The Truth

I held Mrs Smith's hand as we crossed the street towards the cemetery. We looked at graves until we found the right one. The words "Aubrey Matthews 1975 to 2002" my mom died at age 24. I stared at the grave for a few minutes then put the red rose on the grave. "I bet she misses you" Mrs Smith said smiling down at me.
"I miss her too" I said trying to make sure I pronounced everything right. I was 4 what do you expect.
"MEGAN!" Chris said waking me up from my dream.
"What?!" I asked.
"What did you say your moms name was again? I might've knew her" Chris said as I got out of bed.
"Aubrey Matthews" I said opening my door and walking out into the hallway. Chris didn't join me in the hallway. I walked back into the room to see him shocked or something.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"I dated your mom a long time ago she was probably 21" Chris said running his fingers through his hair.
"So you knew my mom?" I asked as he joined me outside of my room.
"Yeah I did. We dated for a while" he said smiling. What was he up to?
"What are you up too?" I asked.
"Oh nothing just something I thought that you would flip out about" he said handing me a piece of paper. I looked at the paper understanding exactly what it meant. Wait what?! No wonder I looked nothing like my "father". My birth certificate laid in front of me. I looked up at Chris to see a goofy smile.
"That guy who your mom married wasn't your real father" Chris said. I stared at him in shock. No way. I'm probably just as confused as everyone else is. I looked at the certificate one more time. I can't believe it. The guy I believed to be my real father wasn't my father at all.
"Your real father isn't dead" Chris said. I was lied to all my life about who my father was. I started getting tears in my eyes. Happy tears! I ran into Chris's arms hugging him tightly.
"I knew Aubrey was keeping a secret" Chris mumbled.
"At least I know the truth" I said not wanting to let go of the hug.
"So I'm basically not your adoptive father. I'm your biological father" he said.
"I'm glad it's you and not that guy my mom married" I said.
"Now I really wish I would've been there" he said.
"Like I said. You were. I watched your movies when I was little. When I first met you when I was 5 I got butterfly's" I said smiling.

Chris's P.O.V
I stood there for a while taking in everything she had said. When I got the phone call about it I was so excited and happy. I held her close to me not ever wanting to let go.

Flashback
I walked inside seeing Aubrey made me smile. "Hey sweetie" I said as she turned and smiled her brown hair up in a pony tail.
"Chris we need to talk" Aubrey said nervously.
"Oh no. I already don't like how this headed" I said.
"Chris we need to break up" she said. My heart shattered, I thought she was the one meant for me.
"Why?" I asked.
"I can't do this. With the cameras and people. It's not a place for a baby" she blurted out. She covered her mouth realizing what she had said.
"Wait what?" I asked.
End of flashback

I smiled at Megan as she let go of the hug and wiped her tears away. A smile was on her face. 12 years and I've never even met the kid. And now here we are. This is gonna be fun. Well it already was fun.

Megan's P.O.V
After learning Chris was my actual father I laid on the couch watching Captain America: The First Avenger. Chris said earlier that they'd be filming the second Captain America movie in a week or two. I get to see people I missed! I was really excited about that. I feel like that what just happened was like the scene in Star Wars where Darth Vader tells Luke he's his father. That's what came to mind when I looked at the certificate. Another thing that I just started thinking about was Iron Man 3! That's coming out in May!!! We better go to the premier.
By the time I was finished watching the movie I was crying due to Captain "dying." Chris came into the room and was worried about me crying.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Captain never got to dance with Peggy" I said my voice cracking. Chris smiled widely at why I was crying.
"You are to adorable" Chris said. Of corse I was adorable. I remember when Mrs Smith was cutting Onions and she was crying so I said we'd pray for the onions that she cut.
"I know" I said drying my tears with a smile. Chris sat down beside me and hugged me tightly. I love dis meatball so much.

What?! I know I left you guys shocked. I couldn't think of anything to have as like a thing where if this was a movie everyone would be like OMG!!!! Comment "I knew it!" if you expected this or comment "OMG" if you were shocked. And thank you guys so much for 6,000 reads! I love you all so much! ~Kenlee Faith❤️❤️❤️