54. Forever!!

Shriya messages Hemant to send her the recording and then keeping her mobile aside, she goes to change into something comfortable…

After freshening up, she checks her mobile and sees the notification of a call from her lawyer friend Isha…

She calls back and they greet each other…

Isha: "Do you recall why I called? If not then I will make you recollect… that after 5 days, you and your husband have to come to my office to confirm the divorce procedure"…

Shriya: "Isha… We have made up our minds… We chose to give each other a chance"…

Isha: "Oh wow! Congratulations and I am very happy for you… That implies you both have feelings for each other"…

Shriya: "I don't know Isha… I am not convinced about my feelings… and about him, I don't know"…

Isha: "Then find out how you feel around him… Do you feel peaceful and relaxed when around him or your mind and heart is in chaos around him?  Just ask your heart questions and it will answer you"…

Shriya responds yes and after a few minutes, she disconnects the call…

.At the dining table… 2 days after….

Sharad and Shriya are sitting beside each other and Smrithi also joins and sits beside Varad…  Asha and Harish smile looking at their children…

They all have their dinner while indulging in cute banters… After dinner, Asha tells them that she is feeling sleepy and can't join them in their night rituals… Harish also agrees and leaves with Asha…

Varad: "How about we all sit on the terrace and do stargazing… Sharad, di… Please agree to it"…

Sharad and Shriya agree and the two couples move towards the terrace…

Varad spreads the carpet on the terrace floor and Sharad brings cushions and blankets as it's cold…

Shriya and Smrithi silently observe their partners… Shriya helps Sharad in settling the cushions… Varad sits on one carpet and motions Smrithi to come near him…

Smrithi makes herself comfortable while sitting between Varad’s legs… He smiles and wraps themselves in the blanket… Kissing her forehead, he wraps his arms around her waist from behind protectively…

Sharad clears their throat looking at them and tells Varad that the bedroom is just downstairs… Varad chuckles and he tells them to sit…

Shriya goes and sits beside Sharad while he smilingly wraps the blanket around them from behind…

Smrithi: "Shriya di… Now is the perfect time… Can you share your love story with us now? How did you and Sharad bhai fall in love and how did you both get married to each other?"

Sharad looks at Shriya confused about what Smrithi is saying… Shriya nods and whispers in his ears to share any love story as theirs… Sharad understands and nods at her while glaring at Varad… Varad sheepishly smiles at them…

Sharad: "We became friends in school… I remember seeing her for the first time… She was clad in a red frock and her hair was made into two tiny ponytails…  She was looking like a fairy… She is still a fairy to me… My Angel"…

Smrithi: "Childhood sweethearts you both are!! Interesting… then how did your love story start?"

Asha: "Sorry to disturb you all… but it's important….Smrithi, I got a call from Shree… She asked you to be there at her house for some ritual… You should leave early in the morning… Varad, will you drop her?"

Varad: "Okay Mom… I will drop her off in the morning and will also pick her up in the evening"…

Asha smiles and tells them that it's late and that they should go to sleep…  Varad nods and tells Smrithi that they should sleep… She also agrees and they get up to leave…

Varad: "Sharad… are you both thinking of sitting here only'…

Shriya: "I am not feeling sleepy… I will sit here for some time… You all can go"…

Sharad: "Varad, Smrithi… you both should go"…

Varad and Smrithi leave from there while giggling… Sharad again sits beside Shriya…  They both simply stargaze without uttering a word… Shriya breaks the silence by calling Sharad… Sharad looks at Shriya and asks her what happened…

Shriya: "Isha, my lawyer friend called this morning… She informed me that 3 months are over and our signatures are needed"…

Sharad stares at her silently as if reading her facial expressions… Shriya waits for Sharad to say something…

Shriya: "Sharad… Say something"…

Sharad: "What do you want, Shriya? It's in your hands Shriya… As much as I want you to stay in my life, I also want your happiness… If your happiness is in us getting separated, then it will be okay for me… I just want your happiness… nothing else"…

Shriya: "Why are you like this Sharad? Why can't you be selfish?"

Sharad: "Shriya… I want to be selfish… I want to keep you for myself and hide you from the outside world…  I want us to be much more than friends… I have feelings for you… I wish for us to remain forever… But… I can't do that, can I? I can't and won't force you to stay… No matter how much I want you to stay… if you want to leave… I will not stop you…  It will hurt and I know I can't move on… But it's okay… I will be still breathing"…

Shriya: "I want you to be selfish… I want you to keep me for yourself… I want us to be more than friends… I also want us forever, that's till our last breath… I still don't have clarity on my feelings… But I want ‘us’... I like it when I am with you… I feel relaxed and at peace… You are my home… my abode… and I am not going anywhere leaving my abode"…

Sharad: "Did I hear correctly? You will be not going anywhere na... Promise me"

Shriya nods her head in agreement and promises him… Wiping Shriya’s tears, he embraces her in a tight hug… Shriya smiles and rubs his back…

.............................................................

Destiny: Receptions twists are ahead😅😁...

How was their confession?

Next chapter after 5 votes😅

Stay tuned❤️

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊