The public

I woke up still in Chris's bed. I was snuggled against a warm spot in the bed. My eyes fluttered open and looked around to see no Chris. I could hear East barking and I could smell what I think was something burning. I got out of bed and walked to the bedroom door and pushed it open slowly. "Cold feet!" I whisper yelled as I tip toed down the hallway as if the floor was lava. I made it to the kitchen to see Chris trying to make pancakes. I coughed.
"Jesus! Megan you scared me!" Chris said holding his chest.
"Sorry. Did you burn something?" I asked walking toward the table.
"Yeah I burnt my pancake" he said throwing away the pancake that looked like a hockey puck.
"Oh" I said sitting down at the table and propping my head up with my elbows.
"Did you sleep good?" He asked putting perfect looking pancakes on a plate.
"Yeah" I said as he placed the pancakes in front of me. I ate all my food in maybe 10 or 20 minutes. I was really hungry.
"So what does mrs Evans what to do today sense I have the day off" Chris said as I placed the plate into the sink.
"I need new cloths" I said smiling innocently.
"Alright! We'll go shopping" Chris said.
"Okay I'll go get dressed" I said as I walked back to my room and got a shower. I dried my hair and put it into a bun. I changed into a Thor shirt with white jeans and black flats. I grabbed my Marvel book bag and put my sketch book inside with colored pencils and other items. I walked out to see Chris leaning against the wall, he was wearing a grey long sleeved shirt that was tight, he had black jeans and a Boston Red Sox hat.
We arrived at the mall which was pretty big for its size. I've only been to the mall 4 times in Boston. We walked into a few stores and I got sweaters, cardigans, t-shirts, shoes, and a hat. We were leaving a store as Paparazzi swarmed us, well mostly Chris. Chris quickly grabbed my arm and we made our way through the mall.
"Who is this girl?" One of them asked.
"Is she a friend?" Another asked.
"Family?" asked another. I could see Chris getting angry. He tightened his grip around my arm and we made our way to the car without answering any questions. We got into the car and drove away.
"Well that was crazy" I said as we were almost to the house.
"Ya think" Chris said, I could tell he was mad. We made it home and Chris turned on the tv only to see our picture.
"Who is this little girl with Chris Evans? Is she a friend or family?" The reporter said as the picture of Chris blocking me from the group of people was on the tv. I put the bags on the floor.
"Jesus" I heard Chris mutter under his breath. I carried my things back to my room and put them into my closet. Chris was mad or upset I couldn't tell. He knew he couldn't keep me a secret forever. It was gonna happen.
It was maybe an hour or two later until I decided to get off my bed and walk out to the kitchen to get a snack. Chris was passed out of the couch with a bottle of beer on the table. It was half empty. I grabbed my Gold Fish and walked back to my room not wanting to wake Chris. I wonder how many beers he had? Maybe two or three? I got back to my room and sat the Gold Fish on my desk as East pushed open my door with his head and walked in and jumped onto my bed. I closed my door and changed into pj shorts and one of Chris's shirts. If I didn't have any clean pj shirts I'd steal one of Chris's t-shirts. I got into bed and ate my Gold Fish. It was late at night maybe 10:00 at night. East was now fast asleep at my feet and half the bag of Gold Fish was gone. My eyes started to feel heavy so I put down the food and turned off my bedside lamp. I closed my eyes trying to fall asleep. I heard my door open and I just laid there. I felt a piece of my hair be pushed behind my ear. I felt a gentle kiss on my forehead. It smelled like beer. "Goodnight Megan" I heard Chris whisper.
"Goodnight...dad" I said opening my eyes to see him smiling.
"Get some rest" Chris said.
"How many beers do you have?" I asked staring at him.
"2" he answered as he exited the room. I fell asleep.