10. Divorce!!

While having breakfast, Radha tells Sharad and Shriya to take leave for a week as they have booked their tickets to Switzerland for their honeymoon...

Sharad chokes on his food and Shriya coughs... They both ask 'what' at the same time...

Sharad: "Mom... How could you? You both know that this marriage has been compelled on us"...

Shriya is stunned to hear that Sharad has also been forced to wed her...

Asha: "That's the past... Now, you are married and get to understand each other better... That's why this honeymoon"...

Sharad: "Mom please cancel the tickets... I am going to Mumbai tomorrow for a month for business purposes"...

Saying this, Sharad left from there... Shriya also gets up...

Asha: "I am sorry Shriya... He is like this only... For him, business became his first priority after she left"...

Shriya: "Who left?"

Harish: "Nothing Shriya... Take your tiffin while going... I will cancel the tickets then"...

Shriya didn't question them and she left taking the tiffin with her... Her mind is filled with thoughts...
'Whom did Asha Aunty mention... That girl... Is she Sharad's girlfriend? Maybe she left him... But then why did he approve of this wedding... He said today that he has also been compelled'...

With these thoughts running in her mind, she reaches the hospital... She determines to confront him at night...

{ NIGHT: At Sharad's room }

After dinner, Sharad had already gone to his room... Harish and Asha tried to persuade him to go to Mumbai afterwards but he didn't listen to them... Shriya didn't speak a word... She assisted Asha in cleaning the kitchen...

After that, she reaches her room and sees Sharad sitting on the bed and working on the laptop... She sighs and goes near the closet... Picks comfortable clothes and then she proceeds to change...

She comes back and calls Sharad and tells him that she wants to speak with him...

Sharad: "We will speak later.. I am busy right now"...

Shriya:  "I don't care... First reply to me.. Why are you going to Mumbai and when will you return?"

Sharad: "Why do you care? Where I go and when I return it shouldn't matter to you... Because I am not answerable to you as we are no one, just strangers... Don't tell me you are thinking that you want to go on a honeymoon with me"...

Shriya: "Shut up! Just shut up... Honeymoon.. With you... I would preferably choose to die than go with you... I was just asking you so that if you return before then we will apply for divorce early... I just want a divorce from you"...

Sharad: "Same here... I will return after a month only... Till then stay here and enjoy"...

Shriya: "I want the divorce early as possible... First, let's apply for a divorce tomorrow only and then you can go wherever you want"...

Sharad: "Ok... Good idea... Now, don't consume my brains and go to sleep"...

Shriya: "I don't think you have that in you... Your brain may have fallen down somewhere"...

Before Sharad could speak... Shriya went and laid on her couch while covering herself with the duvet...

Sharad grits his teeth and then goes towards the bed... Tosses his laptop aside and lays down while switching off the lights...

{ At around 3:45 am}

Shriya in her sleep starts sweating and mumbles something... Tears are all over her face... She yells and wakes up with a jolt...
Sharad also gets up and switches on the lamp...

Shriya sees Sharad also has woken up with her sound... She gets up and sips water... And again sits on her couch...

Shriya: "Sorry I woke you up... I had a nasty dream that's why I yelled"...

Sharad: "Bad dream... You saw?... The ghost will be afraid of looking at you... You look worse... How come ghosts come in your dreams... It has a bad liking"...

Sharad starts chuckling, telling this... Shriya glances at him and doesn't say anything... She again lays down holding the locket which her parents gifted her on her birthday... And then she notices the nuptial chain with it and cries silently...

{ NEXT MORNING }

Shriya wakes up and sees the time... It's 8 am... She quickly tucks the duvet and organises it on the bed... Meanwhile, Sharad comes after freshening up...

Sharad: "I am sorry for yesterday night... I didn't mean that".

Shriya: "Leave it... When are we going to go to the lawyer's office... This evening is fine?"

Sharad:  "I am having the flight in the afternoon... We can go now... Get ready fast and come down... I will wait for you... And this divorce matter must be between us... My family shouldn't come to figure it out about it now... Later I will handle them somehow"...

Shriya: "Same... I don't want my uncle and others to know... After the divorce, I will shift from here and stay away from everyone"...

Sharad doesn't say anything and goes from there... Shriya freshens up and comes after 20 minutes... She goes downstairs and greets them morning and joins them on the dining table... She sits near Sharad...

They all have breakfast and Sharad tells Shriya to come fast as he is waiting near the parking area... Shriya nods... Asha and Harish pass an understanding look...

Shriya takes the bag and her tiffin and leaves from there... She sees Sharad had parked the car in front of the home... She sits in the front and Sharad drives the car...

..............................................................

Will their families come to know about the divorce??