Accident

I've been feeling much better by taking that medicine Chris had given me. Chris was out getting pizza for our movie night. Uncle Scott was coming over soon to watch movies with us. I was sitting on the couch and I noticed a paper sticking out of the junk cabinet. We basically put things in there then throw them away if the trash can is full. I pulled out the paper.
Dear Mr Evans
I would tell Megan of the recent events involving family members and friends. I'd like to inform you that Megan's Aunt has been in the Hospital for 2 weeks but died two days ago. And I know Megan would be concerned about Chase. Chase was hit by a car but he is in the Hospital at the moment and is in bad condition.
From Mrs Smith
Wait what! Chase was in the Hospital and my only living family member just died. My guess causing my Aunt's death was drugs or smoking problems. Why didn't Chris tell me this? I stared at the paper and laid back down thinking about how to talk to Chris about this. My time was cut short when Uncle Scott arrived.
"Uncle Scott can I talk to you?" I asked he stared at me for a while then realized something was wrong.
"Spill" he said instantly.
"Do you think my dad would hide anything from me?" I asked staring at him.
"Why?" He asked as I handed him the paper and he looked at it.
"That's why" I said as I heard Chris's car pull up, "I'm gonna go to my room." I got up and fast walked to my room. Once I got to my room and closed the door and locked it knowing Chris would want inside as soon as Scott would say something to him. As soon as I heard the door shut and Scott say something I knew Chris would run towards my room. And just as if on cue the sound of running footsteps came running down the hall.
"Megan open the door" Chris said knocking on my door.
"I want to be alone" I said burying my face in my pillow.
"Not an option. Open the door" he ordered.
I didn't move.
"Megan. Open. The. Door" he said in a warning voice that sorta scared me.
"Just leave me alone" I said covering myself with my blanket.
"You leave me no choice" he said as the lock started turning and the door swung open.
"Go away" I said covering my head with my pillow.
"Megan. I was gonna tell you last night but I never got the chance" he said taking the pillow away from me.
I didn't respond.
"Megan I don't like it when your ignoring me" he said sitting down on my bed. I had the urge to throw myself at him and cry in his arms but the other half was wanting me to play the silent game.
"Look at me" he said, I didn't move.
"Look. At. Me" Chris said raising his voice a little bit. I looked up and turned to face him.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I said my eyes probably red and puffy.
"I didn't have the chance to" he said staring at me, "Megan I'm sorry I really am."
"Prove it" I said. I can me a little stubborn at times and Chris has never seen my stubborn side. He stared at me for a while then got on his phone texting someone. His phone beeped then I heard the door close. Chris took off his shoes and jacket and laid down on the other side of bed with me.
"Come here" he said I could see some tears forming in his eyes. I instantly threw myself in his arms and started crying. All I could think was that Chase was in the Hospital and my only family member is now dead. I basically only have Chris and my new family. "Shhhhhh. Megan calm down. It's okay daddy's here" he said softly. The words 'daddy's here' echoed through my mind as I slowly started calming down and breathed slowly. Chris sat up and held me closely as he started singing and different song. It was a disney song and I recognized it. Beauty and The Beast. I buried myself in my fathers warmth as he pull a blanket over both of us. I could feel his eyes staring down at me but I didn't look up. I knew he had a smile on his face realizing I was getting tired. And once again I fell asleep engulfed in my fathers warmth.