38. Promise!!

Shriya tells Sharad to freshen up first as it will help him relax... Sharad nods and goes inside the washroom...

............. In the dining hall... ..........

Family members are having their dinner together... Sharad and Shriya are sitting beside each other...

Asha: "Smrithi's aunt Shree called... They are coming to our house tomorrow and will bring the priest with them to fix the engagement and the marriage date...  Varad, your presence is needed tomorrow so take a leave"...

Varad nods his head in yes... And he requests Sharad and Shriya also to be with him tomorrow...

Sharad: "Mom... Varad... I am sorry... I have a meeting tomorrow morning and I will come late at night as the next day will be a holiday"...

Shriya looks at Sharad and she understands that he purposely doesn't want to meet them...

Shriya: "Even I will not be able to take the leave... Sorry Varad... I hope you can understand"...

Varad frowns and just nods his head... After dinner, Harish tells Sharad and Shriya to come to their room as he and Asha want to talk with them...

Sharad feels that maybe they want to talk about him and Shriya avoiding the guests... He looks at Shriya and she assures him with her eyes...

Sharad and Shriya go inside and Asha tells them to come and sit...

Harish: "Sorry Sharad... I didn't stop you from leaving... I was going to back answer her but your Mom held my hand and gestured to me no... I also kept quiet for Varad and his happiness... Thank you Shriya beta for being with Sharad"...

Shriya: "No need uncle... It was my duty and I just did that"...

Asha smiles at them and tells Sharad that she doesn't have any problem with them not attending guests tomorrow...

Sharad and Shriya smile at them and then they leave for their room... After they leave, Asha takes a deep breath...

Asha: "It's good that tomorrow Sharad and Shriya won't be present here... I don't want Sharad to ever find out that Smitha is alive"...

Harish nods his head and he remembers how they met Smitha again...

.............. Flashback........................

Shree shares with Asha and Harish about how they found out that Smitha is alive... Asha and Harish feel bad for them...

Asha: "Where is Smitha now? I mean is she in the hospital?"

Shree: "No, she is not in the hospital... We discharged her and brought her here yesterday... She only showed slight finger movements and didn't open her eyes yet"...

Asha: "Can we see her?"

Shree hesitates at first but then nods her head yes...  She tells them to follow her... She takes them to a room upstairs... On unlocking the door, Asha and Harish's gaze falls on a girl sleeping on the bed... Her body is attached to various tubes and the room is filled with medical equipment...

Asha wipes her tears seeing Smitha in this condition... At one time, She considered Smitha as her daughter and she had a very good bond with her... Now she doesn't know whether to be happy that Smitha is fine or sad that if Sharad finds out about Smitha being alive what will happen...

After some time, they all sit in the living hall again...

Asha: "Shree... I want a small promise from you... Please, I am requesting you... Fulfil this one promise"...

Shree: "What's that promise? If it's related to Varad and Smrithi... I agree with this relation... But I want the marriage to be in court... It's Smrithi's wish... She doesn't want a lavish marriage"...

Asha: "I am so happy that you agreed... I agree with simple court marriage... But let us arrange the reception which will be a little lavish with a close one's presence"...

Shree: "That's okay with us... We will come to your home tomorrow... So we can do the engagement ceremony tomorrow and then fix the dates for the marriage"...

Asha: "Okay... But that's not the promise I need.... Shree... As mother's... We only want our children's happiness... And I want my both boys to be happy... Varad is happy... I want my Sharad also to be happy... So I want a promise from you that you will not reveal anything about Smitha being alive to our children... Does Smrithi know about Smitha's past with Sharad?"

Shree: "Smrithi doesn't know anything... And I also don't want any more problems in Smitha and Smrithi's life... So don't worry, I will not reveal anything"...

.................... In Sharad's room...........

Sharad and Shriya are sleeping next to each other...  Faint moonlight falls on their faces enhancing their facial features...

" Don't leave me... Smitha... Please open your eyes... Open your eyes... Don't leave me... Smitha"...  Shriya's sleep gets disturbed when she hears this... She opens her eyes with a jolt and she sits straight...

Switching on the bedside table lamp she sees Sharad getting anxious and murmuring something... Shriya quickly holds Sharad's face and calls his name...  She whispers sweet nothings in his ears...

Sharad opens his eyes and sees Shriya... He embraces her from the waist... Shriya plays with his hair...

..............................................................

Stay tuned❤️.

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY😊