤️

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊