Nightmare

Megan's p.o.v
I felt Chris grab my hand gently and rub it with his thumb. It was very soothing. I had fallen asleep before I could say good night.
I rolled around in bed trying to shake the nightmare from my mind.
The car skidded across the road crashing into a large tree. The sound of a women's scream filled the air as the car light into flames. There was a small explosion. And all went silent. That scream from the women was my mother.
I sat up in bed tears rolling down my pale cheeks. I wiped them away and got out of bed with East following behind. I walked down the dark hallway that was dimly light by the moonlight. I padded the floor with my bare feet. I walked through the kitchen and entered the other hallway. The door was half open and there was a dim light of a lamp. I pushed open the door seeing Chris sleeping soundly. Maybe I shouldn't wake him. He looks so peaceful. I started to turn around until East started barking at Chris. I saw Chris wide awake. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you" I said wiping away a stray tear, that traitor.
"What's wrong?" Chris asked instantly.
"Just a bad dream, really" I said starting to leave the room.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Chris asked stopping me in my tracks.
"Sure" I said walking over to the other side of the bed and climbed in. His bed was softer than mine, not fair!
"What happened?" Chris asked staring at me with those ocean blue eyes.
"I had a nightmare of my mothers death" I said as a few tears trickled down my cheek and Chris quickly wiped them away.
"Oh Megan" he said pulling me onto his lap and hugged me tightly.
"You know your bed is softer than mine" I said laughing as he rubbed my back. I have to admit it felt very soothing.
"You can sleep here for the night" said Chris propping his back against the head board and rested his head on a pillow. He held me as close as possible. I felt safe. My eyes started feeling heavy as I rested my head against his warm chest.
"Thank you... For everything" I said as Chris wrapped ourselves in the comfy blanket.
"Don't thank me. I'm being the best father I can" he said kissing my forehead.
"I'm being the best daughter I can" I said closing my eyes and falling asleep against my father as if nothing in the world mattered. All what mattered was him and nothing else. I love him.