40. Punishment!!

Shriya messages Sharad that she will leave in half an hour and asks if he will pick her up. Sharad responds immediately with yes that he will pick her up...

........

Sharad parks his car in front of the hospital and calls Shriya that he is waiting outside. .. Shriya arrives after 10 minutes and sits inside the car...

Shriya asks him whether anyone called from home and what happened today there. Sharad responds negatively that he didn't receive any call...

They both reach home and Asha tells them to freshen up first...

...........

In the dining hall, Asha notifies them about the dates agreed on for the engagement and the wedding... Sharad and Shriya both smile and congratulate Varad and promise him that they will be present for the functions...

.................. Next day..................

Shriya wakes up first and freshens up first and then calls Sharad to wake him up... 

Sharad: "Good morning Shriya... Had a good sleep?"

Shriya: "Morning Sharad... Yes... Did you sleep tight?"

Sharad: "I didn't get much sleep because I was thinking about your decision"...

Shriya: "Yes... I forgot about it... I made my decision and will reveal it at night"...

Sharad faintly smiles and then goes to freshen up... Meanwhile, Shriya gets ready wearing a saree... She selects a kurta and keeps it on the bed for Sharad and then goes downstairs...

.............

Sharad sees the kurta and smiles... He wears it and goes downstairs... He searches for Shriya in the living hall... On not finding her there, he goes into the kitchen and sees her cutting vegetables...  Sharad looks at her lovingly…

Shriya has not seen him yet... Sharad slowly tip-toes and stands behind her...  He screams her name in her ear... Shriya also shouts and drops the knife on the floor...

She sees Sharad laughing at her... She glares at him and then she holds her finger and starts blowing air on her finger... Sharad looks shocked and asks her what happened...

Shriya: "My finger got hurt because of you... It's bleeding... Ahhh... Ouch"...

Sharad: "I am sorry Jaan... Let me see"...

Sharad was going to hold her finger when she turned away glaring at him... Sharad pleads with her to forgive him and let him see the cut... But Shriya being the stubborn she is... Glares at him and moves out of the kitchen... Sharad calling and pleading follows her behind...

Shriya goes towards the lawn and sees Asha... Shriya starts crying loudly... Sharad also reaches there... Asha asks her what happened...

Shriya: "Maa.. Your son scared me when I was cutting the vegetables in the kitchen and I dropped my knife... My finger got hurt, see"...

Asha becomes dumbstruck at first but then embraces Shriya... Shriya gets stunned at first but then smiles...

Asha asks Shriya to repeat what she said first... Shriya tells about her cut...  But Asha cuts her and asks her what she called her in the beginning... Shriya realised she called Asha 'maa'...  Shriya again calls her maa...

Asha glares at Sharad and tells Shriya to come with her... Asha asks Shriya to show her hand... Shriya shows her palm... Asha checks for injuries and doesn't find one...

Shriya: "Maa... He scared me and the knife fell... I just did a prank that hurt my finger... Let's play along Maa"...

Asha chuckles and nods her head in yes... Seeing Sharad coming towards them, Shriya again whimpers in pain... 

Sharad: "I am sorry na Shriya... Let me see the wound... Please... Let me bandage it na Shriya... Sorry... Sorry... I promise to not do such pranks ever... Mom... Please make her understand"...

Asha: "Why should I make her understand? It's all your fault... Come Shriya... I will apply the bandage"...

Shriya nods and Asha takes her to the room... Both laugh looking at Sharad's plight...

.......................... In the evening........

Shriya ignored Sharad the whole day…She didn't even glance at him and applied a bandage on one of the fingers...

They both performed the last aarti together and did the 'visarjan'

Sharad followed her and tried to speak to her but Shriya didn't listen to him once...

Sharad frustratingly sits on the couch... Waiting for a chance to meet Shriya alone... Shriya comes and sits on the couch facing him scrolling through her mobile...

Shared glances at her and calls her name... But Shriya doesn't pay any heed to him...  Asha comes and tells Shriya to bring some things from the store room...

Shriya nods and goes towards the store room... She unlocks the door and goes inside... Sharad also follows her and holds her hand...

Sharad: "Shriya... Sorry na... Don't give this big punishment to me... Please say something... If you want to give me then you can beat me or hurt me in my finger... But please say something... Your silence is the worst punishment for me"...

Shriya smirks and tells him that she will give him different punishments... Sharad asks her what he has to do as a punishment...

Shriya: "Okay... So Mr Sharad Goenka... Your punishment is you will have to cook dinner today and that too without any help from anyone... The menu is kept on the kitchen counter"...

Sharad: "Okay Mrs. Shriya Sharad Goenka... Punishment accepted"...

Shriya chuckles and tells him to go and prepare dinner in an hour and his time starts now... Sharad runs from there and Shriya cracks down laughing seeing him running...

..............................................................

Destiny: It's my favourite punishment🤭🤭...

What's your opinion... Should Shriya give a chance to Sharad?

How was the chapter?

Stay tuned❤️.

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY☺️