37. Smitha's Accident

Sharad brings a water bottle and then sits near Shriya... He forwards the bottle to Shriya... She takes the bottle and takes sips of it... Sharad also gives her chocolate... Shriya looks amazed at first but then smilingly takes it... 

She unwraps the cover and starts munching the chocolate... She feels someone's gaze on her... She sees Sharad looking at her intently... She smiles sheepishly realising that she didn't ask him for the chocolate... She forwards a piece towards him and he takes it from her...

Shriya: "Now, tell me... After her parents got to know... i.e. Shree Aunty got to know... What happened?"

Sharad: "I knew Shree Aunty from childhood... I didn't see Smitha ever with her... I got to know about this only in the mall... Shree Aunty took Smitha with her... I went home and decided to talk to Mom... I informed Mom about us... She was stunned at first and did a fake drama and then agreed"...

Shriya: "Like the fake drama she did in the case of Varad?"

Sharad: "Yes... That's why I was telling you to not worry... I knew Mom would accept" ...

Shriya chuckles and then gestures for Sharad to continue...

Sharad: "Then Mom agreed and she assured me that she would convince Aunty... Our family went to their home and then Mom and Shree Aunty talked about us... After a lot of convincing and all... Our parents agreed to our marriage"...

Shriya: "Everything was sorted na... This means parents agreed to marriage then how did everything change"…

Sharad nods his head yes and also tells her that their parents have also decided on their engagement to be done after a month...

Sharad: "My one mistake turned our life upside down... Smitha died in an accident which happened because of me"...

Memories of that day's event flashed in Sharad's mind... He drank sips of water to avoid tears that were on the verge of falling... Shriya sees Sharad blinking his eyes... She holds his hands and assures him...

Shriya:  "It's OK you can share that any other time when you are comfortable"...

Sharad: "Yes... I want to share now... Our engagement was fixed after a  month... We both were happy and our family was equally delighted for us... In that one month, I got an opportunity to expand my business in Mumbai... Everyone was happy again... I left for Mumbai... Smitha wanted to come with me but she had work commitments... On the 20th day, I was stunned to see Smitha in my office... She came for me to surprise me...  We both went shopping that day and roamed around the city on a bike... When we were coming back... Smitha asked me for ice cream... I parked the bike and was going to bring... When she insisted that she would go... She crossed the road and took ice cream... While coming back a truck came in front of her and she died on the spot"...

Shriya embraces Sharad in a hug as he is crying... She rubs his back... Both stay silent in each other's embrace... After a few minutes, Sharad breaks the hug...

Shriya asks him if he is fine... Sharad nods his head in yes... They both sit there silently for some time...

Shriya:  "I think Mom and Dad must have returned... They must be worried for us... Shall we leave?"

Sharad nods and they both get up... Shriya holds his hand and they both reach towards the parking area... Shriya says that she will drive... Sharad nods and they both get into the car...

............................

Shriya parks the car in front of the home... Shared and Shriya both get down and go inside together...  As soon as Asha sees them, she runs towards them, cups Sharad's face and asks him if he is fine...

Sharad nods his head yes and says that Shriya was with him and they went to the temple... Asha goes towards Shriya and hugs her... Harish also asks if they both are fine... They nod their head in yes...

Varad: "Family reunion without me.? Not fair"...

Varad also joins them in their group hug... Asha tells Varad that she has ordered something and tells him to bring it from the mall... After Varad left, Sharad asked Asha about what happened after they went...

Asha: "Shree agreed to their relationship but on one condition, she wants a simple court marriage... And reception we can keep as we wish... I agreed to that"...

Sharad: "You did well... Did you inform Varad about whatever happened there?"

Asha: "No... I didn't inform him... It would be better if it remained as the past only... I don't want the past to ruin our beautiful present"...

Sharad smiles and nods his head yes while looking at Shriya... Asha tells them to freshen up and then come downstairs for dinner...

As soon as Sharad and Shriya leave upstairs... Asha turns her face and breaks down crying... Harish sits near her and embraces her...

Asha: "Harish...  I am afraid… Harish...for our Sharad... Did you see he is coming back to his original self because of Shriya... And today also Shriya handled him otherwise I don't know what would have happened... Sharad and Shriya are made for each other and they are each other's peace... But what if Sharad sees Smitha and they come face to face...  You know I was happy for Sharad and Smitha's relationship before... But now I don't want them to ever meet again... Think of me as a selfish... I don't care... I only want my son's happiness and his happiness lies with Shriya... Now at Varad and Smrithi's marriage... Smitha will gain her consciousness soon... Maybe she will also regain her memory... And there if Smitha meets Sharad... No... I won't let that happen... Sharad shouldn't attend Varad's marriage"...

..............................................................

Sorry for the late updates... I had my own sets of breakdowns that's why I didn't write and update anything...

Destiny: A chance... Improvement in relations.  And past meets present...  Guess what happens next? 😁😁🤪

Readers: 🤨🤨🙄🙄