Chase

I walked down the street towards where I've lived for about I don't know... 10 years. Mrs Smiths Home for Children. It's a nightmare really! On my way there I bumped into a man wearing a baseball hat and sunglasses. He was in a hurry and I felt bad for bumping into him so I quickly said sorry. He said it was no problem. I walked inside of the home taking in the smell of a very dirty diaper. How fun! I ran up stairs before Mrs Smith could ask me to help sense I helped a lot around here I'm surprised I don't get paid. I felt something wrap around my leg and I looked down to see Chase. Chase is 4 years old and has dark brown hair. "Hey buddy" I said messing up his hair.
"Glad you're home Megan" Chase said letting go of my leg and standing up.
"I was only gone for an hour" I said opening my bedroom door and tossing my bag into the light blue colored room.
"Well I kinda need your help" he said as I heard a yell from down stairs. Chase was known in the house for his little harmless pranks he pulls on Mrs Smith and I have say this kid has guts to do that.
"What did you do this time?" I asked as Mrs Smith climbed up to the stairs covered in flour. Mrs Smith had dark brown hair that came down to her back and for a 40 year old women she can move pretty fast.
"CHASE!!!" Mrs Smith yelled as Chase hid behind me.
"Mrs Smith. You know Chase pulls pranks all the time it's in his blood so why punish him now when you haven't punished him the other times?" I asked as she crossed her arms of her chest.
"Fine he gets away this time but he doesn't get any desert" Mrs Smith said walking back down the stairs to go change her outfit.
"Thanks Megan" Chase said hugging me tightly.
"No problem" I said walking into my room and shutting the door. I plopped down into my soft bed and took my phone from my pocket and scrolled through pictures I had of my mother before she died. My mother died in a car crash and my father was a abusive and a alcoholic. He never touched me but he did abuse my mother. When my mom died my dad took me to Mrs Smith and told me he was helping me and himself. I know he wasn't happy with his decision but it was for the best because I didn't want a alcoholic father. So I lived here sense I has 4. I thought my life would never change but it did. It changed a lot.